bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Glow Fish

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 23, 12 12:32 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Glow Fish? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Glow Fish page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Glow Fish

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 23, 12 12:35 AM
Hi fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

melrat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by melrat on Feb 23, 12 3:56 PM
This is actually an entertaining game. Very easy going, something you can play when you have to fill time or just want to relax. The graphics are fun and the game mechanics are very well put together.

8/10

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Feb 24, 12 1:33 AM
I nearly didn't try this, as it isn't the sort of game I usually like, but I gave it a try - and ended up buying it!

It's a deceptively simple yet complex little game. You gather little glow fish and they trail after you. if you circle a monster with one or more glow fish following you, it/they throws glows at the monster (which shrinks). if you have three or more glow fish following you a press of the button makes them spin round you - if a monster changes from pink to blue when you do that, you can kill it. Of course, things can kill you too, creatures, rock traps, etc, but you just continue from the last place you dropped off glow fish. The tab button is very useful - it brings up a map and you can see the hidden areas on it. Spolier (highlight to read): If you see a hidden area but no path to it, try going through the walls (there are hidden paths). Spoiler end,

The game is a sort of cross between a maze and a rescue mission - and very appropriate for the BFG site.

It's is the sort of game you could play for hours - or play for a while every so often to while away a spare ten minutes or half hour.

Oh, and I had no technical problems with it at all.

bee4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by bee4u on Feb 24, 12 9:42 AM
I really like this game and didn't think that I would. It's peacful and stressing all at the same time. If your thinking about getting it you won't be sorry. Gotta go back to the game now.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Feb 24, 12 3:48 PM
I've had this game for about a year and just love it!! There's as much of a challenge as you want from easy just gathering what you need to get through to seeking out all of the hidden spots and getting all of the trophies. Very different from most available games.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 25, 12 11:40 PM
i dont review many games but here goes,,this is one i am recommending to my friends who all are looking for something different

but for this i had too, this is such a different fun game, i had to submit my opinion of it, we are always asking for something different, and here it is,
this game is long (very long, been playing 2 days straight and still am not done) fun and completly addicting, there are achievements to get, the quest for gold stars, and helpers to collect.
you are a fish, and you collect baby fish, and try to reach the goal.sounds simple...it,s not...trying to figure out the right way to get to the end of a level is tough,,not to mention getting to the end with 4 gold stars...some leves you have to solve puzzles in which way you swim, some you cant get hit, or you have to collect more babies,

this is just a darn fun game to play, wtg devs,, and btw,,,,its untimed for those that dont like timed games,

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 25, 12 11:40 PM
i dont review many games but here goes,,this is one i am recommending to my friends who all are looking for something different

but for this i had too, this is such a different fun game, i had to submit my opinion of it, we are always asking for something different, and here it is,
this game is long (very long, been playing 2 days straight and still am not done) fun and completly addicting, there are achievements to get, the quest for gold stars, and helpers to collect.
you are a fish, and you collect baby fish, and try to reach the goal.sounds simple...it,s not...trying to figure out the right way to get to the end of a level is tough,,not to mention getting to the end with 4 gold stars...some leves you have to solve puzzles in which way you swim, some you cant get hit, or you have to collect more babies,

this is just a darn fun game to play, wtg devs,, and btw,,,,its untimed for those that dont like timed games,

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 25, 12 11:55 PM
wanted to add, this is the kind of game, that a lot of people will just pass on unless someone tells them about it(i almost did) so for any that think its a hoot ,like me, post reviews in other forums,,,

really a refreshing change in a game imo

[Post New]by chenckel on Feb 28, 12 7:51 PM
beautiful game, simple yet challenging, great for my 10 yr old, she gets mesmerized with the graphics and the music

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Mar 2, 12 7:32 PM
I didn't like it. No instructions, or real goals.

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Mar 2, 12 7:32 PM

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Mar 2, 12 7:33 PM

Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Marg2 on Mar 3, 12 10:32 AM
Just to set things straight in response to a previous post - there are instructions, short, and to the point. There is a help screen as well. As for "no real goal," you have to rescue Coraline from the evil Dr. Urchin. Not so different from goals in hundreds of other games.

This looks to me like a platformer type game. It is beautifully done, backgrounds are layered giving it a three dimensional look and feel. Very refreshing to find a game different from the norm. I love this game. Wish there were more out there like it.

mlogan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mlogan on Aug 8, 12 6:18 PM
I downloaded the trial not sure what to expect. A few minutes in and I was hooked. I purchased it before the trial was up, a rare thing for me, especially considering I purchased an extra game credit to get it.

The music and scenery are so beautiful and relaxing, it reminded me of watching a big aquarium. The characters are adorable and the game play is challenging and fun. My daughters love watching and playing too. Whilel they are a bit young for it, they can get through some of the first levels.

This is definitely a unique game in so many aspects. I highly recommend it.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Oct 29, 12 9:07 PM
Pretty colors. Boring

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Apr 9, 13 6:07 PM

Pretty to look at

but didn't play well on my machine.

Choppy, jerky motions that were in slow motion,

so I would get caught by the bad guys every time.

Very frustrating.

Too bad, sounds like others are really enjoying it.

Angel

Go to: