bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 18, 12 11:05 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 18, 12 11:06 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP, looking through this Forum, it sounds like some of you are experiencing the same troubles collecting the 2 cards from Houdini.

We apologize the troubles and understand your frustration.

If you haven't already, please try uninstalling and reinstalling your game first to see if that helps. If not, some have reported that they were able to get the 2 cards after starting over with a new player profile.

If that still doesn't do the trick, or if you don't want to start over, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. If this ends up being something that can be fixed on our or the developer's end, the more information that we can gather about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the sooner we'll be able to fix it.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Feb 27, 12 10:46 PM
Hello!

I bought this game after the 2/6/2012 UPDATE, on 2/11/2012.

Having also purchased other games, I just got to the Mr.Doyle progression block.
Following the suggested steps, I have deleted & re-installed Houdini Delux and it took me directly back where I left off.
Unfortunately, there is no Mr. Doyle by the front door to give the brand to, and the hint button keeps indicating I should do so.

Now what should I do?
Thanks,
Karen

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 4, 12 9:07 AM
I do not have any sound in this game, Can you telll me why??? or what I can do other sounds work great with my other games.. thank you

[Post New]by lrobinsn on Mar 5, 12 3:33 PM
I have downloaded a trial of Haunted Houdini and have found that the cursor disappears frequently leaving me unable to choose items or follow directions. What do I need to do?

[Post New]by lawyertoo on Mar 11, 12 10:06 AM
I bought this game on March 10, 2012 and Conan Doyle is still not at the door to take the brand!!! What am I supposed to do??? It seems this is an ongoing problem that has not been fixed and you are still selling this game...hope you enjoy the money for a defective game. I will not be buying any more of your games if this reflects the quality of the work!

[Post New]by happyjogger on Mar 17, 12 3:07 PM
When I 'm supposed to give the book to Mr. Ford I have no book and the hint sends my upstairs, but the door is closed and Th g keeps telling me There is nothing to do there. All hintd keep sending my back to the upstairs.

[Post New]by velvetygirl on Apr 5, 12 5:21 PM
I am having the same issue as others with no Doyle to accept the brand. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still the same problem.

[Post New]by Dressyr on Apr 9, 12 8:50 PM
velvetygirl wrote:I am having the same issue as others with no Doyle to accept the brand. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still the same problem.

[Post New]by pjkennedy on Apr 14, 12 8:35 PM
I am also having issues finding Doyle. I have uninstalled & reinstalled 3 times and even rebooted the computer and still no Doyle. What do you suggest now?

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Apr 23, 12 2:26 PM
I am having the same problems as others with the study upstairs. I was told to go to the bookshelf for a HOG but the door won't open and now I am told there is nothing else for me to do. I got the bright idea or in retrospect not so bright idea to exit the house and enter again. Now I am told there is nothing else for me to do in the house. Has anyone had any success with uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

I have two cards in my inventory but I can't even get back in the house to find the room in which I need to use these cards.

[Post New]by tryinto on Jul 19, 12 8:27 PM
doyle wont appear to take the brand, uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times !!!

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jul 24, 12 3:08 PM
Meandy40 wrote:I am having the same problems as others with the study upstairs. I was told to go to the bookshelf for a HOG but the door won't open and now I am told there is nothing else for me to do. I got the bright idea or in retrospect not so bright idea to exit the house and enter again. Now I am told there is nothing else for me to do in the house. Has anyone had any success with uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

I have two cards in my inventory but I can't even get back in the house to find the room in which I need to use these cards.

DITTO---I have the identical problem as Meandy40-- The hint button (which I have not used once the whole time!) tells me I need to go back into the house and shows an arrow to go there, however I get a bubble that tells me I'm done there and there is nothing else to do....I'm sooooo close to the end I really do not want to start over (I really liked this game up to this point)....

BF- this game needs to go back to the dev for another fix!!!

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Jul 25, 12 9:09 PM
So, I went to the Dev.s website and submitted a tech ticket to their support techs. I got a response very quickly..."check the walkthrough"..

Are you kidding me? Am I 12 years old? (hello, Nana?)..

They tell me their games are tested..ok..I do believe that. However, if the tester went upstairs first, before leaving the house there would be no problem.. The problem exists when you leave the house BEFORE you go upstairs...I can't get back in and I'm suppose to talk with Arthur, Arthur is in the house...

UGH!!

Edited on 07/25/2012 at 9:22:01 PM PST

[Post New]by deecity on Aug 15, 12 5:14 PM
same issue am stuck outside and it says nothing else to do there but I still have to get the book and all I have is 2 playing cards

ingridjp
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ingridjp on Aug 15, 12 8:07 PM
I just played the demo, although I left the room and my time expired before I played much, but decided to buy it based on review...After installing it a message comes up that a debuggibg report has been generated in the directory because of 2 files, and to please ok to send report so items can be fixed...I clicked ok, but the same message comes up when trying to play. I see now that there are bugs with this game even though it supposedly was updated with fixes in March, so I think I'll just get ask for refund.

[Post New]by ciggy2 on Oct 19, 12 11:45 AM
Have retrieved the gun and bill board parts from the 'body cut in half' scene at the circus, when I went back to retrieve sledge hammer it wasn't there!!! Does this mean I have to go back to the beginning of the game? Really Mad!!!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Oct 26, 12 3:43 PM
Chapter 10 problem and yes I have checked SG and walkthroughs here and on ********.
I got this game and was saving for playing at Halloween time and I have the same problems as those below. Have uninstalled and reinstalled only to be taken back to the same exact situation Can not complete game and am Very unhappy !

EDIT: Restarted game in middle difficulity with new profile and started over...everything ran well and I really enjoyed the game
----------------------------------------------------------------------
by Meandy40 on Apr 23, 12 2:26 PM

I am having the same problems as others with the study upstairs. I was told to go to the bookshelf for a HOG but the door won't open and now I am told there is nothing else for me to do. I got the bright idea or in retrospect not so bright idea to exit the house and enter again. Now I am told there is nothing else for me to do in the house. Has anyone had any success with uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by deecity on Aug 15, 12 5:14 PM

same issue am stuck outside and it says nothing else to do there but I still have to get the book and all I have is 2 playing cards

Edited on 11/14/2012 at 10:17:33 AM PST

Rosa96
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rosa96 on Oct 30, 12 6:46 PM
I have the same issue. Mr. Doyle is not there to give the brand to. Do we get reimbursed for purchasing this dud?

[Post New]by Madagascar123 on Nov 12, 12 8:53 AM
The info maybe too late for you already, if you already encountered the problem. For "two card" problem, to me it happens when i accidentally click inventory list when obtained the "queen of wands" and transfer to other room. So watch out: do not click anything after you obtained the "queen of wands".

Edited on 11/12/2012 at 8:58:14 AM PST

Go to: