textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Aaron Crane: Paintings Come Alive

[Post New]by textrekkie on Feb 21, 12 5:21 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Comments for Aaron Crane: Paintings Come Alive

[Post New]by romany09 on Feb 21, 12 5:43 AM
I wonder if Aaron Crane is related to Dominic Crane? I played two of those HOGs and they were kinda offbeat like this one. Anyone remember the developer there?

[Post New]by andyforsaken on Feb 21, 12 6:05 AM
yep. Dominic is Aaron's Dad.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Feb 21, 12 6:20 AM
I have never heard a pigeon sound like a goose before?!!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 21, 12 6:46 AM
I played every area and cleared them. I needed mace for a stone monster but couldn't figure oout where it was and I was tired of going around in circles. This game is not for me, too confusing.

[Post New]by andyforsaken on Feb 21, 12 6:48 AM
the mace is in the portal scene

[Post New]by andyforsaken on Feb 21, 12 6:50 AM
the mace is in the portal scene

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Feb 22, 12 8:54 AM
I tried part of the demo for this game and kept having the feeling that I had purchased 2 similar games from BFG in the past. When I checked my Game Manager, I saw the games in question are DOMINIC CRANE'S DREAMSCAPE MYSTERY and DOMINIC CRANE 2: DARK MYSTERY REVEALED.

I figured that, since this game had the CRANE name on it and the gameplay style was so similar, there must be a connection. This was confirmed when I saw Andyforsaken's post saying that Dominic Crane is Aaron's father.

Yes, the gameplay style is different than usual, but I find it to be an interesting "change-of-pace" experience. For those who hate "hand-holding" games, this one might be just the thing. Give it a try.

It will be a buy for me this month or later.

Classicaljazz

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Feb 22, 12 10:09 AM
I truly hope that this game brings pleasure to those who ask for something different. This is very different, I started off wondering if I would like it at all, actualy I quit once and then decided to go back and give it an honest try. I wound up buying just before I completed the demo. No complaints about it at all. You just have to take your time, use logic, think, and play. Its just a nice change and i'm grateful for it.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 22, 12 10:39 AM
I found the comment thread!!!!

I like the fact that it is different. Yet, it might be a little harder for me... not the puzzles or using the items but just like in regular adventure games I'm always....ok what do I do next? I've been to every available scene can't find anymore objects and the hint says I have to build the bridge.... well I KNOW that... but if I can't reach the other piece how can I? I found the rope but have no clue what to do with it. Oh well... I'll check the wt just to finish the demo.

Oh great... no WT!!! I guess I"m done.

Edited on 02/22/2012 at 10:41:02 AM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Feb 22, 12 10:57 AM
barbee,

Did you get the rag? you put it on the hook at the corner of the house.

[Post New]by longtinb on Feb 22, 12 3:53 PM
how do i finish fixing the boat after i nail the boards. Please help!!

IMLadyRed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by IMLadyRed on Feb 22, 12 4:46 PM
NICE GAME BOUGHT IT , see no broblems with it good job big fish !

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 22, 12 8:00 PM
No... I didn't find a rag. I'll look again.

valerie68
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by valerie68 on Feb 24, 12 4:40 AM
barbee44 wrote:I found the comment thread!!!!

I like the fact that it is different. Yet, it might be a little harder for me... not the puzzles or using the items but just like in regular adventure games I'm always....ok what do I do next? I've been to every available scene can't find anymore objects and the hint says I have to build the bridge.... well I KNOW that... but if I can't reach the other piece how can I? I found the rope but have no clue what to do with it. Oh well... I'll check the wt just to finish the demo.

valerie68
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by valerie68 on Feb 24, 12 4:41 AM

valerie68
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

valerie68
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Feb 27, 12 10:42 PM
I loved this game and would give it at least a 4. It would be wonderful to have more games like this. I thought it was challenging and the hints weren't that much help, but I liked that because the game is all about solving puzzles and it would ruin the challenge if you could just press the hint and find out what do do next. You need to think and search around and try out different solutions and that is what makes a good adventure game. Thank goodness for the walkthrough as I did get stuck and needed it. Everyone was writing that it was too short and while I wish it was longer it wasn't as bad as I expected. Some people wrote that it was super easy and I didn't not think that was true either. If you like adventure games, give this game a chance.

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Mar 1, 12 11:32 AM
I loved the game, too.
I am a IHOG fun however I really liked this F&U (find and use objects) game.
BUT when I finished the demo I found out that I had run more than half the game.

A message to developers:
Dear sirs,
You have a brilliant idea, you spend money and time of your life to make it,
you see that you succeed to have an attractive game, a game that may make you
rich -to say, WHY don't you give it a good length so as to have a complete and satisfactory result?
How many people will be dissapointed because of this and spead the word to others?

I believe that now a days a decent lenght is translated to 4 hours gameplay for an average player

Go to: