bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Depths of Betrayal Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 23, 12 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Post any Depths of Betrayal Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Feb 23, 12 2:57 AM
The game began quite normal until I tried to enter the train station after the crash. An error violation box appeared and of course the game shut down immediately. I considered it a one time fluke that could be overcome on a second attempt. So I started the game over, progressed to the same point and the same error violation occured which tells me to just bypass this game and wait for another one tomorrow. I am not wasting anymore time here scouring for pseudo fixes that don't alleviate the issue or made to jump through hoops to fix it, even in the off-chance a solution exists. Crap happens... and I am just moving on. This immediate error was a Godsend in my opinion, better early that to have it happen very late in the game and at the point where you are craving a solution to the game and waste countless days hoping for a fix or an updated version of the game.

[Post New]by JATemp on Feb 23, 12 10:08 AM
Downloaded trial and once installed told me that the trial had ended before I had a chance to play it very disappointed

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 23, 12 10:09 AM
mouseclick2 wrote:The game began quite normal until I tried to enter the train station after the crash. An error violation box appeared and of course the game shut down immediately.

Hi mouseclick2,

Just in case you want to give this game another shot, the steps in the following help article have helped others in the past who have received this error message:

Access Violation

If your game still doesn't run properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 10:10:50 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 23, 12 10:11 AM
JATemp wrote:Downloaded trial and once installed told me that the trial had ended before I had a chance to play it very disappointed

Hi JATemp,

If you haven't already, please try closing and re-opening your Game Manager to see if that resets your time. If it doesn't, I'd encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

If that doesn't help either, please refer to the following help article for more information:

Why has the trial period expired?

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Cr8tvfmle1 on Feb 23, 12 11:57 AM
I love the concept of the game, as it reminds my the Treasure Seekers series. As much as I would love to buy the game, the cursor is "lagging". Is there a fix?

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Feb 23, 12 1:32 PM
I payed for this game. PLayed for about an hour. Gave an IP address conflict when I closed out of game. Now I cant get any games to work from another site I play games . I deleted this game and restart my PC,and still nothing. Im very upset that thios game has messed up my computer. I dont what to do.,

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 23, 12 2:40 PM
Hi grouchypants,

Oh no! I'm not really sure what might've caused this, but I'd definitely encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support reps, as they might have a better idea.

You can click on the above link for more info.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 2:40:45 PM PST

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Feb 23, 12 3:06 PM
Yes thank you .. Its still messed up. I ran Full Scan with Nortons. Nothing found. Live Chat doesnt seen to work. I check with Tech Support. Might be a trip to the Geek Squard. Im really upset.. I was always afraid this might happen 1 day. Nortons checked before download so I dont know.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Feb 23, 12 6:49 PM
I played for 15 minutes and was enjoying it. Had to exit out. My screen was all out of whack after I exited--my bottom bar was missing. Tried to open task manager, but it wouldn't stay on the screen. What I could see for the second that the task manager opened was that the game was still running. Couldn't end the game (because the task manager would not stay on the screen). Finally got the blue screen of death.

Don't want to try to fix it, don't want to buy it. I mean, the blue screen of death from a little game??? Oh HECK no!!!!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Feb 23, 12 11:33 PM
well the d/l went fine...typed in player name, went fine...got to first screen and two large white vertical bars crossing over the view...ctrl/alt/delete got me out but not sure if I want to do anything more....just went thru a dr.felix.fix and am pretty tired of it all!...sorry no buy!

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Feb 24, 12 10:58 AM
Played for about 35 minutes - went to go into alley after the train journey and the following message came up - "Access violation at 0x00528D2F (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated". Uhh????

Amaootta
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amaootta on Feb 24, 12 2:54 PM
Problems with download servers?

I've tried to download the full game for a long time now. Everything goes smoothly as ever until the download reaches 35-40% when it hits its head and starts to crawl. I've tried to pause the download and continuing, no help. I've tried killing the download and restarting it, no help. Always at 35-40% it hits brakes...

Any ideas?

Never mind, got it finally done... Just haven't seen this slow downloads since I was on a 56k modem...

Edited on 02/24/2012 at 3:18:05 PM PST

[Post New]by slappysquirrelri on Feb 24, 12 4:47 PM
Game keeps crashing when I try to leave the boiler room after collecting the bow tie.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 25, 12 12:50 AM
Hi fishies,

Those of you seeing a garbled display, Access Violation errors or are experiencing crashes, please try updating some of the graphical components needed for this game if you hadn't already. You can find the steps in the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

LNtheSpy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LNtheSpy on Feb 25, 12 7:39 AM
NO ONE ...! Has addressed the lagging curser issue??? Stuck on the balloon filling part curser is so slow can not complete task. Anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by pauly358 on Feb 25, 12 5:18 PM
I found the piece of the sign needed in the boiler room scene. I then added the sign to the circle of objects but the place for it is still outlined in red and since the sign is now gone I can't retrieve whatever object I need. I won't be able to continue the game without the object.

Fafallina
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Fafallina on Feb 25, 12 11:35 PM
pauly358 wrote:I found the piece of the sign needed in the boiler room scene. I then added the sign to the circle of objects but the place for it is still outlined in red and since the sign is now gone I can't retrieve whatever object I need. I won't be able to continue the game without the object.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me too. I found the missing piece of the sign, added it to the sign and dragged the whole thing over to the circle of objects. But the place for it is still outlined in red and the sign itself has gone from the RHS of the scene. If I try to pick up the T-bar the circle of objects opens up.

[Post New]by queenpixie on Feb 26, 12 5:25 AM
LNtheSpy wrote:NO ONE ...! Has addressed the lagging curser issue??? Stuck on the balloon filling part curser is so slow can not complete task. Anyone else having this problem?

I am...two to three second delays....

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 26, 12 3:52 PM
Hi everyone

LNtheSpy and queenpixie - if the cursor is giving you trouble one thing that might be worth trying is turning off the custom cursor and see if that makes a difference (Click to start the game, click Options, and uncheck the box for custom cursor). For some games using the computer's cursor gets it to work better.

Fafallina and pauly358 - if you're missing an item I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that). This won't lose your spot in the game but can help make sure your inventory is looking the way it should.

If you're still running into trouble after that I'd check in with our Tech Support team and one of our reps would be happy to help out.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Go to: