bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for The Scruffs: Return of the Duke

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 20, 12 12:22 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of The Scruffs: Return of the Duke? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the The Scruffs: Return of the Duke page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Scruffs: Return of the Duke

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Feb 20, 12 1:18 AM
Cute Cartoon based game finding Hidden Objects.

The Hint system consists of a little dog who, when clicked for a Hint, will bark louder and louder the closer you get to the item you are looking for.

Wide Screen support and difficulty setting.

Not my kind of game as I love Adventure and the odd Hidden Object Scene included.

I'm sure there will be lots of fishies who love HO Games who will enjoy this game.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Feb 20, 12 2:06 AM
Yes! The Scruffs are back!

I loved the first game. It was one of the first HOG's I played and it really amused me!
So... certainly now that President's Sale is still on, THIS IS A BUY!

What can you expect:

- funny cartoony characters and humoristic conversations
- well done voice-overs
- a 'doggy' hintsystem, always at your service
- nice and clear graphics
- a good story, following up the first one
- a Strategy Guide, even!

A really fun game to play. Straight H0 and all. I it!

Have fun and a nice start of the week!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Feb 20, 12 2:29 AM
i don't like that kind of game but:
voices (even if i found too much blabla,and for not english or american,nothing funny!!!!)
the same music
hint system with dog jumping when you are near the object
plenty hidden objects scenes with some actions to do
objects may be very small and dark on dark
wide screen supported
strategy guide (it seems to be necessary to go to main menu for reaching it,but as i don't need it during my hour demo i don't use!)
i don't find story interesting and was bored very soon,but it is me!give a try
all in one:for ho and this kind of humour fans
in hour demo i found 3 objects of the regalia,so,i think a good length for this game
(i am an average player,but in this game,no wondering in lovely places!)

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Feb 20, 12 2:32 AM
I've been waiting for this one. I really enjoyed the hour demo. Nice graphics, funny cartoon style characters, different story, different type of game play. As others have stated, Scruff the Dog is your hint system. He gets more excited as you get closer to the object needed. Also, notice the object begins to shake and bounce to help it stand out more.
Hey did anyone notice.....It seems to be a Deluxe Edition! I was suprised to see that there were extras listed in the main menu. The only thing that didn't seem to be there was extra game play but maybe I overlooked it but I did look around pretty good (please correct me if I am wrong).
Anyhow, I think I am off to buy with the sale going on and all of my moaning this weekend wondering where this was. I'm in need of a game to play since once again I can't .
Enjoy Fishies! If you're in the mood for something lite and amusing, give the Scruffs a try.
Have a Great Day Everyone! To those who have a holiday today, enjoy your extra time off.

ETA: The game did not save my progress when the game trial ended as I was almost through Chapter 3. So, those interested in purchasing, you may want to do it prior to starting a new chapter.
(Spoiler Alert - Just in case someone finds this as a spoiler) For those who may be interested there is a Create Your Own 4D model of Scruff the Dog. Not my thing but thought others may like it.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 4:30:08 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 20, 12 2:34 AM
I loved the first one and I am loving this one. Bought it instantly. I love the humor, the game play everything with this game is a win situation. I am glad I bought it. Just a nice bright little game. Thoroughly enjoying it!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 20, 12 4:07 AM
Surprisingly I really enjoyed the demo of this game; I'm not a fan of the cartoon style of graphics but this one was just fun to play! I like the hint system; little dog gets more excited the closer you get to the object Mostly hidden object searches but there are tasks to accomplish and puzzles to balance out the gameplay at least a little. Lots of humour and the English accents sounded pretty good to this Brit

I found two pieces of the regalia within the demo time, so hopefully around 3 hours of play. And the widescreen option was available but only made the playing area slightly wider; I still had black bars down either side but I don't mind that for an SE. Since there has been little else to tempt me recently, this is a buy while the sale is still on!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Feb 20, 12 5:13 AM
While other couples may have a date night out to dinner...my bride of 35 years and I have have a game night each week. I cook in a fine dinner and we team up and play a HOG of choice for the night. Loved the Treasure Master Games, Steve the Sheriff, Dream Day. Mishap games, and Robinson Crusoe/ light, funny, humorous games..But we really loved the Scruffs-one of two games we ever played trough twice. Have been asking about this sequel from developers for 2 years. Finally got to try it and love it! Bought it and off to a Monday night date....

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Feb 20, 12 5:43 AM
This is the way HO scenes used to be and I like that there is some adventure/interactions. I thought some HO scenes where dark, but the dog as the hint system more than made up for it.

IMO this game will work as a family game and the humor is spot on. The skunk (not saying where, when or how) almost had me laughing off the chair.

Looks to be a good length and with extras this is a buy for me.

I give this a 4 out 5 (only because some objects are blended with background, but still doable)

bandonkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bandonkr on Feb 20, 12 8:22 AM
I love this game. I wish there were more like this that are fun and not all dark and meant to be morbid and/or scarey.

I will have to go find the first one, too. Such fun!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Feb 20, 12 8:43 AM
Hi bandonkr,
If you want another gme that is fun and bright and amusing, perhaps you might try Snark Busters: All Revved Up Unless you already own the game?
That one is a lot of fun and quirky.
Now I am off to try The Scruffs sequel. Will give my review later.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 9:14:37 AM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Feb 20, 12 9:33 AM
Love it! Always hoped there would be a sequel! If you haven't played the first - it's totally worth buying both today (with the sale and all!) & double your fun! Forgot how much I love the doggy hint - in this game you hope you can't find something just to wake the dog up & give him some exercise

The return of a favorite plus an SG and extras? Who could pass it up? Lots of nifty additions to the original game play as well - inventory & little tasks! Well, I'm off to buy - Happy Gaming all!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Feb 20, 12 10:03 AM
I find this game fun to play. The graphics are clear, bright and colourful and very well done. The addition of a SG is an added bonus if one is ever needed during the game.

Love the voice-overs...very authentic sounding and humourous.

It is not overly difficult to find the items in the HO scenes, and using the dog as a hint to guide you closer to the item is quite effective and innovative.

A definite buy for me.

Now I am off to try the first Scruffs, because I never knew there was one.

I think everyone should give it a try!!

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Feb 20, 12 10:12 AM
The Scruffs are back!! I loved the first game (so long ago), and from the demo this is just as good! Fun (funny!), challenging, good story and characters, bright and beautiful to look at, just a great game experience. If you're on the fence, go ahead and fall over and buy it -- on sale today, too. And then go get the first Scruffs, if you haven't already.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 20, 12 10:13 AM
I have played the first The Scruffs games a few times and loved this game. Very funny and cute game. This game is on the same quality, maybe even better. For me its a definete buy

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 20, 12 10:18 AM
Played the Scruffs and enjoyed them and they have come a long way.. Graphics much better and don't have to find the doggie bones for hints. Cute game and something a little different and fun to play.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Feb 20, 12 1:38 PM
I beta tested this game and have been waiting for it to come out. If you love fun games that are for adults (kids can play too of course) you'll love this one.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 20, 12 2:19 PM
Well, got half way through chapter 4 before my time ran out. Silly story, silly voices, but fun game. Something different for a change. Never played the first one, but will use a credit on this one. Thanks for the reviews.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Feb 20, 12 2:25 PM
I don't normally like H0 heavy games but this sequel is such goofy fun that it pulled me in. The adventure aspect is a little rough, goals aren't very clear and there is a lot of back and forth. But that doesn't really matter. The technical details aren't really what makes this game.

I've already wandered around a gazillion creepy castles, mysterious islands and spooky villages looking for some lost relative. Bouncing around the ridiculous world of the Scuffs is pure joy. It's a playable Saturday morning cartoon and doesn't really need to be much more.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Feb 20, 12 2:32 PM
I never played the first game, or I don't remember, but I did the demo on this one, the game is cute, funny and very entertaining.

It is not my typical game as I like dark adventures, but I like that the HOscenes are not that easy, the littler active dog on the hint button is actually very funny I laughed every time it scratched and licked itself.

This game will be in my wish list for sure.

Go to: