bfgIlinalta
2,029 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Free the Witch here

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 2, 16 10:08 AM
Hello clarayarrow,

I'm sorry that the game is crashing for you when you win the level. We certainly want you to be able to continue enjoying Free the Witch, so I definitely recommend trying out some of the help articles if you haven't already. The following article may be able to assist with the mouse not working so well by following the steps under the following page's Section 2 titled "Update your video card driver":

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Sometimes, a driver update can resolve issues encountered in our games with a mouse moving slowly or a game not responding as expected. However, if that doesn't seem to help out, or the issues continue even after trying some troubleshooting steps, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Also, I wanted to swim by and remind everyone to please try their best when posting to our forums to follow our Forum Rules, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Stay within the law. Promoting or encouraging illegal activities is not allowed.

We certainly want everyone to feel welcome and able to participate in our forums, so we ask that everyone treats others with respect and also ask that everyone does their best to stay within the law with their posts and not encourage illegal behavior. Thank you all for understanding how this makes our forums more family-friendly for all-ages to enjoy and also helps provides a safe place to discuss games with others.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by bbwyldflowers on Oct 8, 16 9:11 AM
I am up to Level 190 in The Great Ocean. I've many times the game has frozen up on my and I've had to use task manager to close it and when I'd go back into it, I had lost everything I had gained in the last level played.
Now, my goals are to collect one more essence orb and 5 sickles, collect yellow, red & blue crystals to open portals and activate all 3 portals. I've not collected any crystals, can't find them. Can't find the orb or the sickles. And, all 3 portals are already open and I've played level 1 in them several times, but, can't get any further. I know several other players have named these same problems. Has anyone figured it out or am I stuck right where I'm at? I've posted questions in one of the other forums, "Spoilers", but, no one replies at all. I hope I can get a reply here as I can't get through the gate at Level 190 now.

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 11, 16 9:50 AM
Hi bbwyldflowers,

I'm sorry to hear that there you are experiencing various issues in your Free the Witch game. In regards to the freezing issues, it may be helpful to look at the following help articles for troubleshooting steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to occur, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can.

In regards to the items that are needed to progress forward, please be sure to look at all the levels. Oftentimes certain tiers of levels will have these items to obtain. Once that tier is completed, the items will be credited to your game.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by bbwyldflowers on Oct 11, 16 11:05 AM
I do run as administrator and have checked all in posts...they are all negative saying freezes, etc. keep happening.
As far as the items I'm missing, one orb and one sickle....I have completed all the tiers up through Level 190 and I don't find any more.
Please help.
Thank you.
bbwyldflowers

bfgIlinalta
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 13, 16 11:14 AM
Hello bbwyldflowers,

Thank you for letting us know what you are seeing. Since it sounds like you've already attempted those preliminary troubleshooting steps that bfgBellerophon has provided, then I also recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Unfortunately, the forums are not a great place to continue troubleshooting a technical issue beyond those preliminary steps, however our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team and they're always happy to help.

Thank you for your patience and for taking the time to let us know that those steps were unable to help in this circumstance.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by clovebear on Oct 19, 16 11:26 AM
I'm in Snowy Meadows and my machines and closed portals are not producing moon dust, books, tickets etc. How do I make them produce as the other lands are?

[Post New]by turtle745 on Oct 19, 16 3:06 PM
I put this game on my laptop using windows 10 and love the game. Played the game one night and when I tried to play the next night everything I had built or won was lost. Everything was at 0, have tried to play and it only collects the money nothing else. I can't get pass level 120 because the game won't collect and keep anything. Everything in the woodlands needed to be rebuilt and won't stay boxes are still open and portal are closed and won't open.
Thanks Mary

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 21, 16 9:35 AM
Hi clovebear and turtle745,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Free the Witch game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should.

clovebear, the appropriate teams are aware of the issues surrounding Snowy Meadows. If you would like to aid in the investigation, you are welcome to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can. If the Moderation Team is aware of any information regarding this issue, we will update the forums.

turtle745, I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to collect items in your game. It may be helpful to refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps:

If you find that the issues still persist, please let the support team know. A Dr. Felix Report is also helpful for this issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

rossy_64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rossy_64 on Oct 23, 16 2:58 AM
Just wanted to inform those here that I was playing the game just fine, won a level, chose another & found the shuffle symbol taking up the middle of the page. tried all suggestions in the help page & nothing works...

Really like this game even though things are getting frustrating. will talk about that elsewhere.

Here's hoping a new update comes along sometime in the near future with fixes.

With Regards,
rossy_64

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 25, 16 8:52 AM
Hi rossy_64,

I'm sorry to hear that the steps in the help pages didn't help resolve your issue. Thank you for taking the time to try the suggested troubleshooting steps. It is highly recommended to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to further assist based on your computer's configurations. They also have the tools to gather this data to bring to the appropriate teams to aid in the investigation of issues.

Once any information regarding the issues presented in the forums is brought to our attention, we will update the forums. If an update is available, we will post in the following thread:

UPDATE! New version available for Free the Witch - June 23, 2016

We greatly appreciate everyone's patience. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

JohnTonkin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Oct 28, 16 4:25 PM
I've completed all three boards for FTW and been playing for the extra bonuses and the rewards from the houses and mines and statues.
The game locked or something on exit and had to use windows shutdown the program option. When I just went back in, I still had all the progress on the levels, except that all houses mines and statues were destroyed. I had to pay 180 gold to get the houses and mines back to first level. The statues want various crystals and artifacts to recover them, but I can't find where to get them. What do I do now? Uninstall and forget the game?
Help Please!

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 31, 16 9:15 AM
Hi JohnTonkin,

I'm sorry to hear that when accessing your game, certain items seem to be missing. It may be helpful to look at the following help article for troubleshooting steps instead of uninstalling:

If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can. They have the tools to provide assistance based on your computer's configurations.

bfgBellerophon

mising red gem

[Post New]by Celticlady101 on Nov 7, 16 5:48 PM
I am missing the red gem on the woodland levels I have all levels gold

[Post New]by JennieJennie22 on Nov 8, 16 7:47 PM
I'm having technical issues with my resources not working on the 2nd & 3rd maps of the game. Because of this I cannot advance & cast spells as easy because I don't have enough resources so I have to waste time playing old levels in order to gain more resources. This is ridiculous & will make me walk away from this fun game.

bfgIlinalta
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 9, 16 12:24 PM
Hello Celticlady101 and JennieJennie22,

I apologize for the issues that have been experienced with Free the Witch. I'd like to try to provide some assistance that may be able to help out, as well as how to reach out to our Support Team for additional assistance or to provide us more information about the issues being seen.

The first thing I recommend for both situations is to try to play the game with elevated privileges if it isn't already by running the game as an Administrator using the following steps:

By running the game as an Administrator, the game will have all the permissions it needs to play as expected, and sometimes this set of steps can clear up when an item doesn't seem to be appearing or when resources are not working as expected.

If those steps do not seem to help or if you've already attempted them without the issue being resolved, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Using this data, our Reps may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps to attempt, and they will also be able to send any information necessary for investigation to the right teams for issues that troubleshooting does not solve. Our Reps will be sure to respond as quickly as they can and are always happy to help out in any way they can.

Thank you for your understanding, and your patience most of all. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me directly or to PM any of our active Moderators. We are also happy to listen and will help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Arjuna12
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Arjuna12 on Nov 9, 16 4:23 PM
I have a problem with the statue beside level 58. The icon says it has 4/5 yellow horus eye medaillons or whatever it is. And behind the icon there's a ticket icon, which the statues normally give.
Problem is, I beat all 100 levels in all 3 grades in woodland. It's not possible that there is an item missing. It's more of a bug that it doesn't display right and I can't get this ticket each day to play with the fortune wheel Restarting the game doesn't help, neither does reinstalling.

Another bug I get frequently when I beat that black witch every 8 hours. Often it shows as reward a sword spell and a black ticket. But when I go to Atlantis to use the black ticket, it says: 0. Sometimes I get the ticket, but often I don't, altho it's in the rewards window.

bfgBellerophon
8,044 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 10, 16 10:38 AM
Hi Arjuna12,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with a particular scene in this particular game. It may be helpful to look at the following help articles for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve this issue:

By ensuring that your graphics driver is updated and running the game as an administrator, the game will have the correct specifications and permissions to run as it should.

If you continue to experience issues, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can. They do have the tools to provide assistance based on your computer's configurations.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Maryann04426 on Nov 11, 16 5:45 AM

Having trouble with Free the Witch

[Post New]by Maryann04426 on Nov 11, 16 2:49 AM
Hello This is Maryann Faucher,
I've been having trouble with Free the Witch. Everytime i try opening it up to play the game it's telling me this> (Free the Witch has crashed). It's totally getting me very angry with it. It's also saying the same things with my other free games.It seems i can't play neither of my games. What is Wrong with the Games?

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Nov 12, 16 4:42 AM
Hello again,

Three problems.

1. Completed portal statues are stuck in dual mode- I need one gem and I have one ticket to collect. Both cannot coexist. This occurs in two 'cities'.

2. Exiting the game leaves the "game" cursor stuck in control of my desktop. I cannot click on anything within the desktop. I have to restart my computer to combat this.

3. I cannot progress past level 160. Level 158 had a puzzle offshoot that I failed on first attempts(s). The next day "Evil Prim" took hold of level 158. As a result the tributary levels projecting from level 158 vanished. I cannot continue.

I am not bothering to send any reports to any BFG technical team as I cannot see them resolving this. This can only be fixed via update from the developer.

[Removed by Moderator]

Annoyed,

Jenifer

Edited on 11/13/2016 at 5:16:00 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 13, 16 5:38 PM
Hello Maryann04426 and Jenifer_Rule,

Thank you for taking the time to report these issues to the designated technical issues thread. I wanted to drop by with some assistance if possible, as well as how to reach out to our Support Team if more help is necessary.

First of all, Maryann04426, it appears that I was able to answer this request from another post before I locked it. I wanted to reach out here as well to provide the steps I provided for the crashing issue you are seeing across multiple games which can be read here: Having trouble with Free the Witch.

For players seeing crashes in multiple games like above, please review our steps on the Help Pages as they may be able to quickly resolve that issue. The following pages are useful for when a PC game is crashing or freezing with the latter link being useful for the Windows 10 operating system:

Windows 10

Jenifer_Rule, I am sorry that those issues are affecting your game. I would like to clarify what sending our Support Team the Dr. Felix Report helps with since it sounds like there may be some misunderstanding about what that information helps with. When issues such as this occur and our preliminary troubleshooting steps are unable to resolve the issue, writing to our Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report helps us to start investigating the issue for the appropriate teams who are working on the game itself. Our Reps and the Forum Moderation Team will send this information that is gathered to those teams so that they can have it available to investigate why these particular profiles are being affected by these issues.

Message continues...

Go to: