GETTING RID OF ERROR CODE 809

[Post New]by nanseaaaaa on Feb 21, 12 2:50 PM
IVE TRIED EVERYTHING U POSTED TO GET RID OF THIS DAMN THING.....I JUST MAY QUIT THESE GAMES....WHY DO U MAKE EVERYTHING SO DIFFICULT.....NOT FUN ANYMORE!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:GETTING RID OF ERROR CODE 809

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 21, 12 3:29 PM
Hi nanseaaaaa,

We really want you to be able to enjoy your game, so if the steps in our 'Another Game Currently Running (Error 809)' didn't solve this issue for you, please contact Tech Support so that one of our reps can take a closer look at this with you.

You can click on the above links for more information. Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/21/2012 at 3:35:51 PM PST

[Post New]by tracymc67 on May 4, 12 1:59 PM
[i]
bfgHondo wrote:Hi [b]nanseaaaaa,

We really want you to be able to enjoy your game, so if the steps in our '<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=202">Another Game Currently Running (Error 809)</a>' didn't solve this issue for you, please contact <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> so that one of our reps can take a closer look at this with you.

-bfgHondo

Edited on 05/04/2012 at 2:04:19 PM PST

[Post New]by tracymc67 on May 4, 12 2:01 PM
dont understand

[Post New]by Morgan11997 on May 9, 12 7:46 AM
How do I get rid of error 809 it won't let me play my game !!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 9, 12 11:43 AM
Hi tracymc67 and Morgan11997,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into Error Code 809 when you try to play your game!

This error means that another game is already running. This happens sometimes is the first game has been minimized but not fully closed, or if the game you want to play is taking a long time to open and the "Play" button is clicked again.

If you click the link below, you will find some steps to try to fix this issue:

Another Game Currently Running (Error 809)

But if you try those suggestions are still having trouble, it's definitely a good idea to get in touch with our Tech Support . They'll be able to see how the game is running on your computer and how best to get everything working for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

peg10
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by peg10 on Oct 15, 12 3:36 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi nanseaaaaa,

We really want you to be able to enjoy your game, so if the steps in our '<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=202">Another Game Currently Running (Error 809)</a>' didn't solve this issue for you, please contact <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> so that one of our reps can take a closer look at this with you.

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by FuckingDumbTeam on Jan 8, 13 6:20 AM
hello,
I'm running under windows8 64bit

I have installed and played one of your game, no problem

but then I installed 3 of your games, and now the game manager give me the error code 809, even if I restart my computer, wait one minute after i try to launch a game...

in fact, in the task manager, 2 instance of the game appears and desappears immediatly, a background process with no icon called 'Big Fish Games: Game services Application (32 bit)' is instancied
then, if I try to launch a game again, I get the error 809

and if I exit the game manager, the process 'Big Fish Games: Game services Application (32 bit)' is still here

if I kill this process, the same workflow described above take place

finaly, I think that the problem comes from your dev team who are overpaid castrated dumb monkeys...

Edited on 01/08/2013 at 6:29:03 AM PST

[Post New]by LadyJagFan54 on Apr 6, 13 3:37 PM
I too am having the same problem all of a sudden. I am truly tired of bigfish games and their constant problems. I have bought at least 15 games this company. I think it may be time to look elsewhere for my gaming pleasure. You say report it to bigfish tech support. It takes 2 or 3 days for anyone to respond meanwhile you cant play what you have paid for. Ridiculous. Why do they have these forums if the only response you can get is to contact tech support. Why is there not a tech responding to these threads?

Orchid_Witch
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by Orchid_Witch on Jun 18, 13 7:52 AM
One thing that people should understand is that Big Fish does NOT put out bugged games or games with problems. The problems, generally, start occurring on PCs that may have an outdated video card, lack of sufficient memory, fragmented disc drive, or a host of other aspects that any PC can have. These games are designed on REALLY good computer systems. The only thing that Big Fish IS guilty of is hoping that everyone has a great computer and that everyone keeps that computer at peak efficiency.
The good news is, you DON'T need the top of the line computer. Defrag your system every now and then, delete unnecessary programs or just run a cleanup. Update your video card. Or simply do what's recommended, contact Big Fish tech support. They are the best that I've ever found. Unlike any other tech support they're out to HELP you, not to take your money. They will give you a great insight into what's happening in your computer, and how it can improve your gaming experiences.

stilldixon
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by stilldixon on Sep 2, 13 8:46 AM
Actually, though they may not put out games with bugs, they do have serious issues with their new game manager. It is not always someone's computer. I have worked with these guys for years and spent quite a bit of money here, but this new manager has serious bugs. It is not my computer since everything ran well up to this point. Try not to be so condescending to your fellow fishes.

[Post New]by columbonet on Sep 17, 13 4:39 PM
stilldixon wrote:Actually, though they may not put out games with bugs, they do have serious issues with their new game manager. It is not always someone's computer. I have worked with these guys for years and spent quite a bit of money here, but this new manager has serious bugs. It is not my computer since everything ran well up to this point. Try not to be so condescending to your fellow fishes.

Agreed. I had to uninstall game manager 3.2 and re-install game manager 3.0. After going back to an older version, all works well.

[Post New]by DennySF on Sep 24, 13 5:39 PM
I just love the **** who has to blame other peoples' computers when it's completely obvious that we all have windows 8 (so under 1 yr old) & most are also computer saavy.

I have bought over 30 games for my grandkids & have had nothing but problems with their **** game manager. Since I have a lawyer who works for my company, I'm thinking of a class action suit against them. Anyone want to join me?

[Post New]by Rita1955 on Oct 3, 14 8:27 PM
I got the error code 809. I tryed to restart my computer that didn't work. So I shut my puter off and turned it back on and it worked for me. Hope it work's for everybody.

[Post New]by Rita1955 on Dec 1, 14 7:55 PM
When I try at open the game it say's set video mode failed. I uninstalled it and it still said the same thing, game will not even load.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 2, 14 3:36 PM
Hey Rita1955

I'm sorry to see there's trouble with the game! Please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

Go to: