bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 17, 12 4:21 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle technical issues here only

[Post New]by MOXIEOH on Feb 17, 12 7:34 PM
UPDATE2: Started over for a third time in Difficult Mode - everything mentioned below is working. The original game still does not work. I'm leavin the post in case others have same/similar issues. Or a mod can delete it ... doesn't matter to me, we are moving on now.

UPDATE1: I started a new player and this time we chose Easy Mode - everything mentioned below worked in easy mode ... except we hate easy mode.

ORIGINAL PROBLEM POST:
I installed the update as prompted in the Game Manager today. It read that we would lose all game progress. However, we did not lose progress.

We hit a glitch in the pharmacy where we are supposed to look at the snake jar. The HINT system keeps referring us to the wall lock behind the picture. But we only have 1/2 the lock. So there's nothing to do there.

We've reviewed the Walkthrough and can't see anything we've missed but still cannot "look" at the snake, nor can we get the glass from the entry shelf, and suddenly the lizard cage shows the gear again but we can't get back into it (and we still have the fork.)

Convinced the bug update didn't take, I deleted the game from Game Manager and reinstalled via Purchase History.

Again expecting to start over ... our game is still in the same state and we still cannot progress (look at the snake jar or get the jar from the shelf in the entry.)

We are on Vista Business SP2 with all current updates applied.
Game Manager reports no updates available.

What should we do? Is this a bug?

Edited on 02/17/2012 at 9:15:13 PM PST

[Post New]by krabazabr on Feb 17, 12 11:57 PM
MOXIEOH wrote: What should we do? Is this a bug?

I think you just confused

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 18, 12 9:37 AM
Thanks Big Fish for the update but still getting the blue screen, I think it is a problem with my graphics card. I am updating to a new lap top and it does work on there.

Once again thanks.

Linda

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Feb 18, 12 11:51 AM
Downloaded the trial game thinking everything was fixed. I had de/re the full game 4 times already on PC Win7 64bit

little box springs up with

Panic. File:.\Store.cpp line:63

Personal directory does not exists

downloaded to laptop Win7 32bit

Will this be passed to Tech Support please

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Feb 18, 12 3:38 PM
After installing the updated version I started under a new profile and could move on in the game until I had to restore the magical painting in the pharmacy. Panic file popped up again!! I had collected and placed two required objects but they were still on the list of items that need to be found and now I fear that this is one more bug. I certainly do not wish to start all over again and will watch out for more entries under this subject.

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Feb 19, 12 6:23 AM
Got the message in the forum that it was fixed. Was excited to finally get to play. Wan not a minute in & got the "blue screen" with IGXPD32.DLL, page fault in nonpaged area & a serious error. Shut my pc down. Don't know what else to do! Haven't been able to start/finish a Hidden Object game in the last 2 weeks without any errors!

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Feb 19, 12 8:50 AM
As I've only got 1 minute left on trial, I'll need to purchase the game if I wish to try the updated version.
However, I won't do that unless I can be assured that the problem has been fixed (really enjoyed the game - what little i got to play anyway).

I got the Panic File error - but mine was on line 282. Is this the same thing and therefore fixed, or am I still going to have this error?

[Post New]by NancySusan on Feb 19, 12 9:05 AM
I see the original technical thread is locked, so I'm re-posting here: I started the trial and it was very slow, loaded slowly, clunky, and a few seconds into the actual gameplay it kicked me out and caused my computer to restart. I uninstalled it and didn't bother to reinstall, waiting hopefully for an update on the game, which I just installed and attempted to play with my original profile then a new profile. Each time it kicked me out and restarted the computer. This is a shame because it looks like a nice game, but then how would I know, having been unable to get beyond the first cut screen. Huh. Oh -- I have an old PC with updated programs on it.

sbxxcb85
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sbxxcb85 on Feb 19, 12 9:34 AM
I've completed the telescope in Mark's Tower (chap 10). The background screen goes completely white. The error message is Panic.File: .\LuMan.cpp line:282.

As for the "bug" in pharmacy - I closed out and went back to and was able to keep going. The object of that one is use fork on lizard - go get candle - use fork on snake go get glass - then you can proceed.

AZKalona
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by AZKalona on Feb 19, 12 7:03 PM
I get to chapter 5 and the game freezes. I just bought it today. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. When I went back in it was still frozen at the same place. I also don't show any updates for the game. I get a panic error. Help

[Post New]by NTheBushes on Feb 19, 12 11:51 PM
I have the same problem of white screen after repairing the telescope. I get the message: [string "curs=0..."]:109: deleteFromClickQueue.deleteFromClickQueue failed: object not found.

[Post New]by krabazabr on Feb 20, 12 1:24 AM
grammy1957 wrote:Got the message in the forum that it was fixed. Was excited to finally get to play. Wan not a minute in & got the "blue screen" with IGXPD32.DLL, page fault in nonpaged area & a serious error. Shut my pc down. Don't know what else to do! Haven't been able to start/finish a Hidden Object game in the last 2 weeks without any errors!

this is a problem with drivers. Try to score in the google search IGXPD32.dll to find ways to solve.

[Post New]by charliehenry on Feb 20, 12 9:02 AM
I cannot get the game to load-it goes so far and then all freezes and I have to restart my computer-this has happened 3 times. Any ideas

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Feb 20, 12 12:50 PM
Installed the update....the "sign jar" still would not go into inventory and the one I added was gone...Will this EVER get fixed?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 20, 12 1:31 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're still running into the error Panic. File:.\Store.cpp line:63 Personal directory does not exists or seeing other issues after trying to install the update, I would get in touch with our Tech Support team (if you click that link it will take you to more information on how to get in touch with them) and one of our reps can look into this further with you.

NancySusan - if the game keeps kicking you out I'd try running it as administrator to see if that helps:

Run Game as Administrator

charliehenry - I'd try the steps at this help article here as they can help if a game is freezing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're still running into trouble after this I'd get in touch with Tech Support as well.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

tuatua
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tuatua on Feb 20, 12 3:56 PM
I have got the white screen after putting together the telescope. I cannot close the game and cannot uninstall because it tells me the game is running and to please close the game which I cannot do. Help!!

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Feb 22, 12 8:04 AM
I have gone through everything suggested - still get the fatal error. Will there be a fix?

[Post New]by juanitaperez on Feb 25, 12 8:38 PM
i tried to buy 3 different games, but first i read the suggestions in the forum group and the 3 games have technical problems, whar is happening with you personnel to test first this games, u said that is our computer, then u make some arranges and then we play it, but first we have yo wait 2 days to play because u dont work on sat or sun and really it is not our problem its yours, please pay attention to my request to fix this probelems, pkease read the forums group

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Feb 26, 12 12:13 PM
I'm in Chenonceau Castle's kitchen. I need a hook to lift up the heavy damper. In the area by the window a magnifying glass appears for a hidden object game. When I click there, the scene freezes and I get the following error:

Panic File: .\LuaMan.cpp line:282
[string "module("g" , package.seeall),,,"];958:sprite.getAlpha failed: sprite not found.

I'm near the end of the game and REALLY don't feel like starting over. What does this error mean?

Go to: