bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Scruffs: Return of the Duke technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 20, 12 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 12:04:00 PM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Post any The Scruffs: Return of the Duke technical issues here only

[Post New]by 88blyth on Feb 20, 12 4:17 AM
have not had this problem before..it says my screen resualution (sorry, spelt that wrong) does not support the game, please can someone tell me what to do, if anything, thanks

ruthb1146
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by ruthb1146 on Feb 20, 12 6:40 AM
Some how I got to the train station before I was done at the grocery and can not get back to the grocery store. I have clicked all over the screen. How do I get back?

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 20, 12 7:08 AM
the game will only play small center screen and the "wide screen" option is grayed out, so I can't access that. Too bad, as it looks like a cute light-hearted game. very disappointing.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 20, 12 7:08 AM
the game will only play small center screen and the "wide screen" option is grayed out, so I can't access that. Too bad, as it looks like a cute light-hearted game. very disappointing.

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Feb 20, 12 12:14 PM
It won't even open. White screen (small screen):

Sorry, a problem has been detected.

Loading binary data IO error:
Error #2032

Blasted fails.

Mac OS 10.6.8, plenty of memory, etc.

[Post New]by onionbread on Feb 20, 12 3:00 PM
I get the same error as soqouelcalifornia:

"Sorry, a problem has been detected.

Loading binary data IO error:
Error #2032"

Mac OS 10.6.8

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: IM112.0057.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.64f5
Serial Number (system): W8039X64DAS
Hardware UUID: FD554AAB-A6EC-5870-9766-A272A1DEE572

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Feb 20, 12 7:52 PM
I have the one spoon left, the large one that goes at the bottom of the case. It says I need to polish it before I put it in the case. I was even careful to make sure I polished all of them when i had the cloth but now the cloth has disappeared and i cannot finish the game. There are several of us with the same issue. See polishing cloth thread.

inkblots
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by inkblots on Feb 21, 12 4:49 PM
I am having same issue is there a fix

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Feb 21, 12 5:07 PM
I am near the end, in the dungeon area. I have the lever, and see where the strategy guide says I need to place it, but there is no place for it. In that screen, and in every other one on this level, the dog tells me to look in another place. I tried uninstalling but when I reinstalled I was still on the same level, still with the same problem. Any suggestions?

mxela
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by mxela on Feb 21, 12 7:42 PM
1Seashell7 wrote:I have the one spoon left, the large one that goes at the bottom of the case. It says I need to polish it before I put it in the case. I was even careful to make sure I polished all of them when i had the cloth but now the cloth has disappeared and i cannot finish the game. There are several of us with the same issue. See polishing cloth thread.

I'm also having the same issue except I have a knife and lobster fork left with cloth disappeared I cannot move on. Any answers?

philtrill
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by philtrill on Feb 21, 12 8:25 PM
I'm on Chapter 3. I found some fertilizer and I was trying to figure out what to do with it. I went to the gazebo and found a pile of paper. It replaced the fertilizer and now I'm stuck.

[Post New]by yinny313 on Feb 21, 12 9:25 PM
88blyth wrote:have not had this problem before..it says my screen resualution (sorry, spelt that wrong) does not support the game, please can someone tell me what to do, if anything, thanks

I got the same message when I tried to start the game. I have my resolution set @ 1920x1080, which is well above the 1024x768 minimum that it says the game requires. Just for kicks, I tried lowering it to the 1024x768, but that didn't help. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't do anything either. I'm guessing this is a widescreen issue, but if I can't get into the game to make the selection to fix that, what do I do? Anyone have any ideas?

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Feb 22, 12 3:29 AM
ho problemi di blocco gioco dopo aver lanciato il freesbe al cagnetto....mi blocca il pc e devo spegnere manualmente.non era successo con la demo....dopo l'acquisto,andando avanti, capita questo inconveniente....aiuto

[Post New]by RedSox4evr on Feb 22, 12 8:52 AM
no matter where you are, this game saves at the beginning of whatever chapter you are in. I was this close to completing chapter 5, when it froze, and of course on return, it started me at the beginning of the chapter. Another one. Not sure if I want to replay or not. The game is all over the place.

[Post New]by bjc145 on Feb 22, 12 11:16 AM
I also have lost the polishing cloth. Very, very frustrating getting to chapter 9 & not being able to go forward. Either fix it or give me money back.

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 22, 12 11:26 AM
bjc145 wrote:I also have lost the polishing cloth. Very, very frustrating getting to chapter 9 & not being able to go forward. Either fix it or give me money back.

The end of Chapter 9 glitch. It is either the polishing cloth or the laxitive. Please fix it.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Feb 22, 12 1:03 PM
For those with the polishing cloth issue there was a post in the Announcement Forum that The Scruffs was updated 2/21/12 but it was posted under the original and not Return of the Duke forum. I asked which game the update was for and if it fixed the cloth issue but I have not gotten a reply from the moderator. I am not at home so I can't check it out.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 22, 12 2:56 PM
Hi 1Seashell7 (and others),

The update was for the original 'The Scruffs', not Return of the Duke.

As for the issue with the disappearing polishing cloth, we are currently looking into this and apologize for any frustrations this has caused you.

If you haven't already, we ask that you please run a Dr. Felix report and then send the results over to our Tech Support team.

If this ends up being something that can be fixed on our or the developer's end, the more information that we can gather about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the sooner we'll be able to fix it.

Thank you for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/22/2012 at 2:58:25 PM PST

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Feb 22, 12 7:16 PM
mxela wrote:
1Seashell7 wrote:I have the one spoon left, the large one that goes at the bottom of the case. It says I need to polish it before I put it in the case. I was even careful to make sure I polished all of them when i had the cloth but now the cloth has disappeared and i cannot finish the game. There are several of us with the same issue. See polishing cloth thread.

I'm also having the same issue except I have a knife and lobster fork left with cloth disappeared I cannot move on. Any answers?

I too am having the same issue except I have the large fork, the gold bowl spoon, and a knife remaining, no polishing cloth and no way to move on to finish the game. POOPOO!

Edited on 02/22/2012 at 7:18:19 PM PST

Go to: