2015 Valentine Quest Fest

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

Re:2015 Valentine Quest Fest

[Post New]by Vlania on Feb 15, 15 3:47 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:To get multiples - you need to have another quest in the queue.

Click on the ValDay quest, using Friday's quests as an example.
Which was two quests, each with two parts.

You hit the GO on the first part and are taken to Montana for the lilacs <play play play>. They you look at the second part Geometric candy box in Missouri <play play play>

Okay, I want to keep this quest open and Fatima and that plastered smile appears. You have choices.

Reward or X out <---- both close the quest

OR you can use the arrow keys on the lower part of the screen about quest and go to previous quest or go to next quest

I believe that is as plain as I can explain it and therefore, I rest my case your honor.

Thanks Oddly for this...exactly what I was looking for. I only got one lilac and greedy me cashed in the collection thinking it would show as a completed collection in the Valentine list. That didn't happen and now I have an uncompleted collection till next Valentine? <shoulder shrug> Good thing I'm not an OCD person with my collections. LOL
On a related topic, has anyone not had their collectibles register from HOS? My Gerberas aren't showing up. They showed on the finish screen where you scoop up your winnings but they're not in my collection. Bummer.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Feb 15, 15 3:52 PM
Gquin wrote:Sanzi19, no need to post as a spoiler, oddlyenuh is posting all this info on page one as soon as it is available. Just post as normal so we can all see it easily. Keep posting for me, as I go to the end page first to see what is new

I like to be surprised by the game, i thought there were more and didnt want to spoil their fun. When Oddly ask me to post the Quest too, i told her i was gonna do it that way. So thats the reason actually But you are right! if its all in the open already then there is no use to do it like that!
But, Oddly is doing a much better job then i do, therefore i just told her that i will not post them anymore, only when she doesnt have the info on time herself.
Oddly is just the best in this, i'm glad i can 'retire'Lol, sorry Gquin

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 15, 15 4:42 PM
Vlania wrote:

Thanks Oddly for this...exactly what I was looking for.

On a related topic, has anyone not had their collectibles register from HOS? My Gerberas aren't showing up. They showed on the finish screen where you scoop up your winnings but they're not in my collection. Bummer.

If that explain works for everyone that can become the one. Lots of help figuring out how to convey meanings and I am really appreciative of feedback and suggestions.

You are playing Minnesota for the Gerberas right? Mine showed I was already on Con when I hit there. What level do you have the city on? And you got the quest for those done on the 11th? At the risk of sounding like a bright sider - they will all be there next year and won't have to be collected, which is a good thing.

I missed getting more than one on most items last year, the jumping to another quest is so different than what we normally do makes it very hard to break our habits in the game.

I don't necessarily see the item as I am playing the game or even the finished air display but so far all are showing up in the collections display.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 15, 15 4:47 PM
sanzi19 wrote:
I like to be surprised by the game, i thought there were more and didnt want to spoil their fun. When Oddly ask me to post the Quest too, i told her i was gonna do it that way. So thats the reason actually

That is exactly right, I sure did ask. I know I don't always get things just right and find it a good fail safe to have someone else posting. If you don't want to post that's okay but please keep double checking what I have. I want the best information out there and I don't care from whom it comes. I would not forgive myself if something was out there that was HORRIBLY wrong and some one suffered because of mistake. Matter of fact, it did happen and I still have not forgotten.

MissJay75
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MissJay75 on Feb 15, 15 4:51 PM
I just saw tomorrow's quests and I have to say BAH! I don't want the mini search scenes on the yacht to open up until I am completely done gathering collectables there.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 15, 15 4:52 PM
I'm still getting the gerberas ok in Minnesota. Try again and see if it is still missing

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 15, 15 4:54 PM
Odin update:

Still three Odin quests:
1 x Warehouse 86/106
1 x Love Letters unfinished
1 x Sweet treats unfinished

•Odin - gone from screen Flower Bouquet - flower bouquet picture now in Warehouse-
• Odin - gone from screen Valentine Cards - Valentine Cards picture now in Warehouse

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 15, 15 4:55 PM
MissJay75 wrote:I just saw tomorrow's quests and I have to say BAH! I don't want the mini search scenes on the yacht to open up until I am completely done gathering collectables there.

Amen Sistah Woman! Opening up Ohio really loused me up - did not know the scenes and it took too much time playing it to capitalize on the scene for BonBons in the Round. But I will be ready next year <puffing up like a cat trying to impress another cat>.

Another good day to fill in blanks in collections. Just got over my lilac hangover today.

Edited on 02/15/2015 at 4:57:05 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 15, 15 6:07 PM
sanzi19 wrote:
Gquin wrote:Sanzi19, no need to post as a spoiler, oddlyenuh is posting all this info on page one as soon as it is available. Just post as normal so we can all see it easily. Keep posting for me, as I go to the end page first to see what is new

I like to be surprised by the game, i thought there were more and didnt want to spoil their fun. When Oddly ask me to post the Quest too, i told her i was gonna do it that way. So thats the reason actually But you are right! if its all in the open already then there is no use to do it like that!
But, Oddly is doing a much better job then i do, therefore i just told her that i will not post them anymore, only when she doesnt have the info on time herself.
Oddly is just the best in this, i'm glad i can 'retire'Lol, sorry Gquin

I sure do hope you continue to post... I like seeing what's coming on both ends of this thread... plus, I like your hidden text approach.. keep up the good work!

Beckyd30
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

2015 Valentine Quest Fest

[Post New]by Beckyd30 on Feb 15, 15 6:23 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:If you don't any other quests open to jump to, leave your daily quest unfinished till you get what you want of the Carrier Pigeon.

Day 5 .... 15 Feb '15
Q1 Look for Carrier Pigeon (takes you to Junkyard). only available for 24 hours

Goes away when reward is accepted

Q2 Play 'Sweet Old Couple" in Bennet's Photography #18B
TIMED (Quest says go to Vincent's which is in error).

No ValDay collectible attached to this quest.
*Guess, it was not obvious - you only need play this once.

Day 6..... 16 Feb '15

Q 1 Visit Cpt Matthew's House, Bridgeport, CT- no Val Day collectible here, play once and go on to next quest.

Q 2 Visit Cpt Matthew's Yacht - Play once and go on to next quest

Finally for those that have been waiting! Mini-scene in yacht opens:

Q 3 Cpt Matthew's Yacht
1. Find a mop found in Junkyard in Missouri get the bucket and the mop
2. Use the mop to unlock the stairs to the Cockpit area

Just added note, if someone has not noticed yet and might. You don't always see the ValDay collectible pop while playing the scene or even in the air display when you have completed the scene but they do go to your collection.

Warnings and general information:
Quests generally become available at Midnight local time.

If you do not have them open yet, expect Maine and the Yacht to open for the mini-scenes.

The majority of collectibles are showing the first day 2/11/15 and available at lower cup levels.

All timed Special collectibles are introduced in daily quests and are TIMED QUESTS

**Timed quests are for a 24 hour period only****
-BUT once the reward is ACCEPTED on the quest, the item GOES AWAY completely. DO NOT go back into the quest until you are done collecting.

They are auto completing the quests in some cases, so make sure that you check which item you need to complete your "collection" and don't do the 2nd one until you are ready to stop turning in for gold.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 16, 15 1:12 AM
Just occurred to me - no OT for Oddly this week, have to make sure I get home to update the list at the first of thread for our European pals because Ali's midnight is when I am leaving for work. RATS!

Edited on 02/16/2015 at 2:13:25 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 16, 15 2:15 AM
pamkatz wrote:
OddlyEnuh wrote:Odin update:
• Odin - gone from screen Valentine Cards - Valentine Cards picture now in Warehouse

(Rose Bouquet) I did not get that quest, when was it? =v=

There is a complete history of the event so far at the beginning of the thread.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 16, 15 2:28 AM
strandman wrote:it showing 10/29 completed, is this correct?

Sweetg12651 wrote:

Are you referring to the Achievements List? Mine is showing 10/14 completed. Maybe mine is wrong?

I believe the difference in achievement list numbers is because players who had opened Ohio's mini-scenes and completely built the warehouse on the AES compound are getting extra quests - as they should given the extra time and effort they have put into the game. Nice touch on the part of the developers.

Since I had neither done I am afraid I don't know what the number should be for the advanced players. Anyone?

arenn01
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by arenn01 on Feb 16, 15 5:19 AM
That was accurate as of Feb 15. After completing the 3 quests for today (Feb 16) the total should read 13/29.

Edited on 02/16/2015 at 5:19:32 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 16, 15 8:05 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:
strandman wrote:it showing 10/29 completed, is this correct?

Sweetg12651 wrote:

Are you referring to the Achievements List? Mine is showing 10/14 completed. Maybe mine is wrong?

I believe the difference in achievement list numbers is because players who had opened Ohio's mini-scenes and completely built the warehouse on the AES compound are getting extra quests - as they should given the extra time and effort they have put into the game. Nice touch on the part of the developers.

Since I had neither done I am afraid I don't know what the number should be for the advanced players. Anyone?

The difference in numbers depends on where you are reading it from. In the list of achievements the numbers show how many quests you've completed and how many quests there are to the next reward, which is the Valentine Ran at this point in time. Mine is showing 13/14.

If you click on the Valentine's Day button at the bottom center of the screen, it shows the number of quests completed out of the total number of valentine quests. Mine reads Events Quests Progress 13/29.

fanyolan
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by fanyolan on Feb 16, 15 9:24 AM
"Rose Bouquet" is still available in Portland, it has been there since the beginning (at least for me)

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Feb 16, 15 11:42 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Valentine Cards

Rose Bouquet Timed quest Portland, Oregon will only available for 24 hours quote]
Sweet, time for an edit and some sleep perhaps LOL. =v=

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Feb 16, 15 3:13 PM
Thanks Oddly and wulfruna. I had Minnesota up to Amateur 5/10 and tried again twice for the gerberas, got them both. I guess a cat burglar got the ones I won the first time. LOL

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Feb 16, 15 3:32 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:, I like your hidden text approach..

Hihi, well, then this last one specially for you ChestnutHeights!

Below in white, you know the drill

Quest 1
-Find diving gear - Red Mine, Nevada
-Go Underwater - Capt M's yacht

Quest 2
-Find Silver soup tureen
-Find Golden Kicker
-Find the long bow
all 3 are at Cpt M's yacht, you get them all in one play.
No other V-day items then the 3x flowers

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 16, 15 4:01 PM
sanzi19 wrote:
ChestnutHeights wrote:, I like your hidden text approach..

Hihi, well, then this last one specially for you ChestnutHeights!

Below in white, you know the drill

Quest 1
-Find diving gear - Red Mine, Nevada
-Go Underwater - Capt M's yacht

Quest 2
-Find Silver soup tureen
-Find Golden Kicker
-Find the long bow
all 3 are at Cpt M's yacht, you get them all in one play.
No other V-day items then the 3x flowers

THANK YOU!!!

Go to: