serbmama
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition

[Post New]by serbmama on Dec 18, 10 2:39 AM
I've downloaded the trial version of this game repeatedly (and I do mean REPEATEDLY), each time it installed just fine but for the life of me I couldn't get it to play. It's a pity really because it looks like it would be a really good game Guess I won't be buying this one either.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades Collector's Edition

[Post New]by folkdance on Dec 18, 10 7:12 AM
I've had the game a couple days. Yesterday I had trouble getting the game to open but eventually it did. Today it will not open. The game manager blinks a couple times, the screen might go black for an instant, but it always brings me right back to the game manager. I have tried opening it from three different locations and get the same result every time.

[Post New]by pokey143 on Dec 18, 10 11:39 AM
I have complained on several occasions that I did not like a certain game and big fish gave me a new credit for another game,,,,, now this is not the same issue here, I love this game and will replay it time and again... you all get a five star rating from me this time....

pokey

[Post New]by culigrill on Dec 18, 10 2:56 PM
While I loved playing the game and the bonus, it wasn't worth the money to purchase since I finished in a little under 9 hours. I got all the 52 cards easily. Didn't like the back and forth without any real clues to point you back; in fact, the bonus especially didn't have any. Good game for a quickie but wish I hadn't bought. At least it was on sale at $13.99.

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Dec 18, 10 9:50 PM
My thoughts parrot some of the ones already posted except how my cat decided to throw up in the hallway when I was 47 minutes into the demo BUT....
1} I forgot what recent game opened with almost exactly the same scene - standing on a road outside a cast iron gate.
2} I got tired of running all over the place hunting and pecking. Even after 1/2 hour it seemed I'd done a lot of wandering and yet nothing had really happened yet. I don't mind games in which you collect a lot of things in your inventory and then discover where to use them eventually, but there were several places where I had items in my inventory that, "logically" would have done the task I needed to do. When I ended the demo I was seriously wondering if I'd hit a glitch and my game stopped working because I wasn't able to do anything more, had no place new to explore and couldn't find anything else.
3} I thought the hidden object games a bit too easy
4} The puzzles had no instructions which is a pet peeve with me, especially if you first have to find things that go in them and let you play. The graphics were really nice on these!
The big wind-up! I'm passing on this game, or at least waiting until the regular version comes out. I just don't see where it's worth the extra money and it didn't grab me in any way so that I wanted to keep playing. Also in that decision is that a several here said the Bonus game play was short-ish (it's so great to read reviews here!)
I agree with others that it really wouldn't kill the creators of these games to give you the Strategy Guide with the demo (or even a "lite" skeleton verion of THE strategy guide.) If the Strategy Guide is part of what you're asking the extra money for, then it's part of the game. There is usually going to be some site somewhere that has a walk through, for free, just about the second a game comes out. So asking people to pay $9.99 or $6.99 for the regular game vs. $13.99 for the CE ought to inspire those in charge to throw an extra bone to the buyer and make it worth putting out that extra $.
How about making the demos for CEs 75 minutes long instead of an hour? If it's worth the extra money and it's a 'first chance' to buy a game, then convince us!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and thank you all for the company you've given me since I found you!

blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Dec 19, 10 6:13 AM
I really enjoyed this game,it has great graphics and is fun to play I also liked the music and it does not have irritating characters like a current release has.

catsrobe
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by catsrobe on Dec 19, 10 7:25 PM
I finished this game. It was probably one of the best games I've ever bought from Big Fish! I loved it! I like that the strategy guide was built into the game. I did have to "cheat" a few times to get through some of the tough spots. I bought the Collector's Edition so I got to play the bonus game at the end. I wish the game was longer. I've become obsessed with these hidden object/adventure games. I'm going to have to restrain myself or I'll go broke!

Those who haven't tried this game are missing a really good time. Try it! To those who are already playing the game, have fun!

[Post New]by rubykadog on Dec 20, 10 10:33 AM
Great game!! After trial ran out, had to buy it! Graphics were incredible. Hated that I beat it so soon....didn't want it too end!! LOL!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 20, 10 11:04 AM
I took my time playing and had an absolute blast. Never encountered any tech problems or anything. Game played smoothly for me and it kept my attention. Definately my kind of game. Now comes the patience for the sequel release.

nheyen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by nheyen on Dec 21, 10 9:56 AM
I need the Walkthrough for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades. I can't find how to get to it. Nell

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Dec 21, 10 3:30 PM
by nheyen on December 21, 9:56 AM
I need the Walkthrough for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades. I can't find how to get to it. Nell

When you bought the CE a "walk through" is part of the game. Look at the bottom of the screen [in the area where your card tally is kept] you will see "Strategy Guide"....click on it and it gives a detailed what-to-do and where-to-go, and what to collect where........this should help.......

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Dec 22, 10 12:11 AM
folkdance wrote:I've had the game a couple days. Yesterday I had trouble getting the game to open but eventually it did. Today it will not open. The game manager blinks a couple times, the screen might go black for an instant, but it always brings me right back to the game manager. I have tried opening it from three different locations and get the same result every time.

If you still can't get it to work:
Have you tried redownloading the game manager? If not try, and if that doesn't work, contact support, they are really nice and will help you as much as they can.

lunachan

fish4game
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by fish4game on Dec 22, 10 6:15 AM
The game is good.

I loved the start video, as in every ERS game. The game story is well understandable and it hooked me. The art is clear and high quality.

But there is too much of scenes, the game play is so separately, I need to go through 4-5 scenes to find an object and then go back to use it.
I just feel lost because of this.
Too slow for me...

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Dec 22, 10 6:16 AM
I really enjoyed the demo, and will definitely be buying the game. Unfortunately I have to make myself wait till after the New Year, as I've already clocked up the six needed for my punchcard this month. How frustrating!

[Post New]by PlayFirstGames on Dec 22, 10 6:49 AM
Hello members! Please answer me a few questions:

- Is this a new game, first one in the series or there is a first part before this? I would like to play from the beginning.
- Secondly, would like to know between which ages is this game recommended. I would like to see on the game's description this particular detail. My nephew would like to play this but I doubt he's older enough not to be scared or to play this.

Thanks to any one who can answer.
Yours faithfully,
Erik

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Dec 22, 10 6:08 PM
Another beautifully done and executed game in the spirit of Puppet Show, The Black Cat, and Redemption Cemetary. I loved the artwork and music. This is a bit more grim and scary than the other games in the series from the same studio. I've really enjoyed these games and give them top ratings, I just hope that they don't become too graphic or gory in the future; that would ruin it for me.

BTW I love the haunted house scenarios! Keep them coming and I'll keep buying them.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Dec 22, 10 6:58 PM
PlayFirstGames wrote:Hello members! Please answer me a few questions:

- Is this a new game, first one in the series or there is a first part before this? I would like to play from the beginning.
- Secondly, would like to know between which ages is this game recommended. I would like to see on the game's description this particular detail. My nephew would like to play this but I doubt he's older enough not to be scared or to play this.

Thanks to any one who can answer.
Yours faithfully,
Erik

Hi Erik and welcome to the forums! As far as I know, this is the first game in this particular series from ERS Game Studios.
My nephew is 8 yrs. old and I wouldn't recommend him playing it. It is a 'darker' game!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 22, 10 7:49 PM
I haven't finished this game yet but so far not too gory for me. But if you like ghost stories the other, Mortlake Manor was a lot of fun for less advanced players. It has a very useful wonderful map to click on showing you what rooms have a task to do, others possible if you did something somewhere first. You don't have to follow arrows to get around, just click the map and you're there. Not too hard (on Easy) not too easy with sparkles to take away the fun. HOGs medium difficulty that take some time. I'd suggest Mortlake if a kid likes scary ghost stories and haunted houses but may need some adult guidance working the tasks. The puzzles even I could do most of them and that is usually my handicap, but click Hint and get clear instructions what to do, or hit Skip, then you still get the item from it.

This game with adult supervision may be ok if the kid just helps look for the 52 cards. So far I've seen two dead bodies but not gory, just have to find the clue maybe left in a pocket or something, part of the story. Or one of the cards you want to find for later doing the bonus. Both games are top quality as far as graphics.

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 7:53:49 PM PST

[Post New]by katiescott55 on Dec 25, 10 12:16 PM
Sorry, I didn't like this game. I had lots of problems with it freezing and then having the save file be corrupted and had to start over several times, which is boring and annoying. After I deleted and re-installed it was better, but it still froze quite a bit. All that aside, I sort of enjoyed it. The graphics were fine, the story ok, but I got a bit bored with the back and forth. I don't know; maybe I'm done with HOGs.
3 stars

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Dec 26, 10 8:23 AM
I really, really enjoyed this game and bought it for myself as a Christmas present It is the second CE I have treated myself to (the other being Phantom) and IMO well worth the money. It took me about 4.5 hrs to play the game and I still have the bonus play to play. After a busy day yesterday I spent all afternoon playing in bed to chill out and had a lovely time.

Great graphics, good music and some great gameplay. I did skip a couple of puzzles due to frustration and wanting to get on with the story but will do them all when I replay. I am glad I got the CE as it gave me some well needed time out for Boxing Day, and besides - I'm worth it

4/5 from me.

Go to: