alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Nov 8, 13 9:11 AM
Deegb wrote:
nano0623 wrote:I haven't been able to get into the game for 1 day now. My computer is updated. PC . It comes up dark manor and then just is idle. I posted earlier and still haven't had a response. I mean its been 24 hours. Can someone please get back with me


Hi nano0623,

I guess nobody else has a suggestion and unfortunately I don't either, being strictly ipad. This thread is more for players to inform and help each other. If you want a BFG response you need to contact customer service, using the link in tiny blue letters at the bottom of this page. Good Luck!


Deegb, This thread is for TECHNICAL issues. I don't think players have much to say about technical stuff.

 
alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Nov 8, 13 9:14 AM
janice22601 wrote:
Deegb wrote:
janice22601 wrote:105 energy points!


Hi, in case you're not aware of this, this thread is for reporting problems, but if you expect an individual response you need to report your particular details to customer service, via the tiny link below. Good Luck!


I though this was for reporting technical issues?

Have you tried getting individual help from Big Fish? It takes forever.

My husband, who is having the same problem, did send an email and was told to try play as Administrator. I tried that too and it made no difference. I did a Dr. Felix report today and emailed that. Hopefully there will be something there that will let them find out what the issue is. It isn't just my computer since it is happening to my husband as well and others are reporting the same thing.

It started for us when my husband and I downloaded the "New Version" of the game. It never happened before that.

I would think that there is something in the way the game is written that is causing the issue and since the posts about this problem are not new, it would be nice to have some kind of a response.

Maybe they could make the 15 energy points be taken after we play the HO scene so if it terminates the game and we have to restart, we don't keep losing the energy points. I would be satisfied with that but it is getting to be an awful pain to lose 15 energy points every other time I try to play the HO scene. It is making it impossible to accumulate any EX points or too meet the achievements. Particularly the 160 bottles of ectoplasm.


Janice, I have had quick response through email with several suggestions. I get a response just about every day. At least I know they are trying.

 
Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by Deegb on Nov 8, 13 11:28 AM
alaskan22 wrote:
Deegb wrote:
nano0623 wrote:I haven't been able to get into the game for 1 day now. My computer is updated. PC . It comes up dark manor and then just is idle. I posted earlier and still haven't had a response. I mean its been 24 hours. Can someone please get back with me


Hi nano0623,

I guess nobody else has a suggestion and unfortunately I don't either, being strictly ipad. This thread is more for players to inform and help each other. If you want a BFG response you need to contact customer service, using the link in tiny blue letters at the bottom of this page. Good Luck!


Deegb, This thread is for TECHNICAL issues. I don't think players have much to say about technical stuff.


Alaskan22, there are plenty of DM players who have encountered TECHNICAL issues and found a way to fix or overcome them. They can then offer info and advice as to what worked for them, and perhaps help somebody save a lot of time and anguish. This thread and others are full of examples. I'm unclear why you think my reply was not relevant and/or helpful.

 
alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Nov 8, 13 6:35 PM
Deegb wrote:
alaskan22 wrote:
Deegb wrote:
nano0623 wrote:I haven't been able to get into the game for 1 day now. My computer is updated. PC . It comes up dark manor and then just is idle. I posted earlier and still haven't had a response. I mean its been 24 hours. Can someone please get back with me


Hi nano0623,

I guess nobody else has a suggestion and unfortunately I don't either, being strictly ipad. This thread is more for players to inform and help each other. If you want a BFG response you need to contact customer service, using the link in tiny blue letters at the bottom of this page. Good Luck!


Deegb, This thread is for TECHNICAL issues. I don't think players have much to say about technical stuff.


Alaskan22, there are plenty of DM players who have encountered TECHNICAL issues and found a way to fix or overcome them. They can then offer info and advice as to what worked for them, and perhaps help somebody save a lot of time and anguish. This thread and others are full of examples. I'm unclear why you think my reply was not relevant and/or helpful.


Hey, If you can find any help for nano0623 and me, who are both having the same problem, please let us know.

 
poppsyche
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by poppsyche on Nov 8, 13 6:53 PM
My game keeps crashing today when I try to play an HO game. About every two games, it crashes. This is a new problem that just started for me. I wasn't having this level of problem before today.

 
Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by Deegb on Nov 8, 13 6:57 PM
Hey alaskan22 and nano0623,

Part of my point is that while alas mentioned contacting cs, nano seemed to think somebody from BF would get back to her based on her post here a day earlier. That rarely if ever happens, so I suggested she contact cs. Also, if it becomes a case of getting energy back, or whatever compensation there might be, then those who have individually contacted cs have a great probability of being recompensed, while those who have only posted here to say they have a problem are very unlikely to get anything back. People are usually very glad to have that distinction explained to them.


 
PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 9, 13 8:00 AM
Nano and Alaskan, if you haven't done so already check the first post of this thread for links to common solutions for game crashes, freezing, etc. and for game compatibility solutions. The moderators have posted these to provide a first step in correcting issues. If none of the suggestions works for you then you should contact CS as Deegb mentioned.

Re: the achievements, if the button says complete that means the reward was already collected. It says collect when you reach the goal. If you didn't actually ever hit collect then you should contact CS with the issue and they can help out.

On the PC, uninstalling and reinstalling via the game manager often clears up some of these types of issues. Again, if you have already done that and you are still having an issue, contact CS.

On a final note, this is usually a friendly and helpful forum. There are also a large number of people who have a technical background and can sometimes offer assistance or at least suggestions. I understand that people get frustrated but it is not fruitful to disrespect other posters.

 
WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Nov 9, 13 11:55 AM
Hope it's ok to post something positive?

The game crashed ever so often, this is the message I got: "access violation at 0x1313DE5A (tried to read from 0x00000036)" on my laptop, Windows 7

BUT!!!!!! today I was able to play for two hours without a single crash! Much more fun!

 
mletang
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by mletang on Nov 9, 13 11:57 AM
Hi, DM & BF! I posted on Facebook about this but thought I would post here as well. I was gathering money and energy from my neighbors when I levelled up to 37. It said I would get 100,000 but it did not appear in my money box. Can I please have it? Goes a long way towards my next land purchase!! 1526 Grant Street - DM-1102586

 
mletang
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by mletang on Nov 9, 13 12:00 PM
CarrieStrawberri wrote:
CarrieStrawberri wrote:
Error: Access violation at 0x13071FBF (tried to write to 0x00000010), program terminated.


I traded in one Error code for another it seems. Now I have this one:

Error: Access violation at 0x1307356A (tried to read from 0x34F0D524), program terminated.

Seems it can't read or write.


Hi, Carrie! I was having that problem and Tech Support said to Uninstall DM then go to BF and reinstall the game. If that doesn't work, try contacting them (link is below). They will want you to attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic file and a dxdiag file. They are responding fairly quickly now. See ya and take care!

 
jiya7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by jiya7 on Nov 9, 13 1:51 PM
Hi, I just started playing this game on my PC. I accidentally clicked the widescreen button and now it won't give me the option of going back to widescreen. How do I fix that? also is there a way to zoom out of the screen while we are looking for objects in a scene its really inconvenient.

 
Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Nov 9, 13 3:32 PM
jiya7 wrote:Hi, I just started playing this game on my PC. I accidentally clicked the widescreen button and now it won't give me the option of going back to widescreen. How do I fix that? also is there a way to zoom out of the screen while we are looking for objects in a scene its really inconvenient.


I've had this happen with wide screen AND full screen mode (playing on PC) I had to exit the game and re-enter for the change to take effect.

Or did you mean that the wide screen button disappeared???

If you are using a mouse, use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out. In zoom mode, can also click on the screen and drag it all over the place to find other hidden tidbits.

Dhyani

Edited on 11/09/2013 at 3:34:13 PM PST


 

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by almarcam332 on Nov 9, 13 4:53 PM
PTBT wrote:Nano and Alaskan, if you haven't done so already check the first post of this thread for links to common solutions for game crashes, freezing, etc. and for game compatibility solutions. The moderators have posted these to provide a first step in correcting issues. If none of the suggestions works for you then you should contact CS as Deegb mentioned.

Re: the achievements, if the button says complete that means the reward was already collected. It says collect when you reach the goal. If you didn't actually ever hit collect then you should contact CS with the issue and they can help out.

On the PC, uninstalling and reinstalling via the game manager often clears up some of these types of issues. Again, if you have already done that and you are still having an issue, contact CS.

On a final note, this is usually a friendly and helpful forum. There are also a large number of people who have a technical background and can sometimes offer assistance or at least suggestions. I understand that people get frustrated but it is not fruitful to disrespect other posters.


Very well said!

 
nano0623
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by nano0623 on Nov 9, 13 7:28 PM
day 4 and still not working

 
deanery4
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by deanery4 on Nov 9, 13 7:53 PM
It seems that I can play 2 scenes, then when I go to play a 3rd, it takes my energy and crashes. Getting so sick of this. Think I will give DM a rest for a while. Will keep an eye on the forum and hope to see this issue fixed soon.

 

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by mochabig on Nov 10, 13 6:03 AM
Somehow there is an occult-mobile-shaped hole where there used to be an about-to-be-summoned-after-waiting-almost-a-week occult mobile on my manor grounds this morning. I tried closing the game and re-opening, but still only an empty space. Not sure if this matters, but I did do some extensive moving around of things last night. If there is any way to get my occult mobile back without having to invest another 98K of silver and another week of waiting, I would be so very, very grateful!

 
PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 10, 13 7:51 AM
mochabig and deanery4, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the BF game manager. If that doesn't work, you should contact Customer Support using the small blue link at the bottom of the page. They will want your Dark Manor ID, which is found by using the cog in the upper right corner under the eye, and is in the pop-up displayed under Playing As DarkManor-nnnnnnn... CS is excellent and will be able to help you out with this!

Best of luck to you

Edited on 11/10/2013 at 7:52:18 AM PST


 
PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 10, 13 8:55 AM
jiya7 wrote:Hi, I just started playing this game on my PC. I accidentally clicked the widescreen button and now it won't give me the option of going back to widescreen. How do I fix that? also is there a way to zoom out of the screen while we are looking for objects in a scene its really inconvenient.


This happened to me too, and CS sent me instructions on how to correct this. I can PM you those if you like... send me a PM by clicking on the PM button on this post and let me know! My response back to you will show up in the My Messages mailbox under your nickname...

 

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by mochabig on Nov 10, 13 1:49 PM
PTBT wrote:mochabig and deanery4, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the BF game manager.


Gave it a try...no luck. Next stop CS! Thanks for the advice!

 

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by shykikki on Nov 11, 13 10:28 AM
my screen moves to upper left corner as soon as I open the game. its been like that for couple of days. I cant click on my money nor the walkers because my open ground area is on the lower right corner ugh!!!!. all I do is log in send gifts .please kindly fix this problem.
tried zoom in out still moves to the up left corner
uninstalled - reinstalled - still moves
I don't know what else to do screen keeps moving.

 
 
 
 
Go to: