mxela
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mxela on May 28, 11 2:32 PM
I find it amazing that I have to go to a walkthrough on a CE because it has an almost useless strategy guide and I'm stuck. To me, the CE $$ spent does not equate to any value for the additional $$ for the game.

I sent an email to BFG that I had so many glitches and that the strategy guide is almost useless and that I wanted my money back (NOT a credit) 4 days ago. I still haven't heard from BFG. NO REPLY AT ALL from them - not even that they are looking into it.

Bad, Bad BFG.

Just checked email again and finally got a response from BFG and an apology for taking so long to respond. They have credited me with the price of the game and gave me an additional credit so my "mad" has been assuaged.

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 2:45:10 PM PST

mxela
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mxela on May 28, 11 2:36 PM
pgillenw wrote:I tried for 60 minutes. Game played well on Win 7. I am sure I will purchase at some point however for now I will put it off. The game is well developed with great colorful graphics. The game to me was a little too kid friendly. I suppose I wasn't in the mood for cute. I am just suffering for a new game of the type such as MCF's, Greenhill Sanatorium or Love Death Bitten. When I play and that is a lot I like mystery, gory and yes I like to be frightened. Wired is good.

I agree with you on Love Death Bitten...fabulous game and I play it often. Wish another one like that would come out soon!

Wow!

[Post New]by KimJ721 on May 28, 11 6:04 PM
pariah164 wrote:After the crushing disappointment that was Dream Chronicles: Book of Water, you gift us with this. Thank goodness for Gogii Games; they did a sequel and did it right. I loved this game from start to finish, and the ending/teaser blew me away.

I agree with every word of this statement. I almost gave up on CE's after DC: Book of Water, but since I know a lot of the extra money goes directly to the game developers I did give this one a shot. I enjoyed it very much, and the teaser had me immediately Googling to see if there was an estimated release date (answer: not that I could find).

Also, while the wallpapers that came with it are pretty, none of them struck my fancy, so I screen-captured my favorite scene in the teaser. No spoilers, but it involved meditation and one eye open.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on May 29, 11 11:58 AM
I'm with mxela - what a disappointment! Now I know why I never buy CEs - I'm going to have to wait for the regular version to come out and use the walkthrough! The strategy guide is of no help where I am now - completely stuck trying to find the last flower to wake the guard and get the lenses. I'm going to try once more... but I don't recommend buying this CE!
Ok, I found the flower, got the lenses, and played for awhile. Getting the hang of the strategy guide - it's a puzzle in itself!
Trying to paint the heart red right now, and can't seem to do it. Taking a break...

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 1:33:56 PM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on May 29, 11 6:35 PM
I bought this game even though I did not think it measured up to the first one. I thought the guide was terrible!! It was not even worth what I paid for the game. I found the walk through elsewhere to get through the game (cannot post the name of the site since it will be removed). To me it was better and easier to follow than the guide that came with the game. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!

jug5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by jug5 on May 29, 11 7:38 PM
YA!! After 3 restarts I have finished this game and really enjoyed it. I had to get over my panic of not having the fairy at one point even when the task I was in called for the fairy. Thanks to you who answerd my questions about this. In my last try I followed the Strategy Guide and made it through. Will play it in a few day and see how far I can get not using the Guide. I really am glad I did not give up because I really like the Princess Isabella games. I know I will be buying any new ones that come out.

[Post New]by travelingrae on May 30, 11 7:02 PM
Add me to the group that is terribly disappointed with this sequel.

I love the original. I've played it dozens of times. The graphics are so bright and crisp and the voice acting is top notch; I really feel for the characters, and especially the queen's anguish. The faery is a bit too cute, but tolerable. The game is challenging, but not overly difficult. Of any game I've bought through BG, this is the one for which I most eagerly anticipated the sequel. I'm 50 minutes into the demo and not even sure I'll continue. This faery is horribly annoying. The voice acting is terrible. The graphics are grainy and dark. Game play doesn't feel logical; I'm having to use a lot of hints. I really doubt I'll be buying it.

Rae

[Post New]by grumpyjenn on May 30, 11 9:20 PM
My 8yo and I have taken to playing H0 games before bed to improve her problem solving skills and get a little "us" time. Gogii Games are some of our favorites and I especially liked the ending of this one (which I will not reveal here due to plot spoilers).

JennTheGamerMom

ras7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ras7777 on Jun 1, 11 5:25 PM
I'm sorry, but I just want to swat that annoying little fairy.

marteaf
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by marteaf on Jun 2, 11 11:29 PM
What can I say.

First, the little fairy is the most annyoing thing ever, so the mute-button was quickly used.
The puzzles wasen't really that hard, neither was the HOs-scenes, but I was sometimes stuck on what the do next.. which brings me to my next thing.
The SG. That must be one of the most useless SGs I've ever used. That itself was a challenge for me. And often it didn't even help me nor solve my problem.

I haven't had a time to play the bonus gameplay yet, so this might change my view, but so far (just finishing the game and killing the witch) surprised me, cause it seemed SO short for me. But as I said, I still need to play the bonus game.

Warlady1
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Warlady1 on Jun 3, 11 5:34 AM
I need help. I'm trying to rebuild the old city on the mountain. I placed the weights in the correct order from left to right 20lbs, 10lbs and 5lbs but nothing happens and the baby dragon says "I don't think these weights are correct". So I tried to remove them and start over and it won't allow me to remove them. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 3, 11 11:57 AM
Warlady1 wrote:I need help. I'm trying to rebuild the old city on the mountain. I placed the weights in the correct order from left to right 20lbs, 10lbs and 5lbs but nothing happens and the baby dragon says "I don't think these weights are correct". So I tried to remove them and start over and it won't allow me to remove them. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Warlady1

I think you have the weights in the correct place

When you are looking at the TWO screens (one showing the weights, the other one showing the gate) click the gate handle in the smaller picture - it should open the gate

I expected to read your review in this thread and thought that's what you had posted. If your stuck again, please start a New Discussion then people trying to help know you are stuck.

Kel

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jun 5, 11 12:08 PM
Something weird with the link to this page, I had to go the long way around.

As good as the first. Lots of nice puzzle stuff, good graphics, good story. Looks like we'll be in for another one too down the road, so that's going to be a buy for me.

My only quibble: the minigame instructions flash on and off very quickly, and I couldn't figure out how to get them back when I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do.

But all in all, I liked ti a lot.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jun 5, 11 12:14 PM
I just remembered a small peeve. The fairy voice didn't bother me since I muted it - I can read what she says. I just got a bit fed up with the fairy and/or dragon whipping across the screen to pick up objects as I clicked. They were somewhat disconcerting and I never did get used to it.

But all in all I liked this game.

Lucidus
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Lucidus on Jun 12, 11 5:41 PM
I can see that a lot of people loved this game, but I am not one of them. I encountered occasional graphical glitches and audio stuttering on my older Mac, but that was not the main problem. The little fairy annoyed the heck out of me, not just her cutesyness and irritating voice, but also the way she slowed the game down by interacting with everything- but that was also not my major issue. I just didn't find the game play very compelling.

Maybe it gets more absorbing as you continue playing, but I am well into the demo and have no real desire to continue, let alone spend $13.99 for the privilege.

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Jun 13, 11 5:48 AM
Kelvarda wrote:This is a comment!

Well, after nearly 4 hours, this game has finally installed - so!!

Just a few things before I depart:

1) The 's have got to me! After nearly posting the same thing 3 times (which I see has happened to others) they have won! I'm going to play!

2) The slow loading, the oops! the page not found! the weird way I cannot see my 'bit' at the side of the forum! I'm going.....to play this game!

3) For those of you wondering about the SG. If you click on the 'first sentence' another sentence with a further suggestion will appear. Just keep clicking until you have enough hints or suggestions to carry on, or just keep clicking and the whole 'what you have to do' will appear.

Th.. th.. th.. that's all folks!

By the way: GogiiGrace is in the building (looking for feedback) - Good or Bad

Kel

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Jun 13, 11 5:50 AM
I had the same priblem a few months ago with a 6 hour loading for a game....
found out it was my pc.....
got a program to check my pc and the speed....
had no probems since.....
that game that took me 6 hours...after the "clean up" it took me 15 mins!

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Jun 13, 11 10:49 AM
A true rarity: not only does the sequel equal the original, it surpasses it!
Best CE of the year so far. Perhaps the best game of the year thus far. Truly fantastic and the bonus play absolutely justifies the higher price.

Bravo!!

Two enthusiastic thumbs up from those persnickety felines, the HoudiniCats!

Don't miss this one!

Edited on 06/13/2011 at 10:49:58 AM PST

[Post New]by redheadedgranma on Jun 13, 11 5:21 PM
I have just freed the Dwarf Chief and he gave me a lump of coal but my journal says he gave me a door handle. Also, how does my fairy gain the ability to use fire? I have looked everywhere and am stuck. All the scenes are cleared except for the toy store. I still need a puppet head and can't find it anywhere. I have reached the Dwarf Chief's house and can go no further. The Strategy Guide is totally useless! As a matter of fact, it says that I still need to wake up the herbalist and puppetmaster and I have already done this a while back. HELP anybody!!!

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Jun 14, 11 8:20 AM

I've just played the free hour of this and must admit after Redemption Cemetry and Dreamland I found this quite boring and couldnt wait for the hour to end, might give it another go when the SE comes out.

But at the mo no buy for me.

Go to: