Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by Seester2 on Feb 11, 11 6:17 PM
Beautiful graphics, good length, and challenging puzzles. I really liked this one!

[Post New]by pamelaleigh on Feb 12, 11 8:43 AM
Drove me mad at first trying to decifer what to do, but eventually it all began to fall into place. I was really sad when I finally finished the game, the ingenuity of it was wonderful. Extremely well put together and gratifying to play. Graphics etc was wonderful, loved the little dragon. Will play it again under another name, this time I will be on the ball knowing what is ahead of me. Thank you for best game I have ever played.

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on Feb 14, 11 8:51 AM
I have just finished the game and must add my praise for this game to that of the many others.
The graphics were beautiful, the storyline fine and the difficulty was pitched just right although I found myself clicking on the hint fairy more than normal as she seemed so pleased to have me want to use a hint.
I am also a fan of the pocket dragon. So useful and imagine the surprise on peoples faces when you light their cigarettes with your personal tiny dragon.
Anyway, I bought this game solely on peoples reviews and I am so glad I did.
Keep on reviewing fishes, you are all so useful.
Gonna buy the earlier now

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 8:52:35 AM PST

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Feb 19, 11 5:31 AM
I sat up till 1 o'clock this morning despite having flu just to finish this beautiful enchanting uplifting game. The art work is a delight. I love the story and the way it unfolds. I love the games and the way everything comes together. I'm going to play it again soon. Highly recommended

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Feb 19, 11 3:54 PM
Overall Impression: an absolutely gorgeous IHOG/Adventure that really captures the essence of a fairy tale

Media Description: The graphics are stunningly beautiful and really make you feel like you've stepped into the middle of a fairy tale - from the color palette to the designs themselves, not a mistep anywhere. The voiceovers work well with the cutscenes. The music serves to enhance the mood of the game and doesn't distract from it.

Storyline: flows well and develops smoothly with the use of voiced over cutscenes and dialogue boxes that can be skipped if the player wants. The ending might not have been completely satisfying, but at least it didn't spring on you out of nowhere.

Gameplay: was standard fare for the IHOG/Adventure blend. There were two levels of difficulty. In the easier level, there was some handholding with sparklies for search scenes as well as comments that point you in the right direction when you click on some of the objects. I have no idea how much help was given in the harder level. Most of the game though was pretty intuitive, making the handholding rather unnecessary.

HOG Scenes: junkpilish, but not too difficult. The penalty for too many misclicks was simply losing control of the cursor for a few seconds.

Minigames/puzzles: were integrated into the storyline pretty well. None of them were extremely difficult; all could be skipped after a bit.

Hints: were unlimited and refilled within a reasonable amount of time. They could also be used to help you with a minigame or puzzle.

Will Probably Appeal to: those who like IHOG/Adventure blends and light fairy tales

Will Probably Not Appeal to: those who prefer straight HOGs

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Feb 25, 11 1:33 AM
dvdiva wrote:Hi Indigo! Glad you enjoyed the game! I loved it too.

The first game in the series is titled "Awakening: The Dreamless Castle". You can get the game here at BFG:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7382/awakening-the-dreamless-castle/index.html

Enjoy!

Aloha ~ yes, thanks, I went and found it, bought it and liked playing it too! Although I liked Awakening:Moonfell Wood more. Can't wait for the next chapter in this saga to continue!

Johny_d
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Johny_d on Mar 4, 11 7:28 AM
Seester2 wrote:Beautiful graphics, good length, and challenging puzzles. I really liked this one!

Agree, everyone must play it

lstockdale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by lstockdale on Mar 7, 11 11:28 PM
Absolutely delightful! Well worth the $$. Length is great; I would love to just go on and on with it. The scenes are very well drawn and pull you into it. The puzzles were original, for the most part. Six stars out of five! Very well done!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Mar 28, 11 10:46 AM
As much as I love the first the game I thought the sequel was absolutely brillant. I throughly enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Roshaa
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Roshaa on Mar 30, 11 7:31 AM
There are lots of good looking HOGs to be found. Sometimes I can't even tell them apart anymore because the story and the graphics are so similar.
This one stuck out for me because it was much longer than most, there were plenty of interesting puzzles, the hand drawn graphics were sweet, and there was a really developing story. Didn't get bored for a minute.

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 7:32:29 AM PST

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Apr 13, 11 12:09 AM
I am not a HOG fan. I enjoy playing them on occasion but I tend to purchase more Time Management games. That said, I loved this game. It was very fun to play. The puzzles for the most part were very simple. I loved how just when you thought you were almost done, you ended up in a new section.
I do hope they have another Awakening game. I certainly will purchase it. I bought both of them mostly due to playing the Awakening: Moonfell Wood trial. Great games!

[Post New]by sedatedwoman on Apr 21, 11 1:29 AM
BUMMER!!! After reading the great reviews I downloaded the trial and the screen is white!! This has happened to several games.....I even downloaded FF and tried it on there...no luck! I really wanted to play this one!! I've also done everyting on the HELP menu to no avail!! CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 26, 11 9:38 PM
Well...I am kinda late to the party here, but what a wonderful game...The diverse mini games and different goals are great...I even love the music...very addicting and relaxing at the same time

[Post New]by BrideyFearn on May 1, 11 2:24 PM
After all kinds of issues that kept me from the computer for MONTHS, I finally got back to it and caught up on games.

I loved the The Dreamless Castle, but Moonfell Wood went on far too long and with no resolution. I don't have a lot of time for games, and when I play, I want a beginning, a middle and an end.

Once again, I have to look forward to a long trek.

I, personally, don't like to play dark games on a regular basis. This was a nice mix of dark and light, but it seemed endless and I was very glad to get to the end of it. I ended up skipping most of the puzzles in the root chamber area because I was so tired of it.

Can't there be a game with some FUN?

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Beautiful game

[Post New]by chickenjools on May 3, 11 7:17 AM
This was a lovely relaxing game to play. It was nice to have a magical, dreamy storyline instead of the glut of dark and scary games that have emerged recently. The scenery is beautiful and the game play is fairly straightforward. The puzzles are for the most part simple and fun. I decided early on to just relax and enjoy this game so I didn't use the walkthrough at all and only skipped one puzzle. It was a sliding tile puzzle and I don't like them. There weren't many hidden object scenes, which is good for me as I can get impatient with them, especially the dark, obscure, completely unrecognisable objects that appear in some games. These hidden objects were simply hidden - no cheating on the part of the developer! My game time was nearly 6 hours but as I've already said I did all the puzzles except one and I didn't use the walkthrough or hints. I'm going to buy th dreamless castle now. I hope its as good!

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on May 4, 11 6:36 PM

I basically liked this game: The game was pleasant, colorful. Tinkerbell was cute!
But enough with the sparkles, already! Also it seemed there was one puzzle after another. I think this is a no-buy for me.

badger

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on May 4, 11 6:39 PM

I basically liked this game: The game was pleasant, colorful. Tinkerbell was cute!
But enough with the sparkles, already! Also it seemed there was one puzzle after another. I think this is a no-buy for me.

badger

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 14, 11 4:52 PM
This is a WOW of a game..........LOVED it. The graphics were absolutely awesome and the music was very pleasant and soothing. The puzzles were varied, fun and I only skipped one, the sliding tiles which I never can seem to do. The HOG's were bright and not difficult. The hint Fairy was helpful and if you clicked on the arrow on the lower left, she gave you an additional hint. The scenes were so well designed that I had no worries about getting lost. But there were many lovely scenes with lots and lots of things to do. This game is even better than the first one and I'll definitely be buying the next one...can hardly wait. The game tells you how long it took to play and mine said 9:46:51. Enjoy Fishies and thanks BFG for the delightful hours.

Pantheria
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Pantheria on May 21, 11 1:28 PM
Absolutely wonderful game. I loved it and it's predecessor Awakening: Dreamless Castle. I enjoyed the lightness and the music. Quite relaxing yet far from boring. The mini games and graphics are great. I sure hope there will be more to this series.

Pantheria

Linny394
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Linny394 on May 22, 11 4:56 PM
Pantheria wrote: Absolutely wonderful game. I loved it and it's predecessor Awakening: Dreamless Castle. I enjoyed the lightness and the music. Quite relaxing yet far from boring. The mini games and graphics are great. I sure hope there will be more to this series.

Pantheria

Number three, The Goblin Kingdom, is up next but there hasn't been a release date yet.

Go to: