[Post New]by cleoladycat on Feb 18, 12 12:28 AM
Any comments fishes?

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Todays DD February 18 2012

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 18, 12 12:42 AM
This game is a steal at the DD price - buy it!

It is a wry and funny take on the whole vampire game genre. It's one of my favorites, and it was created by the same developer who gave us Mushroom Age and Dreamland.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 18, 12 1:41 AM
One word: Funny!

Bpup named the other games by the developer, so if you know them you know what to expect - this time it's about a house that will be estimated by a bank guy, which has vampires in it. Very well done chapter introductions, and they tried lip-syncing this time.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Feb 18, 12 4:47 AM
Bought this one a few sales back and LOVED it! Extremely funny, with very dry, droll humor, between the dialogue and the expressions on the character's faces. The butler reminded me of a character you would see on a British TV sit-com (can just see him rolling his eyes when anyone tries to give him an order!); the lead male actor does look like a slightly puzzled Keanu Reeves; and one of the maids reminded me of Abi from NCIS. And I loved the dog! Definitely recommend as a different, fun type of game.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Feb 18, 12 5:05 AM
This game is an absolute HOOT more then worth the regular price and a steal as the DD.The game play is fun, but what really makes this game worthwhile are the characters and the tongue in cheek dialogue.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Feb 18, 12 5:22 AM
Yes it's about vampires; no it's not dark and dreary. A well-made VERY funny game. An absolute steal as a DD. And you WILL laugh out loud.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 18, 12 7:30 AM
This is one of my favorites. It's nothing like all the other vampire games I've ever played. the characters are wonderful. Ditto to all stated above.

I think it's time to play iy again!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Feb 18, 12 8:49 AM
Oh if some of the CE's I have bought had been as much fun and as long as this game I would have been in heaven...*sigh.

Buy it!!! At the DD price this is a definite steal!!!!!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Feb 18, 12 11:58 AM
I have this game, paid full price and worth every penny. There are voice overs,not done really well, but the game is so funny. The butler in particular is a riot. All the mini-games are easy to figure out, except one. I never did get it. Have played this game many many times. What a great price for this game. Try it.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Feb 18, 12 7:44 PM
I LOVED this game! I was a hard core original Dark Shadows fan, and I suspect at least one of the developers is also. And yes, the lead looks like Keanu (although this guy can do an English accent) and the butler sounds like Alfred Hitchcock at times. I'd expect the maid to be working at Faulty Towers in the near future.

My favorite thing is to be able to interact with the scenery, and that's what this game did. Even my pet peeve to find, a corkscrew, was actually part of the story. So disappointed when it ended I think I will just play it over again. Love all the little details!

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Feb 19, 12 6:39 AM
Might have been an OK game, but there are several turn offs.

Initial game load, and going from chapter to chapter took a while. Only saves the progress at the end of a chapter!!!

When moving between scenes, everything you already moved/opened goes back to the original position. Moved curtains around the bed three times, even though nothing there.

Didn't list all objects to find, although there was plenty of room at the top.

In one scene, there was a comment about one object (the anchor) but it was never used for anything. Other objects had no comment. In another scene, sparkles around one object, but nothing to do. Maybe it came later, but it was very confusing.

Read the threads about the furnace and boiler room. Klunky game play just makes it more annoying.

Puzzles and minigames not difficult at all, just time consuming.

NO BUY from me - even as a DD.

There are much better games around than this one.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 6:51:42 AM PST

[Post New]by Moonlight2Girl on Feb 19, 12 6:45 PM
This game is funny cute, and it's different, I really like this HOGS. The artwork was great, picture was clear, sound was clear and the characters were great! Everything was well done Well worth the money And even at the regular price too. I give it thumbs up Try it, I think you will like it GOOD JOB

Go to: