I'm stuck can't clear board. No powerups left except for cross which is no help

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:level 56

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 19, 12 9:40 AM
Welcome to the pond, kate2310

I'm going to assume you're playing in timed mode. If the time freeze powerup is the only one you have left and it's the one on offer for the level, unfortunately you'll have to keep using it over and over and slowly work the entire board by chipping away at everything and shuffling the tiles around in the various areas until they fall in correctly for all the tight spots. In my experience it's not a good idea to completely run out of powerups in timed because the game gets really hard by the time you get to 75 or so, so you may want to consider starting a new player and picking untimed mode if things get too frustrating.

[Post New]by jmfs15001 on Feb 25, 12 12:23 PM
The same thing happened to me in the relaxed mode. The blocks that need cleared are in the lower portion of the board, but there are no moves left in the lower portion. And since the only way to get new blocks into the lower portion is from the upper portion following removal of some from the lower portion you are basically stalled at this point with no way to complete level 56.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 26, 12 8:53 AM
jmfs15001 wrote:The same thing happened to me in the relaxed mode. The blocks that need cleared are in the lower portion of the board, but there are no moves left in the lower portion. And since the only way to get new blocks into the lower portion is from the upper portion following removal of some from the lower portion you are basically stalled at this point with no way to complete level 56.

Welcome to the pond, jmfs15001

There's the restart board option in the game menu if all else fails, but since you are playing in the relaxed mode, you will be able to solve the board eventually. I'm guessing you're out of powerups to free up the section. When this happens to me, what I do is look around the perimeter of the area in question for available moves and shuffle the tiles around there to rearrange things a little. Sooner or later something will fall into place such that a move can be made to reach into the blocked section a little bit. If you can reach the blocked section from more than one direction, it helps to do this "shuffling" from multiple edges and eventually the section will open up.

Hope that helps - sorry I can't provide a more detailed strategy as I can't pull the board up on demand as in some other games.

Go to: