shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for American Pickers: The Road Less Traveled

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Feb 22, 12 5:10 AM
Annie1115 wrote:Really? This is your answer to a significantly less than stellar week of SE's and The Scruffs? Really? Wow. Not impressed. Just curious...are the game developers on strike? Here's a tip...give them what they want.

Another no purchase day for me. My bank account thanks you.

Hello Annie1115,
In my opinion this is what you get when you read the multitude of threads and posts saying "We are tired of dark and eerie, we want bright and cheery". I have been thinking all along, as I read an increasing number of these threads and posts, "Be careful what you wish for!" I am worried this is what you get:. American Pickers, The Scruffs.. and more like them.... oh, no... LOL

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Comments for American Pickers: The Road Less Traveled

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 22, 12 5:18 AM
Well, I never said I am tired of dark and eerie. I love dark and eerie.

Hi Shadowfax...

Well, playing this game, I felt like crying. It was that bad.

The only options are: Music, Sound Effect, Full Screen.

No choice of custom or system cursor - just one ugly custom cursor.

Some voice-over.

And there is a huge amount of "talk" going on, which you can skip, but still. You even get it while trying to find the hideously hidden objects in the messy HOS (hidden object scenes). At least the HINT button refills fast enough, because it is needed.

If I had seen this game advertised 4 years ago, then maybe I would have bought it, being only used to straight HOGs with little or no animation. But for today's standards, this is a real stinker. Sorry, but that's how I feel about it. Couldn't even bring myself to play the full hour.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 22, 12 7:02 AM
I don't think this is what most people think of when they say they want a break from dark and eerie. There have been many games that are not dark and eerie yet still worth playing. I own many mtself. Can't pull them all out of my head right now but the Awakening games and Enlightening games are just two of many.

This is light and cheesy.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 22, 12 8:10 AM
I love watching this show on tv but I really don't like hidden object games that much so, I won't be buying this one. Thanks for trying BF.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Feb 22, 12 8:50 AM
There are no choices, no bargaining chips and little latitude in the play. This game is not a buy for me!

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 22, 12 12:26 PM
I sure thought this game would have been better than the other one that came out months ago. It WAS a let down. The other one just seemed too short. I would have loved it if there was more to do/longer. This one does seem long as it has many locations and there are two or more scenes per location. I may get this eventually because I do like a more simple game on the days I work 12 hours and need a distraction. But big picture...what a let down.

Edited on 02/22/2012 at 12:27:12 PM PST

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Feb 22, 12 1:54 PM
i don't care for this game at all. even on tv they hagle and here it is what they want to bundle for you and then straight paying for the asking price. i don't like the nerve wracking music, no relaxation to it at all. i really enjoy pickers and this american pickers is so totally upsetting and if you ever watched the show it makes it less appealing. a no buy for me.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 22, 12 2:02 PM
Don't think I'll "pick" this one...

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 22, 12 2:26 PM
If I had to pick this game or the former Pickers, the other has much more options and playability, different modes. Both are equally difficult seeing objects in piles on a small screen. But I wouldn't pick this game if it were the only one and free.

The endless dialogue and senseless banter between the characters is irritating and a total waste of gametime. I'm a slow player and normally read all the stories and dialogue as it usually enhances the experience or gives some clues. Nothing worth hearing on this game, afraid if skipping I'd miss a clue or how to something. Maybe those who watch the show know and love the characters and could find it fun for them speaking to you on your very own computer

2 locations and a lot of profit later (which I didn't get to deal, they decided) I let them park their van somewhere in the boonies and came home with Exit. No thanks.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 22, 12 2:50 PM
I didn't like the first one, and I don't like this one either. I like hos, but this one didn't have the mystery that I like. I prefer hunting for clues, and solving puzzles, as well as solving mysteries.

[Post New]by baltimore_babe on Feb 23, 12 1:07 AM
If you like that television show "My Name Is Earl" you will like this game. I like the bright and cheery aspect of it but not the loud shouting and greed, and forget about the haggle aspect! That spoils it for me;

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 23, 12 2:51 AM
I don't think that just because I like a TV show, that I would automatically like the game based on it.

I always liked Tim Allen's "Home Improvement" series, but if that TV show was done in any way like this game was done, then I definitely wouldn't want to play it.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Feb 23, 12 5:27 AM
Valdy wrote:If I had seen this game advertised 4 years ago, then maybe I would have bought it, being only used to straight HOGs with little or no animation. But for today's standards, this is a real stinker. Sorry, but that's how I feel about it. Couldn't even bring myself to play the full hour.

Thanks . . . I was hoping it would be a sequel to the other Pickers game . . . After what you say, though, I won't bother to spend the time trying to download the demo . . .

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Feb 24, 12 4:14 AM
I was so excited when I saw this as American Pickers is a must see for me, but after playing the game for just a very few minutes, it is a no buy for me. I was very disappointed in the game play...you can't make deals, you can't go through and pick what you think may be a good buy, like they do in the show. They have dumbed the game down to a basic hidden object game that has items so small it is difficult to find them. I am not a hog fan but I definitely would have purchased this game because of the show if the game play would have more like the show, as the dialogue in the game is. Maybe you can take it back to the drawing board and make it more like the show. I'd reconsider the purchase then.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Mar 4, 12 8:22 PM
"Pickers" is the best one. you get to haggle and can leave and go back and it is fun and enjoyable. try "pickers" you'll love it. you can take it to auction or open the store and sell to the public. you compete against others in the game computer and try to rise to the top. so much fun. relaxing and enjoyable too.

Go to: