HELP FOR ROBINSON CARUSO

HELP FOR ROBINSON CARUSO

[Post New]by elainedelliott on Jan 24, 09 1:23 PM
PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY, WHEN I WANT TO PLAY THE DEMO I JUST GET, NOT RESPONDING, YET IT IS COUNTING DOWN. i WANT TO PLAY BADLY!
i HAVE TRIED REINSTALLING SAME THING. there must be a secret to work this flipping computor. i HAVE LOTS OF SPACE.

Edited on 01/24/2009 at 1:36:26 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:HELP FOR ROBINSON CARUSO

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 1:36 PM
Lots of people have complained. One person said that rebooting her computer helped. If that doesn't help you, then contact customer support, and wait a few days. Odds are that there will be a bugfix release as soon as the developers figure out what the problem is.

[Post New]by quick_sand8 on Jan 24, 09 1:44 PM
same thing happened to me. Never played it, and now it says Trial Expired!!!!!
Don't get it???? All my other games running fine, and no problem with other sites!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 1:48 PM
This is the first day the game was released. Clearly there's a bug that wasn't spotted during the beta testing. I'm sure that the developers will fix it as soon as they figure out what the problem is.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 24, 09 3:36 PM
Butchlafemme wrote:And, just who is this Robinson Caruso?

Obviously a very talented shipwrecked singer

Welcome to the Pond Elainedelliott, Quick_sand and Butchlafemme, sorry I haven't welcomed you before but I hope you are all enjoying swimming here.

[Post New]by chartyndall on Jan 24, 09 3:42 PM
I just finished the trial and i had no problems. would like to know from any one who has bought the game if it is worth buying and how many chapters there are. i think i am on chapter 3 and just finished looking for the chess pieces when the game expired. I really enjoyed it and would like to buy it but would not be worth it if i was almost done.

Xmas3kds
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Xmas3kds on Jan 24, 09 3:45 PM
I, too, only get a black screen when I start the game. This is the first time EVER a game from BFG has done this. ... tried reinstalling, rebooting, re-yelling at the computer...nothing works. Will try again in a few days, hopefully the bugs will be out of the download by then.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 3:46 PM
There are 6 chapters, each with 6 stages. The later chapters seemed to be a bit longer than the first ones. It took me about 4 hours to finish the first time. I'm enjoying my second pass, and about half the scenes/minigames have different goals, so the replay value is good.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 24, 09 3:47 PM
I've bought it and thought it was well worth a credit. I haven't finished it yet so I can't tell you how many chapters there are although I do not think you are nearly done yet. Try reading the thread that has the most posts as someone might have mentioned it there. If not, try one of the others.

sicwaf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sicwaf on Jan 24, 09 3:49 PM
Help, how do you light the candle to see in the well???

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 4:02 PM
You don't have to light it. Just pick up the candle, then click the rope in the well.

[Post New]by chartyndall on Jan 24, 09 4:03 PM
lordkalvan wrote:There are 6 chapters, each with 6 stages. The later chapters seemed to be a bit longer than the first ones. It took me about 4 hours to finish the first time. I'm enjoying my second pass, and about half the scenes/minigames have different goals, so the replay value is good.

Thanks for the input. Will definitely buy it. Now if i can only fix the gliche in the new Natalie Brooks game...*sigh*

Ann070558
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ann070558 on Jan 24, 09 4:05 PM
Hi All:

Stuck in the swamp with the swinging skeleton. Need to create a laddder?

HELP!

Ann

sicwaf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sicwaf on Jan 24, 09 4:07 PM
Thank you!
I had clicked in the well a few times; I guess I didn't exactly touch the rope.

sicwaf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sicwaf on Jan 24, 09 4:13 PM
The ladder is behind the skeleton; have to keep swinging it to see it

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 4:23 PM
To swing the skeleton, click it. If you don't see what you need behind it, click the skeleton several times. Short clicks seem to work best, and dragging it doesn't seem to work at all.

Ann070558
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Ann070558 on Jan 24, 09 5:49 PM
Got it finally! Thanks for the help...Ann

kellyfl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kellyfl on Jan 24, 09 6:11 PM
chartyndall wrote:I just finished the trial and i had no problems. would like to know from any one who has bought the game if it is worth buying and how many chapters there are. i think i am on chapter 3 and just finished looking for the chess pieces when the game expired. I really enjoyed it and would like to buy it but would not be worth it if i was almost done.
I bought the game today and played it all the way through, it's definately worth it!! There are 6 chapters in the game with subchapters and mini games as well. You have the option to play relaxed or timed mode and you also eventually get the chance to skip the mini games. I only skipped 2, I guess I just didn't have the patience today. I am looking forward to playing the game again with timed mode and see how I do. You'll love this game if you are an HO junkie like most of us!!!

Breezeone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeone on Jan 24, 09 6:31 PM
Please help!
I don't know what to do with the spear head and the broken dragon's egg.
How do I use them to get out of there?
Thanks!

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Jan 24, 09 6:34 PM
Dig in the dirt with the spear head and you will find a dragons egg. I think it is on the lower right side. Good luck

Go to: