bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any American Pickers: The Road Less Traveled technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 22, 12 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Post any American Pickers: The Road Less Traveled technical issues here only

[Post New]by grannyq on Feb 22, 12 2:04 AM
The game dl was great. I tried it and it immediately went to a small icon @ the bottom of my screen. I never could get the full screen up. I uninstalled and tried again with the same results. Strange I,ve never had this happen before. Anyway I saved the $.

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Feb 22, 12 3:49 AM
When I clicked play button received the following 2 errors:

Display Change Failed
Hardware failed to switch to the specified mode

Fatal-ISV (..\..\source\t2d\t2dUtility.cc@184
A fatal error has occured and the application must exit. Video device could not be initialized.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 22, 12 9:59 AM
Hi ajwiggin,

Hmm... I'm not sure if I've ever seen that error message before.

If you haven't already, please send a screenshot of that error message, along with a Dr. Felix report, to our Tech Support team, and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

For more info, you can click on the bold blue words above.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 22, 12 10:02 AM
grannyq wrote:The game dl was great. I tried it and it immediately went to a small icon @ the bottom of my screen. I never could get the full screen up. I uninstalled and tried again with the same results. Strange I,ve never had this happen before. Anyway I saved the $.

Hi grannyq,

If you're interesting in giving this game another shot, I'd encourage you to give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

(Particularly the steps in the 'Update your video card' and 'Adjust your graphics settings' sections)

If the game still won't run properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

niki93
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by niki93 on Feb 22, 12 11:27 AM
I bought the game after the trail was over, open the game and it's back to the 1st hidden object, but all object are gone and they want me to find the hidden secrect item. Which I already have. What now?

Cryst1781
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Cryst1781 on Feb 22, 12 11:46 AM
niki93 wrote:I bought the game after the trail was over, open the game and it's back to the 1st hidden object, but all object are gone and they want me to find the hidden secrect item. Which I already have. What now?

I was just coming in to say the same thing. I started over again but then closed it and am back to the same problem. I am not able to continue where I left off. Frustrated, because I also bought this game.

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Feb 22, 12 1:54 PM
I also am having the same problem. First the game gave me the Blue Screen of Death. Then, when I rebooted and went back into the game, I was brought to the first screen which showed all the items gone ( I had already finished the level) and had the eye to find the the special object ( which I had already found) and could not move on.

I uninstalled the game, rebooted my computer, and reinstalled the game and have the same issue. If I remember correctly, I had the same issue with the first American Pickers game.

Any suggestions from BFG or any other players????

Thanks.

[Post New]by gamesparkler on Feb 22, 12 3:32 PM
Tried to load the gamebut kept getting error. tried twice and decided not to try again.

[Post New]by gamesparkler on Feb 22, 12 3:32 PM
Tried to load the gamebut kept getting error. tried twice and decided not to try again.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 22, 12 4:43 PM
tubergal wrote:I also am having the same problem. First the game gave me the Blue Screen of Death. Then, when I rebooted and went back into the game, I was brought to the first screen which showed all the items gone ( I had already finished the level) and had the eye to find the the special object ( which I had already found) and could not move on.

I uninstalled the game, rebooted my computer, and reinstalled the game and have the same issue. If I remember correctly, I had the same issue with the first American Pickers game.

Any suggestions from BFG or any other players????

Thanks.

Hi tubergal (and others),

If uninstalling and reinstalling your game didn't do the trick, you may need to start over with a new player profile to resolve this issue. Let us know if that works!

If not, please feel free to contact Tech Support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Feb 22, 12 5:50 PM
Hondo....the work around worked til I got to the same place in the game and then got the Blue Screen of Death again. Is there an issue with the game????? It seems that there are others that are having similar problems.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 24, 12 10:52 AM
Hi tubergal,

If you're still getting the dreaded BSOD , please take a moment to review the information in the below help article to make sure that your video card drivers and other graphics software are all up-to-date:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I hope that helps! If not, we're pretty limited in our troubleshooting capabilities via the Forums, so please contact our Tech Support if further assistance is needed.

Best of luck!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by chobitpersocom on Feb 24, 12 2:03 PM
I went to d/l and play it on my work computer and now I cannot. There is no download button.

I bought it yesterday w/ a token and now it isn't listed in my account but my token is gone.

What gives?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 24, 12 4:43 PM
Hi chobitpersocom,

We apologize for the confusion, but unfortunately this game has been removed from our site and can no longer be downloaded from the product page. But not to worry!

If you've already purchased this game, it should still be in your Purchase History, and can be downloaded by following the steps in this help article:

Reinstall a Purchased Game

If you're still unable to access this game, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, and one of our reps would be happy to assist you with this.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/24/2012 at 5:25:27 PM PST

[Post New]by julzt02 on Feb 25, 12 6:35 AM
My anti-virus detected a trojan virus in this game and quarantined it. Any reports of that?

I uninstalled it and did a full virus scan.

[Post New]by FisherOfZen on Feb 25, 12 8:01 AM
grannyq wrote:The game dl was great. I tried it and it immediately went to a small icon @ the bottom of my screen. I never could get the full screen up. I uninstalled and tried again with the same results. Strange I,ve never had this happen before. Anyway I saved the $.

Same thing happened to me. I have tried everything. Re-install, reboot three times, ran virus detection, ran registry cleaner. Still nothing.

[Post New]by jmshick711 on Feb 26, 12 10:13 AM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi chobitpersocom,

We apologize for the confusion, but unfortunately this game has been removed from our site and can no longer be downloaded from the product page. But not to worry!

If you've already purchased this game, it should still be in your <a href="https://store.bigfishgames.com/my_account/my_purchase_history.php">Purchase History</a>, and can be downloaded by following the steps in this help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=459">Reinstall a Purchased Game</a>

If you're still unable to access this game, please get in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Customer Support</a> team, and one of our reps would be happy to assist you with this.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Why has this game been removed from your site but those who have downloaded the trial are still able to purchase it. I do not agree with having to create a new profile and go through the game from the beginning when I have already spent some time on it just because there is a bug in the game that BFG is selling that does not allow users to complete the game from where they left off or resetting to the last save point. Frustrating that I have spent money on this game just to find out that it has been removed from your site. I think that BFG should be refunding people or allowing for a free game since there are bugs in the game and it has been removed from your site.

[Post New]by jmshick711 on Feb 26, 12 10:18 AM
The game is not available to be redownloaded and even though I have the receipt showing that I just purchased it I am not seeing it under My Account Big Fish Game Club Account Activity.

[Post New]by marshamarsha on Jul 15, 12 6:44 PM
The same thing happened to me! I, too, bought the game after the trial was over. After 1st play and coming back later, there is no getting past that barn scene. All items on the list were previously found & the secret object, too. That dumb eyeball still wants me to find the secret object and I stupidly spent an hour trying to click on the object. What gives? Seems like a bunch of us have been ripped off with a game that is stuck. I want a refund!

Go to: