Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Oct 27, 11 5:34 PM
Glad you got it fixed! It took hours to download, and this is a new machine with a very fast connection. But it's on now, and I can look forward to trying a new game this evening.

And I'd like to say, to anyone out there, that I'll put BFG's team up against that of any other site for responsiveness to customer complaints. They actually monitor the forums, and if you email them, a REAL LIVE PERSON will get back to you. I've never had a problem that didn't get addressed, and 99% of the problems I've had have gotten quick fixes. Other sites? You get a form to fill out at best, zero response at worst. So I'll stick with BFG.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

Re:Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 27, 11 6:04 PM
Kyasarin wrote:Glad you got it fixed! It took hours to download, and this is a new machine with a very fast connection. But it's on now, and I can look forward to trying a new game this evening.

And I'd like to say, to anyone out there, that I'll put BFG's team up against that of any other site for responsiveness to customer complaints. They actually monitor the forums, and if you email them, a REAL LIVE PERSON will get back to you. I've never had a problem that didn't get addressed, and 99% of the problems I've had have gotten quick fixes. Other sites? You get a form to fill out at best, zero response at worst. So I'll stick with BFG.

Well Said

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 27, 11 7:12 PM
Sissy79 wrote:Hiya fishies! I understand all the frustration w/ the download time and sympathize with you ALL!! I had been trying to DL since 7:30 this morning...but I kept my cool, waited until I thought that not too many fishies were trying at the same time, and voila...it has now finished. And it only took as long as it took for my to write this lil' comment! So, see...it's not always fault. They DO try to accommodate ALL of us here. I totally agree with what WiccanWoman530 said...have a little patients, and a pinch of faith, and it usually works out. Also, (and I know I'm going to catch A LOT of heat for this, but...), karma isn't kind to those who aren't very kind to others. So, be careful out there...try to smile, sometimes it DOES help! I like most of you, play these games to try and forget about all the problems I'm facing...even if it's just for a few hours. Each day I lose a little more of my leg functions, and have been told that it's only going to get worse. However, if all I ever did was sat around and complained about it then I would have NO ONE wanting to try to help me...to fix me, let alone even talk to me. I just want to repeat what WiccanWoman530 said about how all the workers here at BFG are people too...try to remember that! Have a groovy weekend to all!!
and to everyone!!!
Sissy

Hey sissy ((((gentle fin hugs)))) I think you said it best....mornings are not my best lol I'm tired and brain dead by then lol! I knew with less downloading and BFG working on it, it would get better. See? No worries all, always makes it right! May you have a good day and don't give up hope.. my legs have gone out 100% then come back. Will send some healing energy your way!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 27, 11 7:18 PM
tillybaby wrote:For what it's worth I honestly don't think it's the game manager because I've downloaded two older games today using it and the speed was brilliant, I then tried yet again to download this new game and 4% and froze for about the tenth time today, needless to say I have given up completely now but at least quite a few of my older games are getting another airing,

For what it's worth too, I don't think the anger is about not being able to play games and I agree there are far more things in the world to get upset about but for one this is a game forum so we moan about games and two, some people are disabled and really look forward to a new game on Thursday as sometimes this is their only bit of enjoyment. Just saying.

I understand, I'm disabled too. Lupus, RA, OA...21 medical conditions diagnosed. I too look forward to a new game, love them, they take my mind off the pain and all that along with not always being able to go out or do other things. It's also taught me not to sweat the small stuff, be happy and take nothing for granted!

*this is just a general comment* I've also had game problems, and with a or software/driver update they always get solved. I have had troubles with the new game manager too.. but tech support was very helpful and fixed it. I was amazed, so now I never lose faith...and sometimes it was my PC !

ETF typo

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 7:20:16 PM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 27, 11 7:33 PM
PS... I meant no insult to anyone. I should have said" If we all work together to help with Dr Felix and a it WILL help get it resolved and I know will make it right." I just wanted to convey that running it and a can go a long way to get problems fixed. Like I said.. sometimes its software or updates etc.. its even been my PC! ...and I don't do mornings lol.

Apologies to anyone I may have offended, twas not my intent. and to the pond!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 27, 11 8:41 PM
WiccanWoman530 wrote:PS... I meant no insult to anyone. I should have said" If we all work together to help with Dr Felix and a it WILL help get it resolved and I know will make it right." I just wanted to convey that running it and a can go a long way to get problems fixed. Like I said.. sometimes its software or updates etc.. its even been my PC! ...and I don't do mornings lol.

No offense taken here.

DianeSS42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DianeSS42 on Oct 27, 11 10:48 PM
Glad to hear its not only me! I have had nothing but problems with the 'new' BFG and thought that perhaps I have too many games... but figure that its 'us' buyers not triers they should try to satisfy!
I have never had any problems downloading, always fast, but this game! Time-out occurred to many times I had to quit the download - what a mess!!
My PC is a quad core made for me and my 'passions' to include BFG gaming and genealogy - and i KNOW it is not my PC!
Come on BF admit the new BFG is not 'new and improved' but bulky and dangerous!
Just discovered some new game sites out of frustration with the 'new' BFG and was playing some games long before they appeared on BF! to include the new 'Roads to Rome III' and others. But so far, BF has the best 'big' games and while my fuse is long, its been burning since the new BFG came out!

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Oct 28, 11 2:44 AM
After all the trouble downloading the game, I was finally able to play it and I didn't like it. Go figure.

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Oct 28, 11 4:02 AM
I waited a long time until the game rocks ... Finally, it downloaded and I installed it. I started to play the game and after the first 10 minutes suffered a great disappointment. This is terrible! As this game can be ..! Horrible graphics. It's boring and not interesting. Do not buy this game!

rpm604
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rpm604 on Oct 28, 11 10:12 AM
When will this be fixed? Spent 13.99 for it and it won't download....

[Post New]by NancySusan on Oct 29, 11 8:40 AM
My download, including initializing/activating, took about 40 minutes, which is rather slow for my fairly old computer with XP. But I felt heartened when I opened the game to find it wasn't creaky, unlike the beta I did which had problems beginning to end. However, when I was in the first actual scene, the hotel scene, when I zoomed in on the bedside table and the lamp and later the door to the room to unlock the lock, I got 5 or so images superimposed of each scene -- i.e., 5 lamps, 5 doors, etc., almost tiled over each other. This didn't go away, and I gave up on the game and uninstalled it. The beta of this had the same problems, but I was able to play through it -- with this I wouldn't have been able to unlock the door.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Oct 29, 11 12:05 PM
For the fifth time, I can still not download this game. I have Windows 7 installed, is this what is causing my problem. I could always download games before.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 29, 11 12:59 PM
Lilabelle wrote:
WiccanWoman530 wrote:PS... I meant no insult to anyone. I should have said" If we all work together to help with Dr Felix and a it WILL help get it resolved and I know will make it right." I just wanted to convey that running it and a can go a long way to get problems fixed. Like I said.. sometimes its software or updates etc.. its even been my PC! ...and I don't do mornings lol.

No offense taken here.

((((((((((((((fin hug))))))))))))))) Thanks!

*splashes away to see whats new*

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 29, 11 3:21 PM
Hello folks,

If you are still experiencing downloading troubles, please try completely uninstall and reinstall the game. If you're still having troubles, please get in touch with Tech Support so that our reps can work with you one-on-one.

I also wanted to remind everyone to please reserve this thread for technical issues only. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

fabbren
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fabbren on Oct 30, 11 8:29 PM
not just this game its every game thats sooo slowwww to download..the manager need,s fixing guy,s and yes i,v reinstalled..and all the rest...

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Nov 2, 11 8:37 PM
i don't type quickly or well, because of disability so will have to keep this short. For months I have read about the problems people were having with dl. I couldn't understand it but now with my one week oldcomputer I do. Questions to ask... are you running Win7? and do you know what UAC is. I took me about a half a day to learn what a pain in the **** it is. Please read your windows help section. change your uac settings to reccommended and keep your eyes open for UAC dialogue box. If you leave the puter for even a second and it comes up while you are gone, I found that, unless you go looking for it, it download will goto about 80 percent and then stops to wait for your authorization. After you click yes, it finishes almist instantly. The darn thing dims but it is still easy to miss. If you don't give it authorization it will sit at that percentage forever. Puter has more patience than we do.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Nov 2, 11 8:43 PM
Sorry meant AUC in my previous post Authorized User Control. Brain freeze.

Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by iamgreat on Nov 17, 11 9:51 AM
bfgRhone wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

patcam52
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by patcam52 on Dec 23, 11 1:17 PM
My strategy guide is in a loop, when you get to the end of the chapter it loops back to the beginning again. I was puzzled at first as it seemed I was repeating things, or at least they wanted me to but then I figured it out and clicked on Chapter 2 which did the same thing, would not go to Chapter 3, just kept looping the pages starting from 1. Messed up game. Going to get my money back.

[Post New]by Dmaster11940 on Apr 9, 13 1:26 PM
I was putting the dolls in the window puzzle and they all disappeared and are nowhere to be found. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Go to: