Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Stick Shift

[Post New]by Teach496 on Feb 20, 12 3:32 PM
Even with the SG, I am having difficulty with the stick shift.
Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re:Stick Shift

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 20, 12 10:35 PM
I am stuck here too. I have followed the instructions and it just keeps repeating itself, and nothing happens.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 21, 12 1:13 AM
It seemed that you have to move the gear stick in unison with the voice and hear it click into place before it will work. I had to do this quite a few times before eventually I got it but then I drive an automatic so not used to changing gear. That's my excuse anyway

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 21, 12 1:14 AM
Same problem here. And am I supposed to be clicking on something special when the cassette says "start" and "stop"?

I've tried asking the hint dog, but he just keeps telling me to look somewhere else. And I have the other three cannonballs. I can't think of anywhere else to look.

[Post New]by Oliver182 on Feb 21, 12 3:56 AM
I was stuck on too but i just completed. When the voice start you got to move your mouse at the same time orderd to so and sounds click . When he said start your hand should be ready on mouse. Then move when he said numbers. when he said stop. stop automatically and then get ready again numbers. Hope this will help you.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 21, 12 4:38 PM
I tried again today and still couldn't get it...finally just kept going in and out of that particular scene until I wound up with an easy pattern and then it worked, lol.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 22, 12 12:02 AM
I am physically incapable of doing this and there seems to be no Skip. I regret that it seems I am through playing

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Feb 22, 12 10:01 AM
i keep getting 4 ,5 r 3 r stop & i am still waiting .... i am doing with the voice but nothing no skipping here

woemwoem
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by woemwoem on Feb 23, 12 12:55 PM
Its lousey that there is not a skip button for us people with handicaps. The stick shift game sucks the big one!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 25, 12 10:47 AM
SPOILER ALERT:

The stick-shift puzzle is not easy.

You have to do: R (reverse), 4, 2, 5, 3
It seems like you have to do them with the tape. When the tape says 2, you need to be on it. At least that is what finally worked for me.

Good Luck.

I just found out that the "codes" are variable and you do not have to keep up with the tape. Great News.

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 6:41:46 AM PST

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 26, 12 2:58 PM
Rhysdux wrote:Same problem here. And am I supposed to be clicking on something special when the cassette says "start" and "stop"?

I've tried asking the hint dog, but he just keeps telling me to look somewhere else. And I have the other three cannonballs. I can't think of anywhere else to look.
The 4th cannon ball glitch!!! It is not the cloth or the laxative but the 4th cannon ball that causes the glitch. It show up by either having a disappearing cloth, laxative that won't pour or not being able to shift the clutch. It is just that most people saved polishing the silver for last.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 26, 12 3:05 PM
Then use the GREEN ENVELOPE on the right side of this screen (you may have to scroll to find it) and send Big Fish a message about your problem That is the only way the problem will be fixed.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 26, 12 3:08 PM
Send Big Fish a message about your problem. Use the GREEN ENVELOPE on the right side of this screen. You may have to scroll to find it. That is the only way problems with the game will be fixed.

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 26, 12 3:09 PM
jcsgame wrote:Send Big Fish a message about your problem. Use the GREEN ENVELOPE on the right side of this screen. You may have to scroll to find it. That is the only way problems with the game will be fixed.
Did that several days ago, now just waiting for a fix.

[Post New]by long__cat on Feb 27, 12 1:29 AM
jcsgame wrote:SPOILER ALERT:

The stick-shift puzzle is not easy.

You have to do: R (reverse), 4, 2, 5, 3
It seems like you have to do them with the tape. When the tape says 2, you need to be on it. At least that is what finally worked for me.

Good Luck.

jcsgame, I just did it by writing numbers down on a piece of paper and then slowly did them one by one not trying to keep up with the tape. It worked!
My numbers were different though: 4, 5, R, 3, R.

[Post New]by Xenos7 on Mar 31, 12 3:43 PM
I did this one over and over and over, with no results. What finally worked for me was to memorize the shift order, then move the stick to each position, RELEASING IT before moving it to the next. For example, move to reverse, release it. Click on it again, move to 3, release it. Click on it again, move to whatever...

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on May 2, 12 3:00 PM
Tried and tried - followed all suggestion but still not working.

PLEASE HELP!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

[Post New]by newmommy102103 on Jun 29, 12 10:07 PM
This was SOOO frustrating. I finally got it! I turned my sound way up, and listened to the clicks. I kept clicking barely on wrong ones, could not tell unless the sound was way up. I just wrote it down, listened and I finally got it! I did not have to do it with the tape, just had to do it right!

Teb18
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Teb18 on Feb 27, 13 9:38 AM
I finally got it to work when I put it in 1st gear for "start".

Go to: