bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 17, 13 2:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Regarding Facebook connectivity, if you signed in using Facebook from day one, then your progress will be stored entirely on the Facebook application side of things. If you've never connected to Facebook, then your data is stored locally on your device. If you've experienced a crash, please let our Tech Support Team know what happened, and please provide any details you can think of what happened prior to the crash. Any and all information is appreciated as we work on these issues.

I'm hoping we can get you back to gaming quickly, and we appreciate your patience!

bfgSeine

Vicki8590
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Vicki8590 on Jul 17, 13 2:55 PM
April Rainbows, nice to meet you (it's Haines Folley). I am having same issues, can't get past enter. Looks like we have a lot of the same neighbors!! I really hope this gets straightened out, I haven't been able to play all day.

Vicki8590
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Vicki8590 on Jul 17, 13 3:02 PM
So should we reinstall the game if we've been logged into FB?

[Post New]by AprilRainbows on Jul 17, 13 3:24 PM
Hi Vicki-

So sorry to hear you're game has crashed too . After my first game crashed which was linked to Facebook, I wasn't able to get it back. I had been working with BF but decided to start all over. BF had continued to email, but I ignored them since I had started a new game. I'm seriously addicted to DM (much to my hubby's dismay). From reading this entire thread I would advise against uninstall/reinstall your game. I hope if BF can't fix this, they will issue us all enough gold to regain our progress quickly. It seems most of us were in the 20 levels.

Vicki8590
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Vicki8590 on Jul 17, 13 3:55 PM
I was able to get on it started from beginning after that I was able to log into Facebook and all my stuff came back but then it crashed again.

[Post New]by AprilRainbows on Jul 17, 13 4:14 PM
I was just able to connect! Hopefully it works! Fingers crossed.

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Jul 17, 13 4:19 PM
AprilRainbow,
Me too--let's hope it lasts.

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 17, 13 5:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been unable to load my game for almost two weeks. After trying several times today to get back into my game, I was finally able to get back in. The game loaded, and my original game is up and running again. If you have been unable to load your game, please try now. It seems that BF finally got the loading issues fixed. Good luck everyone.

[Post New]by AprilRainbows on Jul 17, 13 5:20 PM
Snoopy, welcome back! Who are you? I'm AprilA* manor Abby Road

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Jul 17, 13 5:32 PM
I got in too! It's been almost a month since I say my Facebook linked game. Tried it on my iPhone and there it was. My ipad game that wasn't linked is there too

Wonder if I can keep them both?

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 17, 13 5:39 PM
@Tysonsnanny -Welcome back friend. I would think that you would be able to keep both games.

Gamingmama
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingmama on Jul 17, 13 5:40 PM
Oh yeah just got in! I pray it stays connected!

LauraBelle13
Minnow
Minnow
274 Posts

[Post New]by LauraBelle13 on Jul 17, 13 6:15 PM
I was able to get back into my game by powering down my iPad and waiting 5 minutes before restarting. Maybe I didn't wait long enough when I power cycled my iPad the several other times I did it.

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Jul 17, 13 7:40 PM
Hi Snoopy...I'm so glad to be playing again! I'm not sure if I can keep both games. When my game started working, I was playing my second garden - Tysonsnanny2. I logged out then logged in using the Facebook login and up came my first garden - Tysonsnanny! But, when I closed the game and started it again, it automatically went to the last game I played, which was the Facebook linked one. Now I'm too chicken to try logging out of Facebook in case I loose both games!

Has anyone tried this with any success?

[Post New]by 6558260 on Jul 18, 13 12:14 AM
Hi am really pleased to say I'm back playing the game ,only hope all is well from now on .Hope the other gamers are getting to play again ! I missed playing and am quite content .thanks again Mandolay Manor.

s7eph40
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by s7eph40 on Jul 18, 13 1:08 AM
Hi I got up this morning and fired the game up..... and it worked- I've lost nothing.

I'm so happy. Many thanks to BFG for fixing it, its been a lonely few days.

My only issue now is scrolling down to the bottom of my neighbours, so Winepoetry,, Lamour Ravens Roost, Bitterwood, Adams family mansion, and a couple of others I can't remember- I apologise for being a bad neighbour, and hope to visit you soon.

Good luck if you are still having issues, don't despair!

Zimbird
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Zimbird on Jul 18, 13 1:43 AM
s7eph40 wrote:Hi I got up this morning and fired the game up..... and it worked- I've lost nothing.

I'm so happy. Many thanks to BFG for fixing it, its been a lonely few days.

My only issue now is scrolling down to the bottom of my neighbours, so Winepoetry,, Lamour Ravens Roost, Bitterwood, Adams family mansion, and a couple of others I can't remember- I apologise for being a bad neighbour, and hope to visit you soon.

Good luck if you are still having issues, don't despair!

Scrolling down my neighbours list is also bugging me - will this be addressed soon? I realise you have plenty of other fish to fry at the moment - sorry ! - but my original neighbours must be thinking that I am being snobbish as I have not visited or sent gifts for a while now.

Another thing - I changed my Manor Name from Ravens Roost to Zimbirds Nest - do I have to befriend my original neighbours again?

Other than that, this is a great game!!

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Jul 18, 13 2:10 AM
I'm back, I'm back, I'm back!
Loading issues resolved - looks like for a lot of you, too. Lets hope it's forever!

I also have two games - the one that crashed on Facebook, and a second one that is better, and not backed up to Facebook. I thought I could load the "good" one to FB by logging in, but not so - logged in, I get the old game. Logged out, I get the new and much improved game.

I haven't decided, but I may just keep both, and play on the not-so-good FB one when I run out of energy or something.

Another curious point, though - since both accounts are linked to my Game Center ID of Elinu, where do my gifts go? Can I accept them on either account?

[Post New]by mommahawk on Jul 18, 13 5:34 AM
HEY EVERYONE! Just wanted to first give HUGE AWESOME THANKS to BFG Customer Support Rep. JOE (from Seattle Washington) I, like many other ipad players, was booted off/ forced close app/ staring at ipad home screen on 7/14/13 morning. I was not able to get back in after repeated attempts throughout the day. Later that evening I contacted CUSTOMER SUPPORT via EMAIL. I received a response from BFG CS, JOE on 7/17/13 morning:

[Removed by Moderator]

After reading this I was excited, but saddened that the game was still not working past "Enter" screen.. I replied all my info and status with game to Joe.

Only HOURS later, I was a happy fish in the pond! I was able to get into game. yes still neighbor list issue, in due time I say! I wanted to note that yes, I did get booted off a time or two since then but was able to get right back in.. My guess, game needs refreshed after a duration of constant play.

So in the end I suggest to place those emails, give all important facts/info of both game & device you're playing... So Joe can help you!

Now I got a lot of catching up to do! ricehawk

Edited on 07/18/2013 at 5:37:36 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 18, 13 5:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

I would encourage anyone who game is failing to load or function correctly, to get in touch with our Mobile Support Team.

There are certainly things we can do to address the issues you are having but it would be best for us to take a look at things with you before making suggestions, so that we can be sure we offer the right ones!

Also, just to note, I would encourage folks to use one primary account, and sync that to Facebook as creating multiple profiles and syncing them to the same Facebook profile may cause issues for you.

I hope this information is helpful and that those of you experiencing these issues have the resolved soon.

Thank you for working with us!

bfgBaikal

Go to: