KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Re:Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by KimK27 on Dec 25, 11 9:14 AM
Loved this game. Visually interesting and many beautiful scenes. Musically interesting, though other fishies have found it boring; I thought it was good for background but not distracting. Sweet story line. Some of the puzzles were too hard for me the first time through, but that's part of what will make this game fun to play again. Was very glad for a "skip" function a couple of times. Couldn't collect one of the piggies no matter what I tried; don't think I found even half of them, but then I wasn't really looking for them either. I liked the "accomplishments" page; nice addition. Definitely one I'll enjoy playing more than once.

Mardenoir
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Mardenoir on Jan 18, 12 7:22 PM
This is a really good ihog with great graphic, great gameplay and storyline. This game rocks!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 8, 12 7:01 PM
This game is superb. It has everything in an adventure game I like. It is visually beautiful, the music well done, and game play is challenging. This is a game that makes a player think.

I am not too thrilled with the new concept in the strategy guide. If I need help so badly that I resort to the strategy guide, I do not expect to have to find a walkthrough in order to figure out how to do what I need to do or how to complete a puzzle. I pay double so I don't have to go outside the game to get answers. I do like that the strategy guide gives a player multiple hints but if I still don't get it, I want to be told...spoiler or not.

Despite my strategy guide complaint, I still rate this game out of 5. I hope there is another Drawn to come in the future. I love this series. It is definitely one of my favorite series'. It is well worth the collector's edition price.

Edited on 02/08/2012 at 8:31:58 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 14, 12 3:43 AM
No matter which of the four, I get lost in the story, minmal, maximal (and I am mostly a story driven gamer).....I get lost in the games, the pop up books, the entire world feeds my inner child, which at near 60, is as childish and full of wonder as when I was five...just a lot more prone to cynicism, which never comes afoot or alight, when I play this game series.

My Bravos to the Big Fish team who produce it. I trained artists for over 25 years, and am glad I did. Some of them might have trained one of you...for I had student's return and say they were teaching...and did it just like I did, even though they complained to me every day of each class. Maybe I trained some of you myself, or those among my colleagues who did their jobs instead of floating in them did. I am glad to see creativity is alive and well and exists in the gaming industry,now that I am retired and have the time to game freely. This is an artist's series.. or so I dub it.

I almost did not buy the game based on some of the reviews I read and having been "drawn" anyway toward buying the collectors edition, an glad I did.
A note though....
If I had bought the SE....I would be as angry as those reviewers who claimed the game was too short. Perhaps the Bonus Game needs to be shorter and the SE longer. Something to think about.

[Post New]by j333_smith on May 19, 12 9:18 AM
I have to take the time to review this game, (should probably do so more often).

To set the scene so to speak. I played in Expert mode and I'm not one to use hint unless I'm really, really stuckl

Here are my thoughts...

LOVE the puzzles in this one. Some are really challenging and really require you to think laterally to understand what was actually expected. Even so, none of them were illogical. They were also really varied. This is what I love in a game. I'd rate these puzzles up there with those in the Return to Ravenhearst Game, which is my benchmark. If you like those puzzles, think you will enjoy these.

The graphics really are something else!!! No surpirse there though, this series is known for beautiful graphics.

I thought the length was about right, I played it through in one sitting, it took me 5 hours (with a dinner break in the middle). I love the achievements, though the Honey one really was impossible as far as I could tell. Still, I had a couple of goes.

A few times there was some amusing dialogue / captions which made me laugh - there's one about a surprised looking monkey toward the end which I particularly liked, but there were others too.

NOW to the downside and why I'd say think carefully before you buy.

As many people have said on here, even with the fix in Oct 2011 it is VERY buggy!!!

The reason I played it through in one sitting is that it was about my 4th attempt at playing it, and I was scared if I stopped,when I came back it would freeze and I'd have to delete my profile and start again. I did uninstall and re-download the game a couple of times but that didn't make a jot of difference. The only thin that worked was deleting my profile and creating a new one, (i.e. starting all over again.) I also had to to do this when I was unable to pick up the grinder to make paint in the first chapter, very irritating. Only because of the game's otherwise high quality did I persevere. I imagine not everyone would.

Anyway - glad I bought and played it BUT I hope the developers wil get any future games technically correct before release.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 2, 12 9:31 PM
I bought this game after trying the other 2 Drawn games. I liked this one the best BUT for the length of it, don't buy the CE, buy the SE as the CE is not very long. I played another game the other day that was a CE and it lasted over 8 hours.

Ali2106
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ali2106 on Sep 30, 12 1:28 AM
For me, this is the BEST game I've ever played. The graphics - Wow. Such a beautiful creation, it's a work of art (yes, ironically). This was the first Drawn I played in the series, so it's hard for me to compare it to the others. This game was my first Drawn experience it will always be the best for me. Loved the mini games, loved the characters, loved the story.

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. If you haven't bought this, you need to.

Ali

KimK27
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by KimK27 on Dec 7, 12 3:14 AM
Just finished playing this game again, after a long break, and I still think it's fun. I enjoy the colors, the little surprises along the way, the bits of narration in a quiet and calm voice. It's so different from most other games and, while I don't mind games with HOS, I don't miss them in this game. The puzzles are fun and challenging without being entirely frustrating. I love this series and wish BFG would come out with a fourth in it. Or create a completely new series with some of the same elements.

Go to: