vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dreamland

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 26, 11 7:13 AM
this game took me 5 hours and 18 minutes, but i did make tea a few times and snuggle the cat.

Love it!!

[Post New]by dltopless on Jun 26, 11 1:32 PM
Very good game! Thank you BigFish!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jun 27, 11 2:19 AM
I've been waiting for someone to use the Growcube model for a puzzle and here it is - only easier - with the robot building So: Growcube meets "Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Loved the hidden object "Idaho Corn Beetle". Did not love dark-on-dark objects. Note the trophy seems to acknowledge some objects are well-nigh impossible because you don't get a trophy for NO hint clicks, just under 20 or something.

Sound effects in the clowns' room irritating; rest bearable; music is fine. Speaking of bears, this game has some nice ones. Correct English person - please note my modern use of "nice." I'm always amused by "correct English" people. If they take their reasoning to its conclusion...we'd all be talking like Beowulf.

Liked the game. Nevo is improving over time, I think. Keep going!

Dustydo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Dustydo on Jun 28, 11 12:32 AM
Just finished this game. This was one of the best games I have played in quite
a while. I loved all the different games. Graphics were great, hidden objects were quite a challenge. Story line fantastic. This was put together very well. Would like to see more games like this one. Would highly recommend this one.
Great job Big Fish - Keep them coming!!

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jun 29, 11 6:24 PM
I liked the artwork for this game, they did a good job capturing the feeling of an old amusement park and the retro look to the posters was very appealing. Good, creepy game without the carnage and violence of many of the others. I think this would be a good choice for a teenager, but might be a little too scary for a child. The game was very long, so you get a lot for your money. I needed a bit of hand holding in this one and was glad that the hints showed where to go next without needing an extra strategy guide or CE. I didn't have to refer to the forum once for help, which I thought was a good thing--the in game help was all I needed. I'd reccomend this game for someone who wants to play a scary game without gore or disturbing violence. I also liked the fact that no virtual animals were harmed for this game--I dislike games with a lot of dead animals lying around.

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Jul 2, 11 5:08 PM
This is a marvellous game!!
Music is great, games are not too hot to handle.
It is a game that you can play even when you do not understand the language as well as you want to.
Europe, Asia and Africa. buy this one!!!

Love from The Netherlands.
Alma

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Jul 2, 11 5:12 PM
This is a marvellous game!!
Music is great, games are not too hot to handle.
It is a game that you can play even when you do not understand the language as well as you want to.
Europe, Asia and Africa. buy this one!!!

Love from The Netherlands.
Alma

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Jul 4, 11 3:45 AM
This game is Terrific. It's one of the best Standard Edition games I have ever played. If you are looking for a great hidden object game with a lot of puzzles that are easy enough to do but still challenging, this is the game for you. It has a little creepy factor to it as well. I really love this game. When ever I did get stuck on a puzzle, I found the walkthrough to be very helpful. I have not had to skip a puzzle yet. My sister told me that she beta tested this game and she really liked it. She couldn't afford to buy any games this month so I gifted it to her because I don't want her to miss out on this one. There are awards during the game for finding certain objects which also makes it really fun.
Thank You Devs for making this a Super game. And Thanks

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Jul 4, 11 4:52 AM
Great game! Loved the landscape, lots to do, interesting puzzles and unique HOG scenes.

danooli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by danooli on Jul 4, 11 7:29 AM
I absolutely LOVED this game.

Thank you Big Fish and to the developers...

[Post New]by margaret314 on Jul 5, 11 6:59 AM
Best game i have ever played. (bought it)

Kassy9
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Kassy9 on Jul 5, 11 11:44 AM
Super game....if only they were this good all the time. A long game that keeps your interest....highly recommended

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Jul 5, 11 3:52 PM
stanliness wrote:Almost done - having a bit of trouble with the rabbit in the hat !
Ditto! I've "wanded up" broccoli, black cat, pocket watch and an egg, but no flowers. Not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong. So far, I've played about 5.5 hours. So it qualifies as a fairly long game. My problem is my monitor is set to run 1440x900. Most games found on BFG don't support this resolution and Dreamland is no exception. The result is a bit of blurriness. Solved by playing the game in a Window. While there is no Option within the game to switch between FullScreen and Window, Alt-Enter will get the same result. Smaller picture, but better resolution/less blurriness. Also, objects that are hidden off the left or right sides of the screen, aren't!

All in all, two thumbs up....but I would like to finish the rabbit sequence so I can finish the game.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jul 5, 11 6:12 PM
Well, this was one of the best games I have played! Involved, fun, creepy, and long. Absolutely excellent in every way, except for the graphics which, while very imaginative, were not as clear and detailed as some other games.

Also, there were definitely some glitches in the functionality of the game. I got stuck in the cafe like many others where the game froze. I had to start over after being about halfway through, which was disappointing, but in the end worth it.

Overall, in spite of its flaws, the game design was excellent and it is one of the best games of its type out there - highly recommended!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 6, 11 11:23 AM
On the whole, I think that gameplay was fantastic. Lots to do and lots to see.

However, the cons for me were:

Not very good graphics, and terrible graphics in the H0 scenes that all were junkpiles. I had immense trouble finding objects, and it was getting a chore towards the end, when I had to click on the same H0 scene twice, getting twice as irritated with the same scene. Just awful graphics, which wouldn`t be so bad if the H0 scenes hadn`t also been so dreadfully cluttered. It was no fun doing them.

I also didn`t appreciate the fact that the SKIP button took eons before I was able to use it. Ice ages came and went before the SKIP button was active.

For me, this would have been one of my favourite top 5 games IF the H0 scenes hadn`t spoilt it for me. I would have loved replaying this game at another time, but with those dreadful graphics that take the fun out of the H0 scenes, I will never look at this game again.

ETA: Forgot to mention: I also didn`t like the fact that I couldn`t put the game into Windows mode, and there were glitches in the game where when I took an item from the scene, and put it back, it went to another place. That happened twice. The last time just at the end, when I wanted to put a golden tiger back onto the grammophon. I couldn´t do it, because the tiger moved so close towards the edge at the bottom of the scene, that the back-arrow appeared long before I was able to take the tiger, therefore making it impossible for me to end the game. Well, that was fun!

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 11:42:45 AM PST

vetchick
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by vetchick on Jul 6, 11 6:11 PM
I love it! So glad I bought this one. I didn't want it to end. I liked the different types of puzzles/mini games. The story was neat, and I always love an amusement park.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jul 6, 11 11:00 PM
Loved the carnival setting. Reminded me of Madame Fate somewhat. I liked the game mechanic of collecting coins and completing progressively harder Match 3 boards to unlock locations. The puzzles were a fun mix of average to above average difficulty, and I liked the shooting gallery--needed a few tries to get 1500 points for the award.

The location artwork was all right, but I thought the hidden object scenes were quite nicely done. My favourite was the one in the rocket with the fake view of Earth. Most of the objects were fairly straightforward to find, but I ended up having to use a few hints (total, for the game) to find the last object sometimes. I liked the cafe scene too, because it presented the hidden objects to find in a slightly different manner.

The storyline is pretty standard: save your brother. Music/sound effects were pretty good and added to the atmosphere. There is a map to help you navigate around and it shows you where there's a hidden object scene to solve. Another nicety is the task list, which lets you click on tasks to go straight to the related location.

Overall, I really liked this and might even replay it at some point, which I don't usually do.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jul 6, 11 11:05 PM
I loved this game. Good and creepy, great graphics, mini-games were good, although I never did "get" putting that robot together. Had to skip! It lasted a good while too, as it also took me forever to turn the rabbit into flowers!

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Jul 7, 11 6:39 PM
OK! I am really getting frustrated with this game. The rabbit! Have been trying to move the wand about its head for three days with no success. There is no Skip. I am stuck in magic Hell with only one move to play before success! But I am stalled by the effing Rabbit. Any clues?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 8, 11 5:22 AM
rtrooney wrote:OK! I am really getting frustrated with this game. The rabbit! Have been trying to move the wand about its head for three days with no success. There is no Skip. I am stuck in magic Hell with only one move to play before success! But I am stalled by the effing Rabbit. Any clues?

SPOILER ALERT

You will have to use the wand and make a figure 8 over the rabbit`s head, but the wrong way round. First you go clockwise and then anti-clockwise, making a backwards figure 8.

Hope this helps.

Go to: