prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Love & Death ™: Bitten ™

[Post New]by prpldva on May 14, 10 2:32 PM
I finally got around to playing thin one and really enjoyed it! Nice graphics and game play. Looking forward to the sequel!

[Post New]by anbumeyo on May 14, 10 4:47 PM
I love this game!! Didn't like the ending but can defiantly see a where a sequel could spring from. I would recommend this game to anyone.

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on May 16, 10 5:48 PM
My wife is the one who usually picks out the games that we buy. I trust her judgment on most of these. I finally got around to playing this game this week end.

I recommend this game if you like good stories with a mixture of **** scenes and rather straightforward puzzles. If you have not played this game, be careful reading any more because there may be some spoilers.

I don't really recall how long it took to get through, but the storyline was good, the graphics were OK and the mix of **** and puzzle parts was, for me at least, fairly balanced. I do have one complaint: some of the Hidden Objects were extremely difficult to find. I had to use the Hint button more often than I like to do. I also was a bit disappointed with the ending, but at least it did set up a sequel. So I guess we will have to wait to have a final resolution.

I also have a comment on the puzzle in the forest. There were no good directions given and the relation between the numbers on the left wall and the grid on the right wall was not clear at all. I had to get hints to figure out which object went with which color.

Maybe someone can PM me and tell me the relation. That is also one of my complaints with the walk through. It does not explain how the logic works, it just gives the answer and we move on. I like to know how things relate.

Overall, I would give this a 7 out of 10. That one puzzle in the forest detracted from the game for me.

LocO^Owl
\

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on May 17, 10 10:06 AM
Just finished with the game and I must say it was delightful.

beautiful graphics, scary rooms, vampires, birds, skeletons. Just plain fun.
go BFG!!!!!

I give this little game a out of 5.

corkidorki
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by corkidorki on May 18, 10 8:31 PM
Great game! Just spent most of my afternoon + playing this. Don`t usually go for cartoon-ish stories. Not into a lot of dialog, but, given a chance, this is a great game,and, turn on the volume so you can hear it. There are alot of great moments that you`ll miss. Kudos to the developers of this, hopefully they will make more like this. Played 40 mins of first demo, didn`t grab me. Did another download, at another site a couple weeks later, and, great game. But, this is meant for Big Fish people, Great game. Had lots of fun!!

corkidorki
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by corkidorki on May 18, 10 9:01 PM
locoowl wrote:My wife is the one who usually picks out the games that we buy. I trust her judgment on most of these. I finally got around to playing this game this week end.

I recommend this game if you like good stories with a mixture of **** scenes and rather straightforward puzzles. If you have not played this game, be careful reading any more because there may be some spoilers.

I don't really recall how long it took to get through, but the storyline was good, the graphics were OK and the mix of **** and puzzle parts was, for me at least, fairly balanced. I do have one complaint: some of the Hidden Objects were extremely difficult to find. I had to use the Hint button more often than I like to do. I also was a bit disappointed with the ending, but at least it did set up a sequel. So I guess we will have to wait to have a final resolution.

I also have a comment on the puzzle in the forest. There were no good directions given and the relation between the numbers on the left wall and the grid on the right wall was not clear at all. I had to get hints to figure out which object went with which color.

Maybe someone can PM me and tell me the relation. That is also one of my complaints with the walk through. It does not explain how the logic works, it just gives the answer and we move on. I like to know how things relate.

Overall, I would give this a 7 out of 10. That one puzzle in the forest detracted from the game for me.

LocO^Owl
\

corkidorki
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by corkidorki on May 18, 10 9:09 PM
Agree with your take on the forest puzzle. There was nothing for you to make of it. Had to use hints, which I hate. Used one and then went from there. But, It still never made sense. Studied it for awhile? What the???

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on May 20, 10 4:55 PM
Played the game in one evening. It's definately worth it's money, but I found it a little less challenging then I had hoped it would be. I'll play it again some time.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 20, 10 5:34 PM
corkidorki wrote:Agree with your take on the forest puzzle. There was nothing for you to make of it. Had to use hints, which I hate. Used one and then went from there. But, It still never made sense. Studied it for awhile? What the???

There is a forest puzzle thread and I posted a spoiler in it. Once you know the logic, it makes sense. At the time I'm posting this it's about halfway down on the first page of this forum. The thread title is: "forest".

kickenbass
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by kickenbass on May 29, 10 3:44 PM
5 star game, 10 pt rating, Enjoyment level - - everything about this game is a MUST HAVE.

Happy Spring

Ms. Q

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 5, 10 11:50 AM
coha92 wrote:For mother's day I just ask my husband to give me a few games. I bought 10 games total with the mother's day coupon. I was waiting for Love & Death: Bitten because I liked the demo. It was worth to wait... I finished and I LOVE IT!!! No easy, no difficult. The unexpected...the end...it seems like we'll have Love & Death:....something else. I'll keep my eyes on that.
Last week I was disappointed in two games I played, but this one was EXCELLENT! Thank you for bringing games like this.

Absolutely agree with all comments. I really hope there is the start of a series. Challenging, beautiful graphics, and great story line. Bring the next one on.....

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Aug 5, 10 8:20 PM
From the hero to the player, everyone gets bitten by something in this fabulous game. For the hero, that's (obviously) not so good. For the player, it's not so bad most of the time.

Pros:
--- a coherent storyline that flows well
--- the voiceovers, when used, are decent quality and there are no dialogue boxes with abbreviated dialogue running with them to distract you
--- beautiful, clear graphics - no grainy, fuzzy scenes here
--- the gameplay is smooth and fairly intuitive, but there are some sparkles to help you along
--- the HOG scenes keep the "velcro" to a minimum and are more along the lines of busy, cluttered rooms than disorganized junkpiles making the items findable if you just have patience and keep looking; there may be a penalty for too many misclicks in a row, but it doesn't really matter since you're not on a timer
--- the hint system is limitless and doesn't take long to refill
--- the minigames and puzzles are challenging, but not so challenging you want to smash the monitor; most tie into the narrative of the game very well and can be skipped if you'd like

Cons:
--- there is no timed option - that's not a con for me, but I know it is for some
--- the ending is less than satisfying; although it does a good job setting up the possibility of a sequel

Will Probably Appeal To: those who like vampires and iHOG adventures

Will Probably Not Appeal To: those who don't like iHOG adventures, vampires, unsatisfying endings

My Overall Impression: I enjoyed the game a lot. The gameplay was intuitive and smooth. The storyline was coherent and advanced throughout the game. The HOG scenes and minigames/puzzles felt like they had a reason for existing rather than simply being thrown together or pasted onto the story. The only drawback for me was the ending - although I will admit it made sense and did an excellent job setting up the possibility of a seque

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 6, 10 1:05 PM
Nice review, TnTexas. It covers about everything and is well thought out.

happyu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by happyu on Sep 11, 10 1:25 PM
I hope they make a sequel to this game. I love the weird stuff, like vampires and werewolves. I hope that the new version of the game can let me get that box out of Victoria's hand. But I am confused about one thing. I don't get the crows? Can anyone clue me in???

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 18, 10 7:13 PM
happyu wrote:I hope they make a sequel to this game. I love the weird stuff, like vampires and werewolves. I hope that the new version of the game can let me get that box out of Victoria's hand. But I am confused about one thing. I don't get the crows? Can anyone clue me in???

The crows are just a creepy way of letting you know you have a hidden object scene to do. I'm not sure why they came up with a crow. Maybe Celeste or Damon has a pet crow...

[Post New]by blondie55 on Oct 7, 10 11:22 PM
Loved this game, music's great, so are the graphics,and story line. It all fits My question? when is the sequel? Great job BF and PlayFirst.

mutemia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mutemia on Oct 9, 10 12:52 AM
I truly enjoyed this vampire game. Everything from the puzzles to the graphics was incredibly well done. I also liked that you switched between characters. I hope the sequel comes out soon.

[Post New]by Meka3633 on Oct 12, 10 8:15 AM
LOVE this game. I bought the full version immediately after the trial expired. Still waiting for the sequel. I think this is the only HOG I've ever played through multiple times. Good story, good graphics, items aren't overly easy to find. You really have to think on how to advance through some areas. I had to use the walk through blog a couple of times, which is ok by me. Really, really enjoyed this game!

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 12, 10 10:41 AM
I loved this game as well, especially the game play. It was something different.
I liked the story with its (not soooo surprising) twists and I followed the "evil" path and I don't regret it!

Edited on 10/12/2010 at 11:03:20 AM PST

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

5 Fishes!

[Post New]by joyzebra on Oct 16, 10 6:25 PM
Wow, this game is terrific! Hope you all bought it!

Go to: