Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD February 19 2012

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Feb 19, 12 12:29 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re: Todays DD February 19 2012

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Feb 19, 12 2:03 AM
King Arthur starts out really difficult.There are NO clues and the game play hard to follow but when you get past the beginning the clue system kicks in with runes to collect and each symbol combination gives you different powers.Plus Merlin is here and does some good voiceovers.It is well worth the Daily Deal price and luckily there is a walkthru which should help to get through the beginning.I found it very enjoyable with a lot of interaction and the graphics are very prettty Happy gaming

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Feb 19, 12 7:32 AM
Despite a number of negative comments, this is a game you should at least try at DD prices. I bought it awhile ago when it had been on sale and I enjoyed it. Many complaints focused on the difficulty of finding the initial items to get the hints working, but I didn't have any problem and there is a walkthrough. Merlin did speak slowly but, again, I didn't mind because overall I liked the game. It was pleasant to look at and fun to play. You could also start and stop without worrying too much about getting back in the flow. Not the best game out there, but fun and certainly worth the DD.

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Feb 19, 12 8:49 AM
I love Merlin. I even collect Merlin pewter figures. So I was destined to love this game. It is not the sophisticated games we play every day, but is a welcome change -- light hearted and fun. Granted, it is not for everyone, but at DD prices it is definitely worth trying. I plan to keep it around for those days where my brain wants to take a holiday. The game does offer some challenges, but for the most part it is one where you complete the task and enjoy the scenery at the same time.

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Feb 19, 12 10:41 AM
I bought this game. Downloaded it after reading how the hint system works. It helped me to be patient. The walkthrough also helped to explain how the rune combinations made the visibility spell and the other spells. It is fun, light and interesting. Slightly challenging and lets you skip if you get bored with a minigame.
Thank you again Big Fish for this lovely deal of a game.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 10:42:16 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 19, 12 12:30 PM
Meh. Worth 3 bucks

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Feb 19, 12 1:11 PM
I like this game! You do have to complete a task or two to get the hint system up and running, but once I did that, I never had to use enough hints to run out of them. I like the graphics, and I love the music! (I'm a sucker for "medieval" music). I collect Arthurian stories, so this game is a natural for me, and at DD prices, I think it's a steal!

I almost didn't buy this because the first time I started the game, it opened in a windowed mode, not centered on the screen, and wouldn't let me move it. All the control buttons were out of sight below the bottom of the screen. I did a Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of the game, and began to uninstall, then decided to give it one more chance. Glad I did!

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Feb 19, 12 1:21 PM
I too enjoy Arthur themes. The demo hour flew by. Merlin wasn't a bother and the music was non-intrusive. A fun game.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 19, 12 5:00 PM

I have to say that I completely enjoyed playing this game and the medieval music and Merlin's voice-over; I didn't find him to be slow speaking at all, as other forum members had mentioned. I thought that it was just at the right speed allowing me time to read the words as they were being spoken. I REALLY when there's dialogue but it just appears and disappears almost in the same moment before you get a chance to read more than half of what was written.

While at times this game was challenging in finding the hidden objects (particularly because I've got a wide-screen monitor with MANY objects were hidden beyond the screen ), I have to say that the details of the screenshots were very well done.

Well worth the DD and the spent playing and completing this game.

MEnr56

Go to: