Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Mar 25, 13 8:02 PM
BigFish this is for the Blue Tea representative. I have just reloaded Briar Rose, got a new computer, and played it for the first time in a very long time. I would like you to note that I have all the Dark Parables series and play them repeatedly. Briar Rose has lost nothing in the intervening years. The only thing that has come since her inception was the clickable map. But, the game remains exceptional for those of us that enjoy the FROG games. While impatiently awaiting your next offering I will continue through the Parable fables. I am sure that all the fishie fans agree and implore, please hurry.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jul 20, 13 4:50 PM
This Dark Parables game just didn't do it for me. I've played three of the other Dark Parables games and absolutely loved all of them.

There were way too may HOS and FROGs. I like a few scattered throughout a game, but there seemed to be one every time I turned a corner.

Reading the other threads in the forums, there appeared to be a lot of confusion at the end of the game. There is a locked door at the bottom of the well that no one really knew how to get through (apparently it happens when you replay the game in Hard mode). Some were confused as to how to get into the area of the game that is blocked off with briars (I believe this is the bonus chapter at the end). Just a few too many things that left me wondering if I missed something.

There is no interactive map, and one was probably needed for this game. Sometimes I had to go to the first scene and travel through the other scenes until I found the one I needed.

On the plus side, the storyline and music and graphics were very well done. There were a couple of wallpapers that I did save to my computer.

All in all, I don't think this Dark Parables game is as well done as the other ones.

Go to: