Stuck in Komkolzgrad

[Post New]by margie1954fl on Jan 24, 09 7:22 PM
I am stuck. Got off train, spoke with Oscar. Went to the automotran and climbed up. Took al three items from the locker. Took the handle and put it in the center of the control pannel, clicked on the top of the slot twice, then pressed the red button (nothing happened), then clicked on the bottom of the slot. Went back down the automatron and to the train. No man ran out of the train and Oscar is still where is was when I got off the train. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas anyone???????????????

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

Re:Stuck in Komkolzgrad

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 25, 09 7:38 PM
Hi margie, welcome to the forums!

I hope that I can help you, but I confess it sounds like you have already done most of the tasks necessary to complete that part of the game in Komkolzgrad. But just in case, try the following steps and see if it helps.

First, get off the train and look around. Try the double doors in the building and find that they are locked. Talk to Oscar. Click the lever at the near end of the platform where the train is parked; this will bring up the elevator to the mine shaft. You can go down to the mine shaft and explore a little, but Kate needs to get the generator working to turn on the lights.

IThen try repeating where you've already been. Climb the leg of the giant robot. Pick up the voice cylinder, Hans' blueprint plans, and the handle from the cabinet above the bed. Turn right to the control panel and insert the handle in the slot at the center of the panel. Click on the TOP part of the slot twice to move the robot towards the train. Push the red button to wind the train up. Then click once BELOW the handle and step outside onto the metal platform. Inspect the hole in the wall - Kate needs to get in there somehow. Enter the robot again. Click once more BELOW the handle to return the robot to original position, then exit.

It should be at this point as Kate is descending to the platform that she sees the man running away from the train. Go into last room of the train, into the bedroom and untie Oscar by clicking on him. Pick up the metal shears from the floor. Go to the display area and play the new music cylinder on the pedestal. It explains that Hans worked for the Russians. Exit the train. From here you should be able to proceed playing the level.

Hope this helps

[Post New]by margie1954fl on Jan 25, 09 8:52 PM
Thanks, shindy77. I did everything in the order you listed and it worked! Thank you so much!

shindy77
Herring
Herring
319 Posts

[Post New]by shindy77 on Jan 26, 09 11:06 AM
That's great, margie! So glad to hear you were able to proceed with the game. Sometimes with these adventure games, it's just a matter of doing things in the correct order to trigger new events to happen.

Happy gaming!

MrsCs3
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by MrsCs3 on Mar 24, 14 4:39 PM
Does anyone know how to get the monrail started?

Go to: