Guilds

swainger
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Guilds

[Post New]by swainger on Sep 18, 17 4:46 AM
A friend needs guild advice, so I am re-posting what i wrote before. Even though it's long, i think it's valuable info. I would recommend joining a guild, particularly if you play daily & are already doing comps. the decision of which guild to join is important. The best part of being in a guild is that your guildmates are a subgroup of friends who always help on my expeditions & vise versa. (You can also play comps with them and trade off winning for the daily prizes.) When joining a guild you should talk to guilds you are considering joining and get a good fit. I am on my 3rd guild. The 1st one disbanded when guildchat stopped working and we couldn't talk to each other. (HINT #1: You want to make sure the guild uses guildchat often. It's how you ask your guildmates for help and can arrange to play comps with each other.) My 2nd guild also ended up disbanding because even though many of us communicated, the guildmaster never talked to us and many people in the guild were asleep and we wanted active members to make the guild more competitive. (HINT #2: You want a responsive guildmaster that you can talk to.) Other suggestions. HINT #3: You want a guild where the members exchange neighbor codes and join each other's neighborhoods - so you can gift each other and join each other's expeditions HINT #4 You want your level of play to match your guildmates'. (i.e. If you play every day, you'll want your fellow guildmates to do the same. If you fall asleep sometimes, you'll want a guild that accepts that.) HINT #5 You want to know whether there are expectations as to how many comps everyone plays and wins. I am now in one of the guilds where we play and win a lot of comps and therefore win a lot of chests. Before I joined I had many conversations with the guildmaster & made sure that I played and won enough so I would fit in. HINT #6 Talk to your friends and guildmasters/people who respond to your post and also PM guildmasters who have posted on the forum and choose the best guild for you. If it's not a good fit, you can change, but by then you will have relationships with the people, so it will be harder. Good luck.

aurendel01
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Sep 18, 17 8:31 AM
Excellent advice from an excellent comper! Thanks for the repost, Swainger!

glca
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by glca on Sep 24, 17 12:45 PM
Thanks so much for your guidance swainger! With that in mind, I've had random requests to join our guild but our members want to get to know someone to see if they're a good fit before accepting.

Searching for that person rarely yields results especially since in many cases their whole game name doesn't show up.

So if you are interested in joining Royer Castle Guild please PM me and let's talk! Hopefully this will make it easier to communicate

Gabrielle

Go to: