Hoglvr
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Hoglvr on Mar 27, 11 3:16 PM
Just finished game, must say I really enjoyed it. The scenes and the colors this was first class all the way. I can't wait for a new game by Blue Tea to come out.

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jjj13 on Mar 31, 11 10:32 AM
Realise lots of you liked this game but on the whole I did not. Thought the grapics and story were great but found the puzzles repetitive and the constant FROG scenes boring (meaning about half way through I just wanted to get to the end). Wish I had waited to buy SE version, but that's life!

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Apr 1, 11 4:41 PM
Nice game and good story but not worth being CE - I found it short ..the extra game time was over and done with in a half hour ....really disappointing CE - should have got the SE instead...nice game though..

[Post New]by JustagirlWI on Apr 1, 11 9:41 PM
Loved it! I like that it lasted, I love the graphics and the story. Can't wait for 3 to come out!

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Apr 3, 11 7:50 AM
I enjoyed the game very much, the graphics were wonderful

[Post New]by ElphabaRules on Apr 4, 11 5:17 PM
Loved this game!!! Can't wait till the next Dark Parable game comes out!! Does anyone know when?

Grimhild
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Grimhild on Apr 21, 11 10:47 AM
I enjoyed the artwork and wanted to keep moving through the game in order to see what the next location looked like. And looking for the morphing objects made me not mind so much when I had to go running back and forth through locations, which usually annoys me.

My pet peeve is being forced to pick through someone's rubbish heap in order to find 1 item. In many games the items I was asked to find have no bearing on the game at all. BUT in this game I searched for pieces of a necessary item, which kept it from being irritating. I liked the mini-games, too.

I originally bought this game in the regular edition, but liked it so much I switched up to the collector's edition. I'm looking forward to the next Dark Parables game.

[Post New]by pswift11 on Apr 23, 11 2:42 PM
[b] OMG! THE EXILED PRINCE (DARK PARABLES) LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE! BOUGHT IT WITHOUT PLAYING DEMO...A *MUST PLAY, THX'S BIG FISH.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 23, 11 10:21 PM
Excellent game - liked everything about it - and look forward to playing it in HARD mode.

Tugboat62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Tugboat62 on May 3, 11 4:15 AM
I loved this game. The SG was helpful when I got stuck, which was often. I was saddened that it ended but will have a go at the hard mode. It kept my interest throughout and I would recommend it to anyone. What other games can people recommend?

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jul 2, 11 12:05 AM
This was one of several games I downloaded from BF - trial versions only, that is - and is one of the only ones that I was determined to purchase. Everything about it has just been amazing, in my opinion. I also want Briar Rose, but this was the one that I was dying to know how it ended. I'm only maybe halfway through. The graphics are stunning, the puzzles are good, the music and sound effects are very engaging, the voice acting is high quality, and just everything about it captures my imagination. Full marks to the makers! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got four more tiaras to assemble...

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 16, 11 1:54 AM
Bought it when it was issued and replayed it today "Hard Mode", no hints, no skip button. The story is slightly different and longer.

This is a grand game, five out of five.

[Post New]by cyloseli on Aug 14, 11 7:15 PM
These games are awesome I played the first on HP games and had to sign up for BFG too, just to play the second game. Now I can't wait for the third game any idea when it's coming out? I sure hope this series continues for a couple more games they have awesome background pictures and music( and yeah it's slow/boring but it is a seeking game not an action game but totally worth your wait) 5 1/2 Big Fish out of 5!!!! Yeah, it's that good!

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Sep 29, 11 12:03 AM
I replayed this game again yesterday and remembered how much I really liked it. I think it is well worth it as a CE. You have to like fragment hunting, but if you do you will love this game. The graphics are absolutely beautiful. Loved all the fairy tale scenes and locations. Some **** scenes are quite a challenge which I love. I found this to be quite a long game. Forgot to time it but it took hours and hours on hard mode. Only drawback I see is there is some repeat of **** scenes several times but for different items and some may not care for that. The bonus play is a good length and sets up a third story which I can't wait for!

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Oct 7, 11 5:35 PM
Had 13 minutes left on the demo and I had to buy it ! Wanted to wait for the SE , but the demo hooked me in. Love the graphics ! I'm getting back to it now

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 4, 12 3:48 PM
Review after finishing the game:

The Good:

+ fractured objects!
+ map
+ very good graphics
+ Spin on the classic Brothers Grimm story...
+ ...that also touched other fairy tales a bit
+ very decent game length

The Neutral:

o the spider (not big) that came back time and time again was quite unnecessary
o like the first game, morphing objects didn't really serve much of a purpose other than refilling your hints faster
o some backtracking - although your map tells you where to go

The Bad:

- some of those fractured objects were REALLY hard to find
- some riddles were more trial and error than thinking

Bonus Content:

The bonus content sets up the third game in the series, Rise of the Snow Queen. I found it a bit harder than the regular game, but was finished in about 45 minutes. The rest - as usual - is nothing to write home about.

Bottom Line: If you are into Frogs this one is a must buy.

[Post New]by Readwritelove on Jan 22, 12 7:18 AM
Absolutely gorgeous and a real pleasure to play. One tiny quibble: I didn't enjoy finding pieces of items. Are all the dark parables games like that? would have much preferred finding items, this really strained my eyes and patience.

Bring on the snow queen!

[Post New]by Nebride on Jan 24, 12 7:31 PM
Loved this one! The hidden scenes were good, the puzzles were good and the scenes really gorgeous.

Hard Mode?

[Post New]by bumblegirl99 on Aug 12, 12 2:01 PM
I thought I hadn't turned the hard mode on! It seemed I had but it all it meant was the hint button was turned off - I mean, why would you need the hint button in the first place? There is so much 'hand-holding' it's ridiculous, I wanted a button so I can switch the text off completely. It's hard not to look at the text too so I was thinking of cutting some cardboard out and attaching it over the top part of the screen !

This is the third game I've bought recently that offers absoloutely no challenge whatsoever, yes I know some people want an easy-going amble through a game and just appreciate the nice scenery (and the art-work in this, like most, is lovely) but there are plenty of games targetted at younger age groups they could play. The prequel to this (Briar Rose) was much more interesting.

Can any gamers out there please, please suggest a game that stimulates the little grey cells a little more? All I want is a good story and a little challenge before I give up completely and dust off my old DOS games from the 90s.

Lisa xx

Edit: So the hard mode doesn't come on until half way through? Now I am confused. I'll carry on playing and see what happens , bet that flippin' text at the top still pops up though, oh well!

Edited on 08/12/2012 at 2:31:31 PM PST

[Post New]by tinni1000 on Jan 24, 13 11:16 PM
hey even if i play the easy mode and complete it the hard mode is not unlocking

Go to: