scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 29, 10 11:33 PM
I don't find it odd at all that the more expensive CE version demo'd beautifully while the less expensive SE version is a sloooooow annoying piece of junk that no one seems to be much in a hurry to fix. Do they think if the SE is problematic we'll just shrug & pay more for the CE? Um, no. But TYVM for trying to manipulate ppl into the more expensive purchase by failing to address the serious tech issues that render the SE version virtually unplayable.

It took me 20 min & at least half a dozen exits to main menu just to clear the slow-mo HOs from the trunk out of my way & this is after I shut off the custom cursor. Turning that off did not seem to make a lick of difference in speed. Then another 5 to pick up a piece of newspaper & have it drop into inventory. I shudder to think how slow it would've run once inside w/ the musical tentacles as that bit was a tad slower even in the CE version. It was practically to a grinding halt just finding HOs & picking up inventory objects as it was. In the middle of the trunk scene I had a Microsfot popup advising me I was low on memory & to close IE. Well, the only IE connection that was open was the one needed to demo the game. So basically the game itself was sucking resources & my poor pc was strugglng just to function while I was attempting to play it.

This thing needs a total rebuild b/c you're not playing it, you're sitting & watching cameras float down 4ever while your cursor stutters & jerks. O & it exploded not b/c I had too many misclicks, but b/c I had too many clicks, period. There were 16 HOs to find in the trunk & I hit 7 of them one after the other. When I clicked the 8th one is when the cursor exploded & it got even slower, which I didn't think was possible! You do have lots of time to eyeball the scene when the objects are leaving at the speed of dirt. And here I thought b/c I played the CE demo I might get further into the game than finding Tim under the Neptune rm b/c I'd remember what was where & where to go & move faster.....HA! Joke's on me.

I have credits coming out of my ears b/c everytime there's a good game it is a tech nightmare. I'd quit if I could find anything to buy that actually works.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 30, 10 12:15 AM
OK BFGs tactics on tech issues is just total BS & I'm getting sick of it. I knew it had to be a widespread issue when I saw the # of tech pgs v the # of comments & reviews pgs. But it seems as if this is the THIRD tech thread in this forum! WTF? Mods just keep locking them so that they sink & the issue doesn't look as bad as it is. That's manipulative, deceptive, & just plain cowardly IMHO. BFG released a game that technically sucks. Man up to it & let ppl know about it, don't try to keep hiding it! BFG ought to be ashamed of itself w/ this nonsense. The tech issues don't go away b/c a mod has a lock. Obvs there are still many ppl impatiently waiting on a fix & not getting it.

I'm not waiting, I'll just go get the game elsewhere. BFG doesn't deserve my $ when this is how they act when as prob arises, & this is far from the 1st time it's been swept under the rug. That's all they know how to do, sweep it under the rug & hand out coupons so ppl will rah rah about great CS. Great CS would do something about a problem, not shrug & hand out coupons. What good are coupons when all the games you like are tech nightmares that never get fixed? I'm lousy w/ coupons & credits. Pffft.

LizzyS69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by LizzyS69 on Nov 30, 10 2:19 AM
Ok, disabling AVG has worked for me too but as others have said I don't like the idea of having to do this to play the game!!

Shastac2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by Shastac2 on Nov 30, 10 2:28 AM
Same problem here!

JosieB5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by JosieB5 on Nov 30, 10 2:54 AM
I have the same problems as most people here: floating cursor & slow motion. I tried disabling the custom cursor & messing with the hardware acceleration but nothing has altered.

I played the CE Demo with NO PROBLEM - how can that be? I went right ahead and Purchased without Trying it as it seemed a great game. I wish I hadn't.

This is the third game I've had this problem with.

I don't WANT a refund/credit note. I want a game that works without me having to mess around. The Reincarnation game I finally had to buy in the supermarket worked so why doesn't it work when downloaded. It makes no sense

zonnegroet
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by zonnegroet on Nov 30, 10 2:56 AM
The demo of this game worked fine. When I bought it however, I can't play anymore. Can't even get in, the moment I started the game, the cursor is so slow nothing happens.
I can't play.
When will you provide a fix?

[Post New]by ladysarajane on Nov 30, 10 5:21 AM
I am not sure why AVG is interfering with the game on my computer(game loads but is slow in moving and cursor is floating). But disabling AVG allows the game to run normally.

Scanned the game files with AVG and nothing showed. I sent in contact form regarding the problem and my short term solution. I suggest to others to also send in contact forms regarding this, so tech support can try to accumulate data and find a permanent fix for it.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 5:22:24 AM PST

[Post New]by MichelleA1 on Nov 30, 10 5:27 AM
I played the game fine but when i came to play yesterday the game started but the window did not appear?? Tried again today still the same have uninstalled the game but still will not open but acts like it is playing, get message unable to start another game is running.

Michelle

[Post New]by chrisscheib on Nov 30, 10 5:34 AM
game wont load!! agh!

amamused
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by amamused on Nov 30, 10 7:45 AM
I don't use AVG as virus protection?? So would all anti virus protection programs cause this problem? Same issue here. Custom cursor is floaty and objects take forever to remove from the scenes. I have downloaded the demo on two different computers. One uses XP the other is a Vista. Neither one works properly. I hope they do manage to get a fix for this as I was patiently waiting for the SE version of this game.

JosieB5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by JosieB5 on Nov 30, 10 7:47 AM
I tried someone's suggestion of turning off AVG and THAT WORKS but it will only allow it for a maximum of 15 minutes.

Obviously DON'T DO THIS WHILE ONLINE!!!!!

I tried adding bfg files to AVG exception lists & switching it back on again but it didn't work.

Anyone else got any more bright ideas? We really shouldn't have to do all this!

MarjoryM
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by MarjoryM on Nov 30, 10 8:48 AM
I wanted to try the game since I don't usually have problems but I played the demo for less than 5 minutes. Couldn't finish the 1st **** scene as the cursor wouldn't respond and the objects I found ever so slowly floated off screen

I was going through the comments in forum and the comments about deleting a log file in the Beta folder caught my eye. I'm a software developer and BETA means it's NOT ready for general use (as in beta testing). I'm really amazed that folder name would still be in a GA version of software.

I guess I'll have to wait until the beta testing is over & they post a fix. I really wanted to try this as the lead in driving down the road was spooky great!

Re: S l o w . . . buyer beware!

[Post New]by AzredheadedBrat on Nov 30, 10 9:39 AM
Oh man! I have literally never had so many problems with a game before in my life. Honestly, thats saying a lot. (I'm a closet addict). The makers of this game need to do a major overhaul and get this back to us ASAP or let's see the cash.

I'm so disappointed because the demo ran beautifully and the graphics were awesome. I wanna play! *grumble

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Nov 30, 10 10:12 AM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:I don't find it odd at all that the more expensive CE version demo'd beautifully while the less expensive SE version is a sloooooow annoying piece of junk that no one seems to be much in a hurry to fix. Do they think if the SE is problematic we'll just shrug & pay more for the CE? Um, no. But TYVM for trying to manipulate ppl into the more expensive purchase by failing to address the serious tech issues that render the SE version virtually unplayable.

This thing needs a total rebuild b/c you're not playing it, you're sitting & watching cameras float down 4ever while your cursor stutters & jerks.

Scarlett this game needs a total overhaul - CE and SE... After reading the reviews here I decided to try the CE and found the opening screen took soooo long in allowing me to even enter my name (which I never got to do) that I had to use Ctrl, Alt. Delete to get out. I immediately deleted the game and have no desire to try the SE.
Don't know if the game would have been any good but 5 to the developers and BF for releasing this game in such poor condition.

Happy gaming fellow fishies.

[Post New]by Jeanne70 on Nov 30, 10 10:51 AM
Too Slow!!!! It takes a half an hour just to do a hidden object game because it moves sooooo slow...PLEASE FIX!!!

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 30, 10 10:57 AM
Posted Nov. 30/10 at 9:11AM in "Are they planning to fix this game, or not?" thread:
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that this game has been escalated and if there is an update, we will post in the Game Forum first. Thank you for your patience while we work with the developer to get this resolved. If you have any further questions about this purchase, feel free to contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Thought I would copy to here in case anyone else is wondering if/when there will be a fix. I'm not holding my breath.... But it is nice to see that BFG has finally escalated this game issue since it is so widespread. Maybe mods can also keep us updated here in the tech issues thread, thanks.

[Post New]by SophiePuzzle on Nov 30, 10 11:09 AM
Thanks Leonardbaby you saved the day. Pity CS or mods did not give this advice sooner would have saved me 24hrs of agony.

were not so quick
leonardbaby wrote:This solved my issue of game not loading after I had played successfully and went to play again. Here is what customer service had me do and it worked for me on Vista Home Premium 64x.

Click on: Start, Computer, Organize, Folder and Search Options, View (make sure "show hidden files and folders" is checked), Apply, Okay, "User Name" Folder, AppData Folder, Roaming Folder, ERS Game Studios Folder, Haunted Halls Folder, Beta Folder, delete Log HTML file.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Nov 30, 10 11:40 AM
I'm glad to hear there's a solution to the floating, uncontrolable cursor and freezing, but you know, I don't want to reconfigure my computer with every new game. This is a no-buy for me - one of the few CEs turned regular mode that I don't own.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 30, 10 11:47 AM
gaylele wrote:If the demo worked okay for you but wouldn't load when you purchased it, you might try this:

Click on: Start, Computer, Organize, Folder and Search Options, View (make sure "show hidden files and folders" is checked), Apply, Okay, "User Name" Folder, AppData Folder, Roaming Folder, ERS Game Studios Folder, Haunted Halls Folder, Beta Folder, delete Log HTML file.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, and so far everything is working......

UPDATE: It was only a temporary fix! After I shut down my computer for the night, I had the same problems the next day! I had to blow off the HTML file again before I got to resume playing. I finally got to the end, but won't attempt to play again until there is a real fix. Complained to BFG Customer Service and got a credit for another game.

Kathyju77
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Kathyju77 on Nov 30, 10 12:20 PM
I played most of the trial w/o a problem but now that I have bought it when I went to play again it doesn't play at all just shows error message and to restart pc which didn't help.
Bummer! I really like this game

Go to: