jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

dog food

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 21, 12 8:55 PM
Is there a trick in putting the laxative on the dog food? Or do I just keep at it?

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Re:dog food

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 22, 12 3:38 AM
You may have missed it, but in the menu, there's a SG.

Have fun.

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 22, 12 8:23 AM
I have gone to that & the walk through. I have 3 cannon balls and the blue tower is all that is left on my to do list. It keeps telling me that the laxative is not used here or not with this item. I have shut down and restarted my lap top. It seems to be a version or the silverware glitch that also appears at this stage of the game. I want to finish....

[Post New]by Shitzadorina on Feb 22, 12 2:53 PM
Yeah, pretty sure these are linked.

Even if I got the laxative in the dogfood, it took me about five tries before it actually worked. But afterwards, I got stuck in the silverware glitch, and now I hope they can fix it. I wan't to continue as soon as possible.

[Post New]by aspaki on Feb 24, 12 2:06 PM
try the gears in the car, there is a cannon ball . and try many times the laxative in the dig food... have fun

[Post New]by aspaki on Feb 24, 12 2:08 PM
also put the silver on the blue cloth so you can polish them

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 25, 12 10:31 AM
SPOILER ALERT -- "Laxative into Food"

There are certain things that need to be done before you can put the "Laxative" into Winston's food bowl.

Gear Shift, in car, puzzle
Armory - fire the cannon
Assemble plates in dining room
Put silverware into box

One I got the aforementioned things done, I was able to put the "Laxative" into Winston's food bowl. Prior to finishing the above steps, the "laxative" would NOT go on top of the food.

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 10:32:43 AM PST

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 25, 12 10:38 AM
Hi jennipurr:

SPOILER ALERT:

You need 4 cannon balls in order to play the cannon puzzle.

Cannon balls are located:
Gear-shift puzzle in car
Shoot cannon in Armory; glass case
Dining Room -- open box, clean sliverware and insert them into box (you must also have the lobster fork from the Bedchamber) Once that is done, get a cannon ball.
Balcony -- feed Winston (with laxative); enter his house and get a cannon ball.

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 25, 12 8:57 PM
I have 3 of the 4 cannon balls, just need the one in the dog house. If I can not put the laxative on the food Winston can not leave to do his business and let me at the last cannon ball. I had no problems with the silverware, gear shift or the other cannon ball in the armory, just this last one in the dog house....grrrrr

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 8:58:28 PM PST

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 26, 12 7:54 AM
Hi jennipurr:

I was just going through my notes, and trying to see what you may have missed.

Did you grab the Easter Egg on the shelf above the silver box, in the Dining Room?
You don't need it for anything, but you just need to grab it.
In the Bedchamber, did you grab Key, Fountain Pen and Winston's bowl?

I was just reading the Strategy Guide, and one thing stuck out, that was underlined. "All scroll items must be picked up before you give Winston the food with the laxative".

Balcony:
Put bowl in front of Winston
Put Dog Food into the bowl
Put Laxative on top of food
Click on Dog House when Winston is gone and pick up #4 cannon ball.

I hope this helps you. If you did the aforementioned things, you might want to try deleting and reloading the game, in case you got a bad download. You will not have to start over, your place will be saved. I can't think of anything else.

Edited on 02/26/2012 at 8:10:54 AM PST

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 26, 12 9:15 AM
I have all the scroll items. Those are all blank. All I have left is the 4th cannon ball (dog house) and the blue tower. I can add the dog food to Winston's bowl, but not the laxative.

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 26, 12 9:17 AM
I have all the scroll items. Those are all blank. All I have left is the 4th cannon ball (dog house) and the blue tower. I can add the dog food to Winston's bowl, but not the laxative which I must have tried to add at least 75 times now.

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 26, 12 10:18 AM
My theory is that it is not so much the laxative, but the 4th cannon ball. The rest of you did the cloth last, I did it 3rd, and had no trouble with it. But now that I need the last cannon ball to finish the level, the game hangs up. I have re-installed the game too and have the same issue.

Edited on 02/26/2012 at 10:19:29 AM PST

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 26, 12 1:43 PM
Hi jennipurr:

Use the Green Envelope and contact Big Fish.
Let them know what your problem is.

Maybe you found a problem with the game.

Edited on 02/26/2012 at 1:43:37 PM PST

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 26, 12 2:52 PM
jcsgame wrote:Hi jennipurr:

Use the Green Envelope and contact Big Fish.
Let them know what your problem is.

Maybe you found a problem with the game.
Yes, I have used the green envelope. Just waiting for a fix now. Hope it is soon.

[Post New]by Shaysho on Mar 24, 12 6:36 AM
Did you ever get a fix for this issue? I am having the same problem and I am very frustrated.

[Post New]by Shaysho on Mar 24, 12 6:37 AM
Did you ever get a fix for this issue? I am having the same problem and I am very frustrated.

[Post New]by Xiaron on Apr 10, 12 6:57 PM
I have exactly the same problem. Is there a fix? I have done EVERYTHING in this scene, found all scroll items, the only thing left is to put the laxative in the food, but it keeps saying I can't use these two items together. This is really frustrating!

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Oct 10, 12 4:37 AM
I am having the same problem with the laxative. There are three items left in inventory: dog food (the bowl has been in place for fifiteen feedings), the laxative and the three of four cannonballs.

I have tried adding the laxative and everytime it says these two items do not go together.

This game was real nice up to this point. I guess this is how it ends for some of us.

Go to: