Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 14, 10 9:02 PM
P.S. Does anyone know when the SE will come out?

Zoesgran
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Zoesgran on Dec 15, 10 4:15 AM
I loved this game after thinking it was boring because it took so long to get into the house. But it's one of those games that gets better as you progress IMO, and the bonus game is relevant to the rest of the game for a change.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Editio

[Post New]by dlb628 on Dec 27, 10 12:41 AM
I thought this game was great. It had an interesting storyline that came to a conclusive end without pulling that obnoxious "to be continued" stuff that I absolutely despise. Great hidden object scenes and puzzles, nice graphics, and a decent length that makes you feel like you got your money's worth. Plus, the bonus content was lengthy and contributed to the storyline. I really liked this one.

Edited on 12/27/2010 at 12:43:02 AM PST

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Dec 29, 10 10:16 AM
When this game was first released it took alot of heat from us. During our recent IHOG decline, I decided to buy it. I'm glad I did..l.love this game!
SnowMeow (Calif.).... raining today!

Edited on 12/29/2010 at 10:19:25 AM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 9, 11 12:40 PM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is HOG, IHOG and adventure. There are some items which are dark. The hints are rechargeable and infinite. There is a penalty for misclicking as there are achievements for not misclicking and using hints. There are minigames which are rather simple but are skippable. The music is rather nerveracking after a bit. This is a "scary" game so not my cup of tea, but it was fun.

This game is an A-.

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Jan 15, 11 2:18 PM
The Problem is WE are spoiled YEP we are LOL

This is a GOOD game not the best graphics the HOG scenes are kind of dark
UGGG and junk pile ...but with all that it is a LONG game and kept me busy awhile I
tell you, so I am a happy camper.

There are better games out there but and a big BUT if you are lost in a game
and it drags you in so you don't want to quit, HEY works for me LOL.
This is one of those games you just want to find out what happens

Happy Gaming People

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 16, 11 12:43 PM
Partial quote;
"If the h0 scenes had been a little better, and the objects easier to find, or even if there was a faster hint recharge, I might have really liked this one, but otherwise it is like a lot of other spooky iHogs out there, and I don't see it being a Collector's Edition money-spending enterprise. Maybe a SE some time down the road when I get paid or have a few credits or coupons to use. Because I really would like to see what happens. "

There have been so many complaints about the length of games or lack thereof that I believe that making grainy, junpile h0s that take forever and are almost painful to play added to long load times and long hint recharges are the devs way of making us think the gameplay is longer. Isn't is amazing how clear the graphics were in the screens outside of the h0s? I played the full hour and shoud have gotten farther than I did. If it weren't for all the above ploys I believe I would have. Think I'll try the SE and see if it is worth buying that one.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 1, 11 5:06 PM
We are undergoing a huge blizzard in Oklahoma and I needed a good game to play while we are homebound for several days!!!! I had purchased this game when it was originally offerred, played a little and totally forgot I had it in my game manager. I am so glad I found it, tried it again, and I'm happy to have something to occupy my snowed-in self. The graphics are fantastic and the game play is very intricate. I'm having to use the hint button a lot and hope I will get more intuitive as the game progresses.

I'm not having any type of technical difficulties, but as usual I find the "in-game" SG more confusing than a walkthrough would be. I'm just going to wing it so to speak since I'm having total confusion with the guide.

Thanks BF for another great game to occupy my time. I'm just praying now that we don't have a power outage.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Mar 7, 11 12:50 PM
I've just completed playing the game on my Mac, I didn't experience any problems. The Hidden Object Puzzles were fuzzy and dark ... made it difficult to find the items ... found myself using the "hint" button a lot. The puzzles were interesting and challenging enough ... I don't think I used the Strategy Guide at all. The only frustrating thing I found was that it wasn't clear what I should be looking for next or where to look for it. There's a lot of different areas opened up as the story unfolds ... thank goodness for the "hint" button again ... I found myself relying on it too much to keep me pointed in the right direction. It was a good game and I'm glad I purchased the CE Edition. Perhaps without the help in the CE the game might have been impossible.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Mar 7, 11 6:52 PM
Now I've just finished the "Extra Game Play" in he CE Edition. If you think the game is eerie and scary ... be prepared for more in the "Extra" Either I was lazy or just trying to get through with the game ...but I found myself relying heavily on the "hint" and even resorted to the "Strategy Guide" to get through some of the difficult sections of the game. The game is good ... but I'm glad to be finished finally.

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Mar 26, 11 5:05 PM
One of the better HOG.

The hidden object scenes were challenging without being too difficult (remember to run the cursor around the entire screen to see where it changes to the hand - some items are hidden inside/behind others).

The mini games were varied and, again, engaging but not so difficult as to be frustrating.

The artwork was very good.

The story line was good. It's certainly possible to get through the game without the strategy guide but it was certainly convenient.

The bonus material was also well done and there was enough of it to make it worth the extra money.

The achievement badges give one a reason to play through the game again.

My two (minor) criticisms are:

The strategy guide did not remain at the last page viewed so each time it's closed, the player must choose a chapter and then flip through to find the correct page.

A few times the music/sounds were annoying because they were either too loud/overly dramatic or because I was slow in solving a puzzle and the repetition got to me

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 11:20:39 AM PST

[Post New]by pawsrb on Mar 31, 11 2:54 PM
Game is nice and interesting. The graphics are good in the game and horrible and I mean horrible in the **** scenes. You have to search so much because you can't tell whats what. This is not CE material either. Good game just save a few dollars and stick to the SE edition IMHO.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 23, 11 10:33 PM
I liked this game very much. Not perfect, but overall, very enjoyable.

Your Comments and Reviews for Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Edition

[Post New]by new_bellydancer on May 5, 11 7:27 PM
I enjoyed the Fear for sale. I don't believe in buying CE, mostly cause this games don't last me long enough to pay the extra money. However I did buy the regular game. I still finished fairly quickly without hints. That's pretty much the only problem I had with the game. However I'm a sucker for a ghost story. I would consider buying another Fear for Sale if one came out. Bring on the supernatural.

ladiedidee
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by ladiedidee on May 9, 11 3:16 AM
Graphics are not great but the game is fun and very very long. It is easy to play. Most games take me about 4 to 6 hours (using no hints). I have been playing this game for about 12 hours and I just opened a new area to play in. With 1 more gate to be open that I know of. It is well worth the $4.99 that it cost

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on May 26, 11 12:26 PM
This game was average -- nothing outstanding, nothing bad. The graphics in some of the hidden object scenes were dark and fuzzy. The hint button recharged fairly quickly and there was no penalty for over clicking. There was good interaction between the scenes which kept me interested in the story. I didn't see any bonus games like I'd expect from a CE. Some "fishies" complain about the sparkles. Frankly I like them! It may not be as challenging, but it makes a better game for me.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 5, 11 12:19 PM
I've got almost 20 minutes left on my free trial and I'm not sure I want to spend the money. It's not a bad game, though, not by half.

Good points:
- Deliciously creepy game
- Compelling backstory
- Fairly intuitive solutions

Bad points:
- Grainy graphics
- Confusing H0 lists
- Distracting sound effects and inappropriately suspenseful music (made me feel like someone was coming up behind me with a knife)

I really didn't care for the H0 parts at all. Some of the items I was looking for were, at least in my opinion, really unclear. For example, there was one that told me to look for an IV - I thought I was looking for an IV setup such as you would get in a hospital. Nope, it wanted a Roman number four! Another time I was told to find three letters; I assumed I was looking for envelopes, but it wanted letters of the alphabet. (Since other H0 puzzles in the same game had listed the letters I was supposed to find, I didn't realize at first what I was supposed to do.) The non-H0 puzzle were fine, but the H0s just really really bored me and made me wish my hint button would recharge faster.

On the whole, I feel like this would make a terrific mystery novel, but unless the game club offers it for $2.99 at some point, I probably won't buy it.

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 7:02 PM
Like the game, spooky...Nice for Halloween Nights,

hunny89
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by hunny89 on Nov 19, 11 9:40 PM
I bought this as a regular game in January of 2011. Why would any of us who did so then turn around and buy this at Collector's Edition price to only receive some bonus material? (because, face it, NO ONE buys a collector's edition for the wallpaper, music, or whatever the 3rd thing is...they buy it for the bonus material). Really, to try to make more money off of a regular game by adding this stuff a year later and re-releasing it seems...crass.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 14, 12 11:46 AM
This one is not as long and interesting to me as most CEs have been. The game does not have a widescreen option and the graphics are average, though somewhat dark in hue and the custom cursor was kind of clunky in my opinion. The music was rather annoying to me so I turned the sound down.

HOG scene were poorly done, the objects were tiny and some were misshapened and confusing because they resembled other objects, rather than those on the list… not fun. I normally don’t use the hint button during HOG scenes but I did in this game and the hint button takes way too long to recharge. . Loopy cursor penalty for too many missed clicks.. Also there are a lot of HOGs in this particular game.

The mini puzzles are the normal run-of-the- mill and are relatively easy… the skip option is available.

You can open the strategy guide while in game but it does not save the page you are at so you have to flip through all the pages of SG every time you open it. You can use the hint button to navigate your way around and it will tell you where you may want to go next.

It’s an OK game, not one I’ll want to replay.

Go to: