polishing cloth

polishing cloth

[Post New]by Headteach on Feb 20, 12 12:51 PM
Help! I have one more spoon to polish in the castle dining room and have lost the blue cloth. Can't find it anywhere in any other rooms and can't continue game without it. Any ideas?

michrose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:polishing cloth

[Post New]by michrose on Feb 20, 12 1:13 PM
I polished all the silver. My rag is gone. However it won't let me put the silver in the case. It keeps telling me I need to polish it.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 20, 12 1:16 PM
Welcome to the pond, Headteach!

That happened to me too. The only way I saw around it was to exit the game. I went ahead and did the crtl, alt, delete to pull up the task manager and exit the game that way. I noticed when I bought the game after I started playing again it took me back to the beginning of the chapter I had been playing when the demo stopped. It did the same when I exited the game-I was right back at the beginning of chapter 9 when I restarted the game. I was able to polish all the silver this time-though the one spoon still looks gold. Hope this helps.

ecko
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by ecko on Feb 20, 12 2:38 PM
I'm in the same boat and the ctrl+alt+del didn't work for me. Was really enjoying the game on a nice relaxing day and then this! Maybe I'll give it a few days and restart a new profile.

[Post New]by Headteach on Feb 20, 12 3:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the help satexasgirl. Have been with BF for 2 years and never used forums before - will do more now if needed. Tried ctrl alt del but unfortunately I'd already saved the game so didn't work. Suppose I'll have to start the whole game again - such a shame so near the end of it. Glad in a way I'm not the only one with this problem. Half way through polishing I left to get a reminder of the box code and came back to finish. I'll stay with it next time. Perhaps there is a glitch in the game if others are finding this too?

KarlynG
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KarlynG on Feb 20, 12 3:50 PM
Same problem. Cloth has disappeared, and can't move on. Definitely a glitch in the game. Come on BFG fix the problem.

Talania1
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Talania1 on Feb 20, 12 4:30 PM
I too have polished all the silver and the cloth has vanished yet it says I still need to polish two pieces of the silver. *sighs*

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Feb 20, 12 7:34 PM
I have the same issue. I have the one spoon left, the large one that goes at the bottom of the case. It says I need to polish it before I put it in the case. I was even careful to make sure I polished all of them when i had the cloth to no avail.

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Feb 20, 12 8:15 PM
I have two spoons to go and I know I polished them. I'll try going back in and see if it helps.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Feb 20, 12 9:04 PM
Same Issue as the other fishies...the polishing cloth just disappeared and it will not let me put the remaining items in the case. I am not sureI want to start all over.

mawhiteing
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by mawhiteing on Feb 20, 12 9:28 PM
I'm there too...Help!

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Feb 20, 12 9:31 PM
I got out of the game and it started me at chapter 9. Once I got the code for opening the silver chest I did not leave and made sure I had all the silverware first on cloth before polishing. I was able to complete the scene

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Feb 21, 12 11:56 AM
I'm in the same spot! I have one spoon that it says is not polished and the cloth is gone.

I'll try ctrl alt del, but if that doesn't work... I so do not want to play it over again!

eta: Nope, didn't work. I'm done with this.

Edited on 02/21/2012 at 12:07:19 PM PST

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Feb 21, 12 12:27 PM
Same here. Right near the end too.Realy don't want to start over.
Lets see if they can come up with a fix. :-(

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Feb 21, 12 1:51 PM
I had that problem too. I had to completley start over . When I did that, the all the silver got polished and I was able to finish the game. I did a new profile.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Feb 21, 12 2:31 PM
It seems quite a few of us have not polished our cutlery properly! Yep.......I'm one of 'em!! Lost the plot.........erm.............cloth.........!! Not willing to start the game over. Ridiculous....this is the second game I cannot finish because of bugs!!

kgirlstarr
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kgirlstarr on Feb 21, 12 5:23 PM
Let me jump on the band wagon- I uninstalled the game reinstalled it and it brought me right back to where I ended up- no polishing cloth and I still have to polish the silver I already polished. Please correct this error BF i have never been this frustrated with such a simple game.

txrose3
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,035 Posts

[Post New]by txrose3 on Feb 21, 12 7:29 PM
My cloth has disappeared too. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by ladyfae on Feb 21, 12 7:49 PM
Same here...started over with a new profile and the same thing happened again. Can't finish the game without it. It is frustrating.

[Post New]by mieke16holding on Feb 21, 12 8:02 PM
I found that all my pieces did not go on the polishing pad and I had to do the spoons and fork (I think) first, put them away and then add one spoon and the large fork from the inventory, polish and put them away. One spoon remained unpolished but once all were in the box, I moved on. The cloth had vanished as soon as I did the large fork.....

Go to: