Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by thehoyles on Jul 13, 11 2:07 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Age: The Dark Priests? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by MstressMew on Jul 30, 11 2:29 AM
I'm stuck, the walk-through isn't helping. I can't go forward, can't go backward. I guess my next step is deleting it since I've made no progress with it. I'm sorry I bought it!

[Post New]by Needletime2 on Aug 15, 11 10:04 PM
Wonderful game!!!!!! (Not creepy.........horrayyy!)
Have been looking for FROGS (think that's what you call them, when you have to find pieces of objects) and one of you nice fishies suggested this(thank y ou again).............although it was more HOG than FROG, I loved it all.
Lots of going back and forth but the construction of each place and how unique they all were made it really fun, very different from just going back and forth from room to room.
Never had to use the walkthrough after I realized you just keep going back to find more HOG scenes in different places. Almost every scene has elements that do something if you click on them, rabbit, plants, which makes it even more interesting and fun.
Also think it was a long game but then I only play for an hour or so each night and I took my time because I was really enjoying it.
Great developer.............will be looking for more.
Thank you BF!!

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Aug 26, 11 10:04 PM
I replayed this game again today and remembered how much I enjoyed it the first time. Beautiful graphics, HOG and FROG as well as puzzles so it's got a little something for everyone.

[Post New]by christabel112 on Oct 10, 11 6:34 PM
The graphics were good, there was plenty to do, and I liked the variation on the HOG themes...but the tasks were the eventually *senseless* feeling kind, in where and how anything really related to anything else, and so, as I do with those kinds of games, I played mostly to finish it... while the theme is commendable, its how its all put together that really lacks, and therefore, it becomes even irritating to play it (though of course, I usually finish them, anyway)

I'm glad to see games coming out where it all *fits*, and works together with the kind of tasks, order of, that enhances actually keeping some kind of interest in the game throughout, instead of just *clicking and clicking* to get it over with, eventually.

Like Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera and Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse. Those were surprising and well put together games. Be nice to see all games, whatever their themes, dark or otherwise, come out with some kind of thematic sensibility between themes and tasks, so you don't start thinking more about your grocery list than the game half the time (and not that there is anything wrong with paying more attention to one's responsiblities than any games ), and ultimately .

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Nov 4, 11 1:30 PM
Overall an enjoyable game. I found the mini-games challenging and engaging and the main storyline much the same. I also enjoyed the art style, and the music--save for one notable exception--was unobtrusive and suited the game. I have two criticisms, though:

1. The hidden-object scenes didn't flow logically with the game. In other games, if you get an object you're supposed to use in a particular location, you go to that location, and there may be a hidden-object scene there. In this game, though, several of the scenes were in completely random locations. You've just been sent to do a task in the library, and you have outstanding tasks on the island or in the magician's house, but the hidden-object scene to get something you need is back at the caravan. You end up running around to locations with no outstanding tasks and wasting time because there's no logical order to the hidden-object scenes.

2. The Hallelujah Chorus when you restore the Protectress? Really? You couldn't find something cheesier to do?

Other than that, I had a good time. I'll definitely try, and likely buy, any more games in this series, if and when they come out.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Dec 7, 11 12:21 PM
A very enjoyable game. Wide screen, good length, beautiful scenes and graphics and interesting scenes and sounds. Clicking on some things causes a reaction...fun. Lots to do and many places to go, and it's so well designed that I really didn't get lost. More H0s than I like, but I did like the H0s where I had to find objects to make something that did something to get another object. However, the H0s were bright and not too cluttered. I also liked the blue flashes indicating a H0S. The journal was helpful rather than just repeating what I had already done. I laughed out loud at the Hallelujah and thought it most appropriate for the ending.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 7:17 AM
A very nice and fun game with nice graphics.

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Jun 28, 12 7:15 PM
This such a lovely game. You work at your own pace for sure, it is pleasant graphically and just lovely fun.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jul 6, 12 1:29 PM
wonderful game, great graphics and very challenging mini games. lots to do. well done

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 27, 12 8:33 PM
All the positive reviews describe this great game quite nicely..
I really enjoyed playing it -the story-the gameplay - most of the music..Just a very pleasent nice game...will play again someday
I'll happily give it a out of 5 because I was content and not stressed out even though I wore out 3 pair of flip-flops I continued to enjoy

Go to: