Re:Welcome to Journey to the Center of the Earth forum

[Post New]by Blue7272 on Jan 13, 11 7:23 AM
me2you wrote:i have also bought this game with my credit token.i can not even start it.i am stuck + can't open the helicopter.also i cant get out of the game + have to keep turning the computer off to get out.please help.

[Post New]by Blue7272 on Jan 13, 11 7:26 AM
In have read so many dissapointments about this game AFTER I bought it.

To get to the exit "Capsule" hit esc on your key board.

bugsnuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bugsnuts on Jan 19, 11 6:29 PM
You've just paid for the game, why should you pay for the strategy guide? It should come with the game, especially if it is as hard as everyone is saying. Won't the walkthrough be just as beneficial as the SG? ....... and that's FREE!

[Post New]by ryhen44 on Apr 24, 11 7:43 AM
I like the storey Journey to the centre of the earth by Jules Verne but this game is crap NO INSTRUCTIONS, NO HELP SCREEN, in fact it the worse game I have purchased from BIGFISH & would recommend anyone considering this game as a purchase don't waste your money there are far better games available.

[Post New]by Pysgodyn on Jun 8, 11 11:58 AM
Hi Everyone. I agree with Emily this game is awful. No wonder there is no try before you buy as no one would ever buy it. unfortionately I did. What a waste of money. No help or even instructions. Still stuck a helecopter crash after 11/2 hours. This is the worst game i have ever played yet alone bought. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. If there was a means to get my money back i would take it. Never again will i buy a game that doesn't let you try first so maybe all the large file games are out. This game is not worthy of Big Fish I have so many of their games and they are good so don't let this put you off trying others

[Post New]by JessieGirl1 on Jun 18, 11 8:09 PM
This has got to be one of the best games Big Fish have ever included in there lists and I for one hope to see many more being developed like it. Let me explain because there has been much negativity from mainstream average thinkers out there on this one.

First up, don't get me wrong, straight off the bat I will say the developers of this one need to go back and quickly release a patch for all the paying customers, out of respect, for all the bugs it has, since it's frustraiting enough being a linier game.

This point is what I love about this game though; it is linier & by that definition an added challenge, as computer games use to be like thi for the most part. Most games these days aren't like that, they are more mind numbing action, which trades off the deeper challenge, mystique, observation & thinking abilities you needed with older style computer games.

This is what this game has in abundance and is more challenging than most are use to expecting out of Big Fish games. Most on these forums aren't getting the concept as they seem to raely play games that have hard problem solving abilities at the core of the games hey play to acomplish tasks, just games of speed & coordination for the most part & memory tests here & there.

If you really want to think out of the box for a change and put your powers of observation & problem solving to the test, then this is the challenging game for you.

You don't need walk throughs, you just need to be observant of everything you can collect and use in each screen & think on the order you do things. Remember this IS LINIER so you have to do things in a certain order to make them work. (If you've ever plaid the old Myst games you'll understand).

To get around the bugs until they patch them, save your game every time you complete a task so you don't have to restart from the beginining of the game.

If you take the time to think out these puzzels this game is totally awesome. If you have no patience this is NOT the game for you.

[i]
Enjoy my fellow challengers!

[Post New]by jaycia on Aug 31, 11 4:27 AM
less123 wrote:
prplebfy wrote:i got the game today, but i dont know how to play it. the five minute walk through does not open. it stinks it was a frrebee for me.i cant do anything with the helicopter.
i am stuck.
im stuck aswell

[Post New]by poinsetta on Sep 15, 11 9:55 AM
What a hard game. I can not get any further than lighting the conche shell. Now I am giving it up as bad job before my health is affected. I had to have a neck rub with hot oils, might do that more often than playing games as the feller was hot.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 15, 11 9:58 AM
I can not get any further than lighting the conche shell.
You're making the mouthpiece for a horn. You will also need the bellows you used on the gem.

june2756
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by june2756 on Nov 12, 11 6:37 PM
hansgirl1 wrote:Spoilers!!

Sarina, I had to use a walkthrough to get anywhere in the game. This is a link to the one I have used: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcJj/Journey.htm

More specifically here is the help for fixing the horn...

Fix the horn - After the other soldier is healed, learn that the conch is broken.

The conch used to call the pterodactyl is broken. We better make a new horn. Use lighter to get a light. Use lighter on tip of bone to make hard cranium. Use hard cranium on giant shell to make prepared shell.

Go back to the crystal cave to take the bellows (can't be taken until the lieutenant asks you to repair the horn or if the crystal is not on the holder and is already polished - Thanks, Jinnie).

Go back to the giant conch at lookout station. Look closer on the giant conch and place the prepared shell at the tip of the giant conch. Place the bellows at the tip of the prepared shell. Talk to the lieutenant.

Hope that helps!

june2756
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth forum

[Post New]by june2756 on Nov 12, 11 6:39 PM
there is a stump has has stumped me. HELP!

[Post New]by jaycia on Nov 14, 11 11:09 PM
i cant get passed the helicopter how do i move on

[Post New]by ablard on Dec 19, 11 12:20 PM
It won't allow me to put the white ball in the pipe in the elevator!! Stuck!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 31, 11 12:58 PM
I bought this game a while back, I played and I actually liked, the game was very challenging for me at the time, it was after all my second Long file game and I actually stop playing the first one because of the tediousness of it, but this one I actually got into the story and love it.

Now I have to confess I did used the strategy guide a lot.

ford05
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ford05 on Feb 20, 12 3:53 PM
Well this is a game , you walk and walk and get no where

ford05
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

ford05
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

ford05
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ford05 on Feb 20, 12 3:54 PM

[Post New]by mailchick on Apr 27, 12 5:57 PM
I am in the opening screen with the Helicopter and when I pick up the blade to open it with the blade disappears. do I have a glitch??? .

[Post New]by wendith on Sep 15, 12 12:50 AM
[u]I wish I had never bought this game.I got into the helicopter and I opend the cave but have no idea what to do with either. What a waste of time and money. Big Fish games are usually good.I will try first in future.

Go to: