bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 19, 12 12:20 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Feb 19, 12 12:44 AM
Played the demo, I was playing in the easy mode and it was way to easy. I will probably buy it for my grandchildren to play. I thought there was way to much talking. One scene you had to set it up and then push play to watch what happens. Again an excellent childrens game. Not mind challenging at all.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Feb 19, 12 1:03 AM
Finished the demo with 38 minutes left - played expert mode - hate to think how quick it would have been in easy mode. Think this is one for the children although I did enjoy it - sometimes it's nice to do some easy puzzles but not a buy for me.

[Post New]by kimsicle on Feb 19, 12 1:28 AM
Cute game, but way too easy. I also finished demo in under 30 minutes.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 19, 12 2:18 AM
Well this game brought a big grin to my face, I love quirky games like this that are are humorous, have bright colours and a variety of puzzles for you to use to overcome the obstacles in your way. The latter is a much more fun and entertaining way of doing that than just doing hidden object scene after hidden object scene to get one item.

The story of finding the missing pieces of a kingdoms magic stone and saving the princess from marrying the baddie gives you a goal because nobody likes evil to win.

I played this game in Expert mode and, while it is on the easy side I still had fun. I did try the hint button and it took approximately 2 minutes to reload.

I also liked that the game had voiceovers although I wasn't keen on being told when I was wrong .

I think this game is a steal in the Presidents Day Sale and no matter how long it turns out to be I won't regret buying it.

Cherb

ETA ...

I had to rush my comments because HMV was giving me earache but I would just like to add ...

I WOULD LIKE MORE GAMES LIKE THIS PLEASE DEVS ...

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 7:47:00 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 19, 12 3:01 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Well this game brought a big grin to my face, I love quirky games like this that are are humorous, have bright colours and a variety of puzzles for you to use to overcome the obstacles in your way. The latter is a much more fun and entertaining way of doing that than just doing hidden object scene after hidden object scene to get one item.

The story of finding the missing pieces of a kingdoms magic stone and saving the princess from marrying the baddie gives you a goal because nobody likes evil to win.

I played this game in Expert mode and, while it is on the easy side I still had fun. I did try the hint button and it took approximately 2 minutes to reload.

I also liked that the game had voiceovers although I wasn't keen on being told when I was wrong .

I think this game is a steal in the Presidents Day Sale and no matter how long it turns out to be I won't regret buying it.

Cherb

cherbtoo has summarized this game perfectly.
It's fun, it's different, and a delightful break from the norm.
Although there is a widescreen option, it does not work for me. But at sale price that's not a big issue----the graphics are still excellent, the colors are good, and the mechanics of the game are good.
Like cherb says, it's a steal.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Feb 19, 12 3:14 AM
Cherb, I agree with all you say EXCEPT I love being told when I'm wrong. I do silly things just so I can see how many different ways the Baron can tell me I'm stupid

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Feb 19, 12 3:21 AM
i betaed this game 2 years ago,and at least,was it necessary to take so much time to make this published?answer:no
the beta was the middle part of the game and promised more difficulties than that!graphics are not the same in video and part of the game were you have things to do;some good ideas(in place of hidden objects,an association objects)you have to play some puzzles by moving objects and try the scene ,which is a very good idea,but,but too much easy and too much short!:2 hours to finish and i'm not the speediest player!i bought with CC and it's enough!
the devs must have more ideas and a longer story in their drawers,now!they are on the good way to make a great game with same things,but longer and more difficult!

DLeeM
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by DLeeM on Feb 19, 12 3:21 AM
This game is wonderfully whimsical and the animation is first rate. I love these types of games that let your imagination and child-like qualities come through. I would enjoy more games like this in the future. I'm rather tired of the killing and mayhem games that keep coming across BFG. I hope everyone will give it a try.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Feb 19, 12 4:07 AM
This game looks like a lot of fun, but the demo only took me 24 mins on the harder difficulty. I checked out the walkthrough and there are only 4 chapters. The demo takes you into the start of chapter 2, so it's not a long game. Maybe a good length for kids!
I liked the graphics and the fact that there are frogs----something I love in a game. The hos scenes were fun as you match items with each other, rather than just hunting down a random list. There is also a mechanical game to play at the end of each chapter which is a novel and fun idea!
This could have been a buy for me if it had just been a bit longer, as it is quite different from most other games of late. Maybe I'll get it on a DD in the future!

hazelize
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by hazelize on Feb 19, 12 4:37 AM
As others have said, the demo was really short (I played in casual mode with 28 minutes left) and Munchausen was soooo talky. Still, I liked this game because the puzzles were very different (find items in HOGs through associative clues, move furniture in a castle to create a pathway, etc.) and unexpected. Very cute.

Tuvana65
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Tuvana65 on Feb 19, 12 5:08 AM
I agree with what's been said so far. Fun graphics, quirky humour, varied puzzles. Great fun, but rather short.

[Post New]by seabiscuit84 on Feb 19, 12 5:32 AM
Sheila155 wrote:This could have been a buy for me if it had just been a bit longer, as it is quite different from most other games of late. Maybe I'll get it on a DD in the future!

I couldn't agree more, lots of fun, but not enough length to the game from the looks of it to make it a worthwhile purchase at the moment. Completed demo in 14 minutes on hard, but it was 14 minutes of fun.

I enjoyed that the frogs were across different scenes, something you don't see any more in the newer games. If they were to make a sequel which is longer then I think we would be on to a winner.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Feb 19, 12 5:32 AM
I played the Demo, I have to say that is not my typical game, but I really enjoyed the nice and refreshing ease of this game.

The graphics are excellent, the story line sounds and plays like a silly childish game, but in a good and entertaining way, the comparison to a princess in trouble fairy fantasy with a twist.

I love the voices and the way they guide you, will be a great and fun game for those of younger age.

The picture association HOscene was a nice retrieve from your regular interactive ones, I find this to be a nice touch in the game.

I have so much fun with this cute game that is definitely a buy for me and will leave it for those days that I need a refreshing rest from my favorite dark adventure story line game.

Thanks to the developers for taking their time to make a fun game for all ages or at least for those of us that are still young at heart.

abitmore
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by abitmore on Feb 19, 12 5:41 AM
Love it!

Just finished the demo (and purchased the game), and still wearing a big stupid grin...

Thanks, devs, for something quite different and fun!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Feb 19, 12 5:51 AM
Very cute game The demo was alot of fun but I finished it with 28 minutes to spare. That was about a third of the game so it makes the length look really short.

I loved the narration, mini games and the different way of doing hidden objects. Very special twists on the play in this.

This would be a definite buy for me if I weren't so scared of the length.

I do have to wonder why anyone would use Munchausen for a name in any game. That makes me think of mothers that make their children sick on purpose just to get the attention.

[Post New]by CestmoiLamie on Feb 19, 12 5:51 AM
Cool, easy, but very very too short. I have the impression i've loose my money !!!

:-((

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 19, 12 6:32 AM
Nice and colourfull game. Graphic is pretty good and I like the storyline especially. For me its a definete buy and the game is a steal with the discount this weekend in my opinion

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Feb 19, 12 6:33 AM
I was beginning to think this game wasn't ever going to be released. I'm loving this game it's so fun and different and it's just a hoot, I have laughed the whole time while I've been playing it. The graphics are great there are voice overs and it's a different type of game and different puzzles yes some are easy but all of them are fun and fresh and this game is just awesome ! I only demoed it long enough to make sure it was going to run good and then I hit the money button and I think I have got my money's worth this is a great game for everybody and it's definitely worth the demo if nothing else. Thank you dev's and Big Fish for this awesome and fun game !

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Feb 19, 12 6:40 AM
bratzgram wrote:Very cute game

I do have to wonder why anyone would use Munchausen for a name in any game. That makes me think of mothers that make their children sick on purpose just to get the attention.

The stories of Baron von Munchausen go back to the 1700's. He was a famous adventurer.

Game demo was very short and the game fairly easy to play but I really love the humorous bent to it. Do to length I'm sitting on the fence.
This would make an excellent DD.

Go to: