Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by caleonard on Aug 10, 15 2:04 PM
I think the pricing structure of the game was set up incorrectly. I have never bought much of anything for two reasons: 1) I bought some jewels once, my money was taken but I never got the gems, 2) I feel the price for the items is too high. If the price for each item would drop to a much smaller amount, I would probably gladly nickel and dime myself to the higher amount but be happy about it along the way. I also think there should be a better track of purchases to make sure your jewels or bolgite don't disappear on you, and if they do, that you get a quick response to correct it.

Please Big Fish / Boomzap, consider changing the pricing structure so that you get enough buyers that you have the income to either continue updates or at least publish a final update. However a final update won't incent me to purchase on a regular basis, so that strategy would require a price for the final update that I would be willing to pay.

That is all I can think of right now. Any other ideas?

etk51
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by etk51 on Aug 13, 15 7:17 PM
Did anyone pay attention to the special for the day? One month free trial membership. Don't remember that happening before.

Nifer02
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Nifer02 on Aug 14, 15 4:23 PM
I wanted to add my feelings of disappointment in with all my fellows fishies. I have been playing this game daily since it came out and can't believe it was just cut off. We all have been looking forward to the next quests to find out what the future will bring. I do understand the difference in these types of games as far as the financial side, but so did the creators and BFG. I am disheartened by the fact that knowing this going in, they didn't have a plan to wrap it up to a conclusion on the event it stopped supporting itself.
I have tried a number of free to play games and this was one of few that I liked. I have purchased all the Awakening games, so to try this game was a no brainer to me. I loved it right away.
I hope someone is listening to all our pleas and will push forward for an acceptable conclusion to this issue as well as the game.

[Post New]by striver56 on Aug 17, 15 7:56 AM
Just here - again - to say this issue is not forgotten. Please get back to us with some sort of a plan to mitigate the way we have all been badly let down.

[Post New]by grannywillamae on Aug 19, 15 12:58 PM
I feel let down/give our money back.

Attie_1234
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Attie_1234 on Aug 20, 15 6:41 PM
Please complete this game. It is really the most enjoyable game and you should either complete it or put a disclaimer for new players that it is unfinished. It is not fair and so disappointing!

24gsma47
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 24gsma47 on Aug 21, 15 8:05 AM
I agree with so many of the other posters here. I truly enjoy the game because it requires some strategy and planning, not just mindless repetitive HO scenes - like Midnight Castle
I, along with many others, hope that you'll reconsider your decision. The visuals are so beautiful, the music and sounds are pleasing and the game is flat out fun!
To read that it just ends without any sort of resolution is very disappointing. Again, BFG, please reconsider!

[Post New]by Dresdencline on Aug 25, 15 9:25 AM
I just got back into playing this game and I have gotten very far with it. But there is still a lot to come, like getting further into Dark Tower and some areas inside the castle. Aside from buying the Pegacorn, I am out of quests and the game isn't any fun without them.

I know it's just a game, but I feel very betrayed right now--like all that time and money was for nothing. I truly resent being left dangling in the middle of the story and not being able to finish it. Shame on you, BF!

If you're not going to continue making updates for the game, then at least make one big final one so that we can finish it and have some closure. Would that really be so unreasonable?

Edited on 08/25/2015 at 9:33:46 AM PST

girlina
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by girlina on Aug 25, 15 3:03 PM
I would definitely pay to have more updates and/or an actual conclusion to this game. I've enjoyed playing this game much more than I have any other free to play game. I have refrained from spending any money on this because I already know from reading this forum that the game just... stops.

I like that this is a happier sort of game. I'm so tired of all of the HOGs filled with violence and murder. I like spooky and creepy stuff too, but not all of the time.

This game is imaginative and fun. I hope BF rethinks this decision.

[Post New]by Sora_Kitten on Aug 26, 15 3:18 AM
I am all for this. NOT fair...this is one of my FAVOURITE games. Please BF and BZ!

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on Aug 26, 15 2:35 PM
I have not bought any games from BF since I found out AW was cancelled. I wonder if everyone else who decided to stop buying posted here to let BF know how many customers they were losing, if it might make a difference. Just a thought.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Aug 27, 15 9:29 AM
50plusgamer wrote:I have not bought any games from BF since I found out AW was cancelled.

Neither me. I cancelled my membership, too.

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Aug 30, 15 1:49 PM
I AGREE

[Post New]by ladyratsb on Aug 30, 15 5:07 PM
I'm very disappointed that BF has decided to discontinue this game! This is the only free-to-play game that has captured my interest for any length of time. It is uniquely beautiful, sweet, and relaxing. I really hope you reconsider this decision!

Edited on 08/30/2015 at 8:27:36 PM PST

[Post New]by LittlestHobo on Sep 1, 15 12:05 AM
Well, after this month, I will be purchasing one more game to use up my credits and that will be it. I will no longer be a game club member. I will instead go to games on FB. I can play games for free there. BF ruined this for me and others. And I personally blame CD for their stewardship of BF. They are money grubbers and don't give a damn about their members or players. Sorry mods, but stuff rolls down from the top. I have waited until now for a more definitive response from above, instead the continued canned response from the mods. They know as much as we do and they are in the middle. Well, there's one less member for BFG. Maybe my monthly membership is just a drop in the bucket, but it will add up. Fool me once, but I won't be a patsy for a pseudo gambling site. Mods, you can chalk up another member leaving BF over the handling of AW. So goodbye and good luck.

[Post New]by striver56 on Sep 5, 15 7:37 AM
Still here, still waiting for BF/Boomzap to come up with a ray of hope for some sort of conclusion for this excellent game....

eden02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by eden02 on Sep 6, 15 8:37 AM
I also just cancelled my BF membership after many years!

moogie59
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by moogie59 on Sep 6, 15 2:30 PM
I've also cancelled my membership

[Post New]by koebek on Sep 9, 15 11:30 AM
I'll chime in to add my name to the list. I, too, would be willing to pay for a finale to the game - for the developers to abandon it unfinished is insensitive to the game's players, to put it mildly. It feels like bad faith from a business point of view to create a product so engaging and enchanting and then simply drop it for whatever the actual reasons are. (I'm not naive enough to think that corporate decisions put much, if any, weight upon the feelings of the consumer, but it's sad to see yet another example of this culture's total disregard for the end user.)

This game is uniquely detailed, admirably so - I feel badly for the artists and creative team who obviously put a tremendous amount of work into this, only to have it taken away before they could do it justice. This is the only FTP game I have truly enjoyed and really devoted any time to, and while I started playing it after the decision was made to halt any further updates (something I did not realize that until I came here looking for help on a quest), I continued because I knew there was enough left to keep me going for a while. (Could also be a bit of masochism, knowing I would only become more attached and thus more irritated when it reached its inevitable end.)

I would like to commend the artists and programmers for giving us such a beautiful game - I've been playing for a few months now, and I still find small details I hadn't noticed before. That kind of attention and care is rare in the usual HOPA games, which I find riddled with typos and inconsistencies...you know, the ones we pay up front for. I've invested a little bit of money into buying crystals; while on one hand I think it's a bit underhanded for Big Fish to continue accepting money from subscribers for something that will not be finished, I can also see that it's the player's prerogative to choose to spend the money if it improves their experience. I just wish they were more transparent about it - state up front upon beginning this game that it is and will remain unfinished, that's only fair.

What it comes down to is that it's a tremendous disappointment that such a work of art that has provided relaxation and enjoyment to so many people has been abandoned so carelessly by the powers that be. I hope the creative team knows their work was more than appreciated, and that the business end has gotten wind of the anger at its cancellation.

[Post New]by koebek on Sep 9, 15 11:39 AM
...and because I apparently write more than I realize, I'll make my last point here. I sincerely doubt any of our protests will make a difference - I'm sure there's a definitive amount of money that would be required to make it worth the company's time and efforts to provide an end to this game. Even if it's not as developed and beautiful as it would deserve, any sense of finality would be welcome.

To that end, does anyone know if something along the lines of a Kickstarter campaign could do the trick? A la "here's the amount of money needed to finish it to X degree, if we raise it, then we know we won't lose money on it"...there doesn't seem to be a much more viable way of getting anything to happen otherwise. The mods can only do so much to deliver our messages...whether they're read and therefore heard by the people who have the power to do anything is up to them. It's easy to ignore words...cash influx, different story.

I'll stop rambling now...I'll keep a tiny shred of hope alive. I know, it's a game, it's not the end of the world and my life isn't about to come crashing down. It's just a disappointment to see something so entertaining and lovely for so many get choked off and rudely abandoned. That this many people have added their voices to this appeal is testament on its own to how great this game is/was. Thanks everyone for posting so much...I hope someone's voice gets through!

Go to: