bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 18, 12 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by letsdoit on Feb 18, 12 3:03 AM
So dissappointed b/c having same problem area as with the CE...already did a drfelixfix...plus all the other 'clean ups' on my end for my computer...problem started with the first screen shot...and this time I did get past the picture with the girl holding the key by just clicking on the 'key' which was half in and half out of frame, then got through up to placing the gems for the locket...NOPE!...no way...went to 'walkthru' and was doing every step correctly...seen the update in the game forum but guess it did not correct on my end...so glad this was a no buy just by trying the demo!...and so so so sad because I luv this game and I think the developers do create some wonderful games for their customers

... Lets

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Feb 18, 12 6:51 AM
Blank white screen only. Too bad as I have not had this issue with other games from this designer. I knew I had a problem when the opening credits came "in" in chunks. Oh well. Another game I can't test or buy.

mysharona1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by mysharona1 on Feb 18, 12 8:24 AM
My mouse cursor does not show up on this game. I even tried the settings and tried both system cursor and no system cursor. So frustrating when this happens. I dont get it.

mysharona1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by mysharona1 on Feb 18, 12 8:25 AM
My mouse cursor does not show up on this game. I even tried the settings and tried both system cursor and no system cursor. So frustrating when this happens. I dont get it.

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Feb 18, 12 8:28 AM
I also have nothing but a blank white screen surrounded by a black border. I've never had this problem before either except with the CE version of this game. The music sounds nice though.

[Post New]by pendle_witch on Feb 18, 12 9:34 AM
I can't seem to put the gems in the statue - it won't let me.I also noticed the girl isn't lining up in the water bowl in the garden.

I have un-installed and re-installed the game but it is still the same. Can anyone help please?

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Feb 18, 12 9:34 AM
blank white screen here too had problems with CE too I have a new computer made for playing games so why the problems.................................

ros13
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ros13 on Feb 18, 12 9:38 AM
I'm another white screen victim. This happened to me with the C.E. too-don't these problems ever get fixed? I guess I'll keep my money instead of giving it to BigFish

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Feb 18, 12 9:42 AM
I also have a completely white screen with only the cursor showing. This happened on both the CE and now the SE. I think I would really have liked this game, but guess I won't be able to get it. Also, my computer is new and I am sure I have other games by this dev and have no problems before.

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Feb 18, 12 10:39 AM
I keep getting squares of color, like a screen but with many colors. They appear in an area I'm in and it makes it impossible to play the game. I don't know if this is because of my computer or the game is problematic.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Feb 18, 12 11:05 AM
Well I had the CE and could not get the tile in the hall and the fairy by the Dryad tree even after the upgrade so was refunded. Was hoping this edition would take care of that issue but NO!! How BF could release this with the issues STILL UNRESOLVED is beyond me. I am seriously considering canceling my Membership. This is just not acceptable, but that is just my opinion I realize, to release items that are not fit for playing. The problem is alot of people will buy this because their demo will expire before they get to the 2nd chapter and THEN encounter this issue and then have to go through getting a refund or credit later. VERY FRUSTRATING issues.

Edited on 02/18/2012 at 11:06:23 AM PST

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Feb 18, 12 11:41 AM
Bought it without demo-ing (I tried the CE and was happy to buy it as SE), but it's not playing for me. I get a solid black screen and the game cursor, but nothing else. The music plays. The CE demo worked fine. I'm sad.

Candycleve
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Candycleve on Feb 18, 12 1:05 PM
I also still get the white screen. I was hoping the SE would play but alas, no luck. More and more games don't play. Guess I will try another site. Very sad.

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Feb 18, 12 1:55 PM
I didn't buy the CE as I couldn't pick up a gem in the garden. I bought the SE after seeing that problem had been fixed. Now, I'm in chapter 2 and can't pick up a tile. I'm very frustrated as I was really enjoying the game. Is there a fix on the way?

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 18, 12 2:31 PM
SE version won't allow last tile to be picked up just like the CE version. Is the developer listening??? Do they even care??? There are just too too many "glitches" in these games.

[Post New]by KevinBMom on Feb 18, 12 4:17 PM
emmydog wrote:I didn't buy the CE as I couldn't pick up a gem in the garden. I bought the SE after seeing that problem had been fixed. Now, I'm in chapter 2 and can't pick up a tile. I'm very frustrated as I was really enjoying the game. Is there a fix on the way?

Am having the same problem

packrat54
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by packrat54 on Feb 18, 12 4:40 PM
I don't get a white screen but my screen flashes and then goes to a blank screen. I,too. have had problems recently with this developer. I was disappointed that I could not try this game as it sounded interesting. I would say that 99% of the games load ok but I have noticed that I am getting a little more that will download and won't open. I have'nt persued the issue lately because it is just too much hassle but if this means I am getting more that I can't play then I will press for an explanation. Hopefully, these posts will indicate that there is a problem and should be looked at.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Feb 18, 12 9:11 PM
I'm somewhere near the end of the game and have just run into my first tech issue. When cutting the stained glass pieces with the glass cutter, all went fine until about the fourth pattern and now it stopped working. I've tried cutting the same piece at least 20 times, but it won't cut. The hint button just keeps signaling me to cut that piece (really?!) and unfortunately, there's no SKIP option for this task. Has anyone else had the same problem or know of a fix? These buggy games are really getting tiresome...........................

[Post New]by pendle_witch on Feb 19, 12 2:47 AM
[quote]*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only.*

We have done as requested. Now do you think that someone at BF can possibly help us with our technical issues?

Go to: