Toy Store – Basement

j4425
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Toy Store – Basement

[Post New]by j4425 on Jan 3, 09 10:56 PM
Thank you lizzek it worked now Im going insane trying to wack the trolls I can't get pass 80-85 some one please help I went to the well got the knife now i can't find anything else this game is makeing me NUTS !!!

VaNative
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by VaNative on Jan 4, 09 4:34 AM
j4425 wrote:Thank you lizzek it worked now Im going insane trying to wack the trolls I can't get pass 80-85 some one please help I went to the well got the knife now i can't find anything else this game is makeing me NUTS !!!
You use the knife to cut open the teddy bear and get the matches. Then...go back down the well and light bowl full of brush.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 4, 09 5:42 AM
j4425 wrote:Thank you lizzek it worked now Im going insane trying to wack the trolls I can't get pass 80-85 some one please help I went to the well got the knife now i can't find anything else this game is makeing me NUTS !!!
Most people just Skip the Whack a Troll.

Sharpen the dull knife on the grinding stone in the schoolhouse cellar.

Then in the Toy Store basement cut open the poor old teddy bear and get the matches.

You will need to get the rope from the dumbwaiter in the Gingerbread house.

Use the rope at the base of the well to climb down deeper in the well. There you will solve a puzzle on the door and then use the matches to light up the room.

Good luck and happy gaming!

[Post New]by macleod1 on Jan 5, 09 4:28 AM
I am having problems with the whack a thing puzzle. I have gotten over 100 multiple times but no coin shows up in the mouth. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

[Post New]by dakotadreamer on Jan 5, 09 9:40 AM
lizz your photobucket pics are a life saver! my only problem is that once i solve the telephone puzzle the game gives me an error message and boots me out... i just downloaded the game so the glitch should be fixed i thought

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Jan 5, 09 11:23 PM
macleod1 wrote:I am having problems with the whack a thing puzzle. I have gotten over 100 multiple times but no coin shows up in the mouth. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

When you get over 100 you need to whack a red one to get points taken away. You need exactly 100. Happy Gaming!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 6, 09 4:33 AM
dakotadreamer wrote:lizz your photobucket pics are a life saver! my only problem is that once i solve the telephone puzzle the game gives me an error message and boots me out... i just downloaded the game so the glitch should be fixed i thought
I'm glad the pictures helped. I hope Tech Support will be able to help you fix that problem and you can enjoy the rest of the game. Good luck!

[Post New]by piqjuv on Jan 7, 09 10:21 AM
[b]
thebury wrote:Thanks so much, Lizzie!!!! Finally!!

L2PG
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by L2PG on Jan 8, 09 11:03 AM
H_Potter wrote:THANK YOU!!!!

I was stuck on those stupid lights for HOURS. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Can anyone help with with the stove? My temp. reads "500" on my game (it is different each time), but when I put the gage there, nothing happens. Help.

Look on top of stove note red hot spots. Go to school (outside) match the hot spots with the image.

L2PG
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Toy Store – Basement

[Post New]by L2PG on Jan 8, 09 12:53 PM
bfgErie wrote:A teddy bear in chains begs for a closer inspection.
To discover his secret will require teddy bear dissection.

Figured that out, but cannot find anything to cut it with. Need to find a knife, but cannot find it. Help!

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 8, 09 5:00 PM
L2PG, after you released the bucket with the long stick, you had to go back outside to the well and crank up the bucket. That's where you'll find a dull knife. Take it to the schoolhouse cellar to sharpen it, then cut open the bear.

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Jan 8, 09 8:37 PM
j4425,
Only whack the trolls that are green or purple, and only those that come all the way up. Don't waste precious time on the ones that barely poke their heads out, and don't whack the red trolls, or points will be taken away. Hope this helps. Happy BFGaming!
M

[Post New]by macleod1 on Jan 9, 09 4:39 AM
Okay, talk about frustration. The Whack a Thing is driving me crazy. I have gotten over 100 many times, no coin, so went back and took off the extra numbers, that didn't work. Then I tried getting exactly 100, did that many times and still no coin. Do I have a quirky game or am I still doing something wrong?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jan 9, 09 8:49 AM
macleod1 wrote:Okay, talk about frustration. The Whack a Thing is driving me crazy. I have gotten over 100 many times, no coin, so went back and took off the extra numbers, that didn't work. Then I tried getting exactly 100, did that many times and still no coin. Do I have a quirky game or am I still doing something wrong?
Macleod, welcome to the Fish Pond. I think a couple of fish reported they had to get over 135 before they got the coin. Be sure you don't hit the red trolls, they subtract from the score. The coin appears in the mouth of the large troll on the back of the game board. I had to whack and whack a lot before I finally got the coin. Luckily, when I played a second time, I was able to skip the puzzle. Good Luck

[Post New]by bettyf on Jan 9, 09 4:33 PM
GEA33 wrote:MORE HELP!!! PLEASE!!

So I went down the rope and I can't go to the right because of the debris. I tried to go forward but its pitch black. I see a place or 2 to light kindling but do't know how to do it!! I have gasoline in a jar and the funnel but I am clueless to where to use it!!! If you know what to do just PM me ASAP PLEASE!!
where did you get gas for the jar

Edited on 01/09/2009 at 4:34:06 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 9, 09 4:41 PM
The gas is dripping in the schoolhouse cellar.

Edited on 01/09/2009 at 4:41:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Micc333 on Jan 11, 09 6:52 PM
ok so i have played the game and i should be working on the teddy bear but i have not found the knife. anybody know how you get it? I have sloved every item find puzzle and i dont know what to do. I have went throught every room, even in the garden and the different towns and graveyard and nothing. Any advice?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 11, 09 7:11 PM
After you release the bucket with the long stick (in the room next to the telephone), you have to go up through the house and back outside to the well, crank up the bucket, and you'll find the knife inside. You then take it to the schoolhouse cellar to sharpen it, then cut open the teddy bear.

[Post New]by Micc333 on Jan 11, 09 7:17 PM
ok thanks ..how do you get the telephone working so the door opens?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jan 11, 09 7:21 PM
It depends on what you've done so far and where you are now. I suggest you read the following post about the telephone:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/12814.page

There's also a tips and tricks thread on page 1 of this forum, and a walkthrough by Doobiebear that I believe is on page 6 or 8 right now.

Have fun.

Go to: