chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Nov 2, 14 9:21 AM
PearkMay wrote:
Starcraftdiva wrote:How do I replace the 'lightbulb' for the Friends/Social icon? It no longer sparkles to let me know when gifts or invitations arrive? Sparkles stopped about three days ago (Oct 27, 2014).

I also have the same problem. Also the tournament doesn't work. It just says tournament ended prize 20 participants o.

I thought it was just me Not too bothered, now I know it doesn't light - I just check it when I log in and before I log out. I just wish they would do the same with the HOS - get rid of the dumb sparklies when you collect items, as they obscure others items and the words on the list!

Edited on 11/13/2014 at 2:42:41 PM PST

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Nov 2, 14 7:34 PM
My screen went dark last night. Don't know if it was me or you, but I heard the music like the ship landed and clicked on my mouse trying to find my way out of this. Next thing I knew, I re-energized my pet, the turtle, which cost me over 220 diamonds. Very sad for me because I held on to those diamonds like they were real. At this point I am not sure what happened, but these diamonds need to be returned. All I require is a yes or no answer from Big Fish. Then I will make my plans to continue on or gift everyone.

[Post New]by meg1324 on Nov 3, 14 12:50 AM
"Same problem as others - all my playing yesterday was for nothing as today it has reset to the previous point. What's up with that??? "

I have the same problem. I have to do the same things many times because progress does not saved.

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Nov 3, 14 6:53 AM
Okay BF guys. today I am eating humble pie. I reported last night my computer screen dimmed, then went dark. I moved the mouse trying to back out of one of the rooms and instead of hitting the back button, hit the corner where a pet was. I heard the tune like the airship had returned but that was not it. Much to my surprise I saw that I no longer had 253 or so diamonds, it was now down to 39. I realized I just woke up the pet. Too bad for me. What I later found out was the cable had some how become loose from the monitor. Can't explain it, since it is supposed to be firmly attached, but it was almost all the way out. Anyway, it has been fixed and everything is working fine so far. So, it is my fault, not a tech issue involving BF, and I apologize. Now let me go eat that humble pie while the coffee is still hot.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Nov 3, 14 8:25 AM
LOL PM.........hate it when that happens!

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Nov 3, 14 2:15 PM
Don't you know it. That's what I get for trying to wander around in the dark.

[Post New]by meg1324 on Nov 4, 14 2:36 AM
Again I lost all my progress. I'm fed up with doing the same things AGAIN! Are you going to do something with this?

Edited on 11/04/2014 at 2:37:17 AM PST

[Post New]by ravenhearstrave on Nov 4, 14 1:11 PM
I have contacted Tech Support several times since mid October about installing an update, only to find that I have lost 3 levels of play. Despite assurances and another update, this issue has not been resolved.I get cordial replies, but no action, no offer to reimburse me for real money I have spent and no fix, nor any idea when there might be a fix.

Below, is the latest communication I sent to Tech Support.

"I saw that another update for Midnight Castle was available. I just installed it and see that I am still at Level 25, instead of Level 28. This has been happening since mid-October. I have enjoyed the game, but I think I may be done with it. In light of the fact that players are "motivated" to spend real dollars to expedite game play, especially when the number of "gold coins" required to open a new area goes up exponentially to 10,0000, it is unreasonable to expect a player to "regress" to a prior level, replay 3 levels, or more, and spend more real money. Nowhere is there any advisory that a player may be required to regress to an earlier level and pay, AGAIN, to expedite game play. There should be so that players can decide whether or not they want to, literally, throw money away.

I know that there is no "requirement" to spend real dollars but, being absolutely realistic about this, let's just say that there is a strong incentive to do so, when the "rewards" that are earned stay at low levels (10 gold coins for every "flower") and virtually no diamonds, while the price to open a new area skyrockets. Honestly, what player would continue to play if there was no way to efficiently earn sufficient coins/diamonds to continue on? How many times should a player have to repeat the HOS and look for flowers to click, when the game movement is slowed down to a crawl b/c demand far outstrips supply?

The concept for this game is great! I wish I had developed it. It yields far more money, I'm guessing, than the purchase of any other type of game offering on the site.

I think that I've been patient with this process, but I don't really believe that anything has been done to ameliorate the situation and restore my Level back to 28. Some of the comments in the Forum suggest that others have had the same problem. It is almost like "bait and switch" and I don't like it. The trust I had in Big Fish and in Elephant Games has been diminished by this experience. It really takes the fun out of a game for which I spend real, discretionary money."

[Post New]by BoxerIsis on Nov 5, 14 2:05 PM
For the last week the "sparkles" are missing from the Social icon when a gift is there waiting for me. I have talked to another person with the same issue.

I would like the sparkles back because it makes it easier. I often forget to check for gifts without it.

Midnight Castle not counting items, not paying coins etc.

[Post New]by Del_Boy_2 on Nov 5, 14 2:58 PM
Help Needed.
Fading flowers not giving me gold coins at times. Achievement Page NOT counting crates sent by Airship. (stuck on 435 of 500) I have been playing a total of 11d-16h-50Min (264 hours plus) Now on level 22, with 1275/1760 gold stars, 95,162 coins, 469 Diamonds, With 519 quests. HOSs 4,580 and 3860 flowers found. I have three pets and 21 pages of inventory. I would like the faults sorted out, but NOT TO LOOSE ALL I HAVE EARNED. Plus this forum would not let me sign in with my user name of Del Boy. So I had to sign in with Del Boy 2. Not very impressed at the moment. Is there anyone who can help with the gliches in the game. My friend ID: 340913. Thanks for any help given I am very grateful.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Nov 5, 14 4:06 PM
BoxerIsis wrote:For the last week the "sparkles" are missing from the Social icon when a gift is there waiting for me. I have talked to another person with the same issue.

I would like the sparkles back because it makes it easier. I often forget to check for gifts without it.

I too have had no glow on the Social icon for a few days. I thought I had gotten nothing so was surprised when I went to the social page to change one of my wishes, and found 7 gifts waiting on me. LOL

onlyJudyA
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by onlyJudyA on Nov 5, 14 4:18 PM
BoxerIsis wrote:For the last week the "sparkles" are missing from the Social icon when a gift is there waiting for me. I have talked to another person with the same issue.

I'm having the same problem. I also forget to check regularly for gifts. Please bring back SPARKLES ! Thanks.

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 4:19:51 PM PST

kimy444
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by kimy444 on Nov 6, 14 7:11 PM
Hi all, I just submitted the following, along with a Dr. Felix report, to the Tech guys, but thought I would post it hear to see if any of you have any insight or advice for me. Thanks

I have been playing MC since last January, and am now on level 41. For the first six months I had many frustrating problems with the game, and almost gave it up on several occasions, but I hung in there and was glad I did. It has been working really well since the summer, and is by far my favorite BFG....that is, until the Tournament Lobby was added. On the first day it was available I was able to participate in a tournament, but since then every time I go to the Tournament Lobby screen it is empty. The screen frame and titles are there, ie: 'Position', 'Player Info' etc, and the Raven is there sitting on a scroll that says 'game over', but that's it, there is no game to play. I finally researched it on your 'help' pages, and realize now that I am supposed to be getting information on, and an invitation to, the next game when I go to the TL screen, but I never have and I'd really like to participate. Are others having this problem? Can it be fixed?

The second MC issue I have is with the icon of the guy who takes you to the Social screen. Until recently he/it lit up whenever someone sent me a gift, or wanted to be a friend, but he/it doesn't light up anymore, so I just have to keep checking. Again, are other's experiencing this problem and can it be fixed?

The last issue I have is with the Eggs and the Treasure Chests; I'm at level 41 and I've never gotten either. I've won a couple of eggs on the Fortune Wheel, but that's it. I know players get, and need, Eggs all the time, because I see them asking for them as gifts. I can't buy anymore pets because I don't have the eggs as part of the purchase price. Is this common, or is there something wrong with my game? As for the Treasure Chests; on the Achievement screen under 'Treasure Hunter' it indicates that I have 3 golden chests, but that's wrong, I've never had any. Do others experience this, and can it be fixed as well?

I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on Nov 6, 14 8:21 PM
I have something wrong with my game, it zips right to the top spot before I even get done with the current scene. Is anyone else getting this happening? Not sure if it's possible to get higher than it shows or not, but I KNOW I didn't get the score it is showing. Is there some way of putting my scores back the way they were? Kinda takes all the fun out of trying to move them up a little bit now and again. Mostly I don't worry about who's ahead of me, it's really not a big deal to me, I enjoy playing at my own pace and feeling like I accomplished something when it goes up a bit, and now I can't do that. Thanks for any help with this if you know what to do to make it stop. It only happens on the scenes where I have already topped out progression on that little meter, the others are still okay, hopefully. Took me a while to realize what that sound was, generally I close it before it finishes its calculations, so I can move on to the next one. Again, thanks if you have any ideas!!!

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Nov 6, 14 8:40 PM
In guard's room following items are MIA:

Rosehip
Thumbtack
Moth

Used a hint to find the invisible rosehip (on right side of lamp shade). Exited the game before the 2 minutes were up to find the next missing item.

Playing on a PC

Edited on 11/06/2014 at 8:44:51 PM PST

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Nov 6, 14 8:44 PM
Went back into guard's room - found everything but the candy. Used hint - invisible candy on left side of lamp shade. Completed HOS.

Still playing on a PC

Edited on 11/06/2014 at 8:45:12 PM PST

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Nov 6, 14 10:52 PM
I just recently finished an hos where the some of the items were invisible. In cloud city prison, (can't remember the name of the hos), it didn't show the moth, candy, thumbtack or tooth! Had to use one of my crystals to "see" where they were at.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Nov 6, 14 11:41 PM
Guard's room - anything around the lamp shade is invisible. This trip it was the pepper and the moth. I guessed where the items were and got through the HOS.

abhita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by abhita on Nov 7, 14 1:24 AM
Hi i have been playing for a while and love this game...now I have a problem with the treasure boxes. They should have given me 10000 when I reached 20 boxes, but it has been stuck at 19, and now it should be at 22....is this fixable?? id is 118852 playing on PC
kind regards
abbey

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Nov 7, 14 3:27 AM
I have been waiting for the updates to restore my L*I*A account (202283) since October 8th.

Nothing has been done for this issue.

Customer Service keeps telling me that the developers are on to it.

For how long, I ask?

All I know is that there have been two updates which have caused more problems.

What about an official and responsible answer from anyone in charge? Don't you think that we deserve it ??

I hate it to be bitter but that's exactly how I feel.

I demand an explanation.

I demand my progress back.

I believe that before launching a Free To Play Game (?) you should notify the players that they play at their own risk.

I will take a big breath and stop here ...

Lia

Go to: