Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 4, 10 2:12 AM
Sorry to disagree, I'm an animal lover, before getting horrified at a game, you should spend a day in the equivalent of our French SPA (Société Protectrice des Animaux) then you will see what ill treatments towards animals can be and, if you have the nerve, you'll quit your games for one day in the week and help there the dedicated people who really love animals. This being said, I see that the game is issued as a DD today, it's well worth the money. An excellent, fun game, with lot's of animals..........

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Dec 4, 10 6:08 AM
Poutoule wrote:Sorry to disagree, I'm an animal lover, before getting horrified at a game, you should spend a day in the equivalent of our French SPA (Société Protectrice des Animaux) then you will see what ill treatments towards animals can be and, if you have the nerve, you'll quit your games for one day in the week and help there the dedicated people who really love animals. This being said, I see that the game is issued as a DD today, it's well worth the money. An excellent, fun game, with lot's of animals..........

I am with you on this one Poutoule.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 4, 10 1:29 PM
Poutoule wrote:Sorry to disagree, I'm an animal lover, before getting horrified at a game, you should spend a day in the equivalent of our French SPA (Société Protectrice des Animaux) then you will see what ill treatments towards animals can be and, if you have the nerve, you'll quit your games for one day in the week and help there the dedicated people who really love animals. This being said, I see that the game is issued as a DD today, it's well worth the money. An excellent, fun game, with lot's of animals..........

Bonjour Poutoule,

Big Fish probably will come in as this is not game related.
I am shocked. I am french but have lived in the US for a long time. I am also an animal lover and always thought french people were very kind to the animals as they are accepted everywhere in France even in restaurants. I love animals and am dismayed.

[Post New]by blueswolf83 on Dec 4, 10 10:43 PM
Pretty cool game. Not very often you have this much fun on a DD game.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Dec 4, 10 11:00 PM
Game has various mini games that will tickle your brain. The graphics are superb, and the game is outstanding. Lots of animations and interaction feats that will entertain you. No, you will not be bored to tears with this game. It will keep you laughing to tears. This is definitely a good buy. Lov'n It!

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Dec 9, 10 7:36 PM
Definitely a game for the 8 -14 year age group. It was too repetitive and single minded for me. Very good graphics, easy puzzles and good hints made it easy to play. No need for a walkthrough.
Recommend it for the kiddies.
I wish BFG had a rating system so one could see what age group a game was intended for.
A solid 6/10.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jan 14, 11 10:23 AM
I liked the first game in this series and this one is even better! I liked the silly tone of the game and the variety of puzzles. It was interesting that they included several reaction/time-based puzzles, which is out of the norm for HOGs.

I would have had more fun with those if I'd been playing the game on my desktop, but I was on my MacBook Pro (with the stupid "you have to click the entire trackpad to click!" trackpad), so I had to plug in a mouse and use my other laptop as a mousing surface (I was determined not to leave my bed!)

The artwork was really pretty. It reminded me of an updated higher-res Monkey Island game. The story of how the curse came to be was moderately interesting, but nothing special. I enjoyed the different pirates more and how they all had distinct personalities. It was also funny how they'd react grumpily when you did something to bother them.

I enjoyed this one a lot!

diggermonty wrote:Definitely a game for the 8 -14 year age group...
I wish BFG had a rating system so one could see what age group a game was intended for.

I'm not sure what the point would be since 99% of the games on this site could be finished by a 12-year-old with no problem. Mature content (e.g. the Redrum series) would be the only thing that might make a Bigfish game inappropriate for younger kids.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 25, 11 6:56 AM
The graphics are brilliant! The gameplay is IHOG with HOG and skippable minigames. Most of the minigames are extremely easy, but a few are challenging and make you think. The storyline is interesting, and Capn Guywood made me laugh so hard tear came out of my eyes. Fun game!

This game is an A.

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on Apr 15, 11 4:43 PM
This game is a diamond! I loved every bit of it! More games should be as funny and entertaining as this one Refreshingly different - my recommendations! I think I'm gonna play this one again sometime soon

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on May 4, 11 6:48 PM
the turtle race?? give me a break! holding the mouse down does no good at directing the errant turtle which is yours. Once again (!) no help from the walkthrough - hopefully they didn't get paid more than a bottle o' rum!

d0080b
Stingray
Stingray
5,334 Posts

[Post New]by d0080b on May 15, 11 4:35 AM
Nice graphics, subject matter and storyline seem to be for the pre-teen set, I uninstalled, may pick it up later when there's nothing more exciting to play.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Jul 5, 11 6:57 PM
Thanks everyone! Your comments inspired me to buy without trying the demo. The theme is a hoot, the graphics are great and the music is fun. I'm lovin' it! Kudos to for making the pond a happy place.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 6, 11 2:55 PM
Good thing I only paid $2.99 for this one. HOG, after HOG, after HOG. So if you are into HOGs...you LOVE this game. Mini games which were part of the Interactive HOG scene, could be tough at times. Definately had to use your logical head sometimes b, but still not enough for me to say "it was a great game and I enjoyed it".
And the ending is really weak.....not a good way to end after crawling through that cave!

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jul 9, 11 3:23 PM
Although this game really needs no further review I still felt compelled to offer mine.

This is a very good game although short. The CE adds additional play extending the time of play. The extra bonus chapter was indeed value add.

The accolades offered by other forum posters with regards to the art work are right on.

The game did hold possibilities of being in the class of a great HOG. It fell short in that regard however the game to me was well worth the play.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jul 21, 11 11:11 PM
KimiKanda wrote:Game has various mini games that will tickle your brain. The graphics are superb, and the game is outstanding. Lots of animations and interaction feats that will entertain you. No, you will not be bored to tears with this game. It will keep you laughing to tears. This is definitely a good buy. Lov'n It!

Great Game! Loved the humor and unique mini-games. What a creative way to design a game with the finding like objects and then the H0 scene. I really liked the way it was done. The artists who created some of the hilariously funny scenes needs a big Kudo for a great job!!

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Sep 2, 11 8:27 PM
very cute game, I liked it alot

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Sep 2, 11 8:39 PM
This game is one of the best .The artistry is phenominal and the gameplay is smooth and a lot of fun

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 9, 11 8:08 AM
With a little help from BFG Hondo with "The Scrolls" I made it to the end . What a great game !!! So different from the asylums , haunted houses ,missing brothers and general doom and gloom ! This game was fun made me laugh and also use my brain !!!Sorry it had to end ...MORE LIKE THIS PLEASE .... Games should be fun and I have had not had a laugh from many of the recent offerings even though they have been good games Thanks Devs and GFG

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Nov 9, 11 8:10 AM
OOPS meant BFG !!!!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 26, 12 3:15 AM
Guess I'm just not a Robinson Crusoe kind of girl, but this is a really unique hidden object/ puzzle game. Too many puzzles for me, because I don't like to try to work them, but I have to say, the puzzles weren't overly complex and I actually was able to solve one of them. I loved the graphics and interactivity of the HOS. Like others have said, some of the scenes made me laugh out loud. I just couldn't get into the story and got bored after a while. I think every chapter was solved pretty much the same: find x-number of things, solve a puzzle, find some objects. So not much variety there, and for me, there were too many puzzles.

I think it's definitely worth a try, though. You might love it.

Go to: