Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Reviews for Urban Legends: The Maze

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 25, 14 1:34 PM
Since most of the reviews are from 2011, I'll just catch up with 2014 here. The graphics are not that great and definitely not what we are used to seeing lately. Very cartoon like, especially the people. Maybe back a few years, it was the norm to have a HOS every turn you make, but not now. This game is literally one HOS after another, with puzzles, one after another, and a map that tells you where action is available. Aside from that, the story line IS what makes a game enduring to play, however, this game seems longer than some really great CE's out there. After a while, I was just hitting the hint button because I really didn't care anymore. It's sort of the game that never ends. Eventually it ends, however, there is a HUGE cliffhanger which leaves you feeling like you just spent the last 3 to 4 hours doing nothing. If you like a game that is inundated with HOS and puzzles and you are not too crazy about graphics, this is the perfect game for you, not me. There just was not enough balance with the "adventure" aspect and the HOS and puzzle aspect.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Reviews for Urban Legends: The Maze

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 21, 14 11:01 PM
This game is literally one HOS after another, with puzzles, one after another, and a map that tells you where action is available.
It was fun playing so many HOS during the demo. The perspective of the HOS graphics and the way the items were hidden was different from most other games and so made the HOS more interesting to play, even though there were a lot of them. Actually, since I play these games for the HOS, the more of them the better for me.

I nearly always skip puzzles, so I appreciate a skip option that fills quickly, and this one does. I did play one puzzle in the beginning (turning the wire segments so they connect to the correct colored lights). It was very easy, so I'm imagining the others would be as well.

The map mentioned in the quote above is interactive and helpful. Otherwise you would be clicking through the scenes to get where you needed to be. The drawback of the map is that you can't get to it except by first opening the diary. Sometimes I used it to jump to a location, and sometimes I just made the trek.

I liked the music and the sound effects.

I don't know if this is a game I would pay the $6.99 for or even use a coupon. I have to think about that. For some reason, the story just wasn't that engaging.

Edited on 08/21/2014 at 11:04:15 PM PST

Go to: