bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Adventures of Robinson Crusoe forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 24, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Adventures of Robinson Crusoe forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Adventures of Robinson Crusoe players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Adventures of Robinson Crusoe forum

[Post New]by AWillowsBreeze on Jan 24, 09 11:56 PM
I bought and downloaded this game, as I enjoy hidden objects games. But I can't get this game to open. It starts to open goes to a minimized black screen then freezes. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Is anyone else having problems with the game?

Willow

redneck57
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by redneck57 on Jan 25, 09 12:00 AM
I just finished playing and I loved it. You are able to find tips in each scene so that is a plus. Beautiful graphics. Plenty of hidden objects and problems to solve. Just hard enough so you don't get frustrated. I highly reccomend it.

frogspawn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by frogspawn on Jan 25, 09 12:02 AM
Willow, I'd contact customer support right away.

Sounds like a video card issue.

redneck57
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by redneck57 on Jan 25, 09 12:03 AM
That happened to me the first time. I uninstalled it and turned off my computer. Turned it back on and reinstalled and then it worked great. Hope this helps.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 25, 09 1:35 AM
What a good game, finished it last night, but am going to play again. Excellent graphics and not too easy, just challenging enough.

[Post New]by GarthV8der on Jan 25, 09 1:37 AM
It did the same thing to me, plus it took 9 min. of playing time away from me,and i haven't even played it yet.

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Jan 25, 09 2:15 AM
It's done the same thing to me also and I've reinstalled it twice, and yes it does take time away from you when you haven't even been able to play it yet, which is disappointing since others seem to be enjoying this game. I'm going to try uninstalling it again, turning off my computer and reinstalling it one more time and see what happens. I tried uninstalling it again and restarting my computer and reinstalling this game and it still locks up. While I have task manager open and I start this game it shows that this game is not responding when this game tries to open. I must have a flaw with this program and my computer, it is odd that this is the only game that I have a problem with. If anyone out there has any suggestions let me know, I would really like to try this game. Thanks.

Edited on 01/25/2009 at 2:52:28 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 25, 09 3:36 AM
This is one of the best games I have played since i finshed sleeply hollow, Big Fish games Rock's I hope they keep up the excellent work.. I am so hooked on many games
I really give this game a 10 plus..I finshed this game to fast I did wished it was longer..This game Rocks..

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jan 25, 09 3:54 AM
How long was the game, i want to buy it but after the Haunted House 2 that was soooooooooooo short, i'm not sure ..... It's put me off buying games now ....

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 25, 09 5:33 AM
It took me 4 hours to finish the first time, but I've heard from other people who took less. Depends on whether you skip the minigames, or get stuck on something. Good replay value.

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by gjnashif on Jan 25, 09 5:40 AM
If you play all the levels and do not skip any puzzles in relaxed mode it should take about 4-5 hours. Most people finish these games earlier because they use too many hints and skip puzzles, I try and use no hints at all unless I have too, and I skip no puzzles.

The puzzles here can be a real challenge, but not impossible, there was one with pipes and a flower bed, which took me 45 minutes to do, it was great fun, but I did figure it out. I did not realize I had such great patience. Take your time, don't be in such a rush to finish the game. These games are like fine wines, you need to savor it slowly to really enjoy the taste.

I am not sure how many levels, but I think there are six chapters with 6 levels to each one.... I just started the Chapter where he meets Friday, not sure which one that is but I think it is 3. By the way the story holds true to the book. And the hand drawn cut scenes are gorgeous.... at least that is one man's opinion.

[Post New]by reggie1114 on Jan 25, 09 5:44 AM
How do I find the wax seal? I am lost at the beginning.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 25, 09 5:46 AM
reggie1114 wrote:How do I find the wax seal? I am lost at the beginning.
The wax seal is inside a box or small chest that you have to open.

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jan 25, 09 8:11 AM
I think i'll buy it, I too don't like to skip puzzles and read all the story etc ....

4- 5 hours is fine, it's just when I bought the Haunted house one I finished it in an hour after I bought it

Lou

[Post New]by karmaqueen15 on Jan 25, 09 8:33 AM
Tried the game last night, and had to buy it! The graphics are really nice, and the puzzles are hard enough to make it interesting. I love the fact that it has a relaxed mode, eventhough I usually like to play timed (I am really competative, even with mysef) LOL.
First time writing in the forum, but want to give my 2 cents worth after reading and benefitiing for quite a while.

Happy hunting!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 25, 09 8:36 AM
Welcome to the pond Karmaqueen!

I've played through Robinson Crusoe twice now, first relaxed second timed. Timed wasn't as much fun, and it wasn't because it was my second time through either. I really enjoy being able to take as much time I want to, and not have to resort to using hints to find things until I'm ready to give up.

[Post New]by Corbyjo on Jan 25, 09 8:59 AM
Can someone help me, please? I am stuck on the or rather in the Old Goats Cave in the center of the island area
of the game. I have the spear head and have found all the objects but am unable to find either the spear shaft or find the whole dino eggs.

Can someone please help me in finding the eggs or tell me what and where to look. I swear I have looked and clicked on everything in that scean.

Thanks in advance'
Corbyjo

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 25, 09 9:03 AM
There is no spear shaft. (at least when I played it) Pick up the spear head, and mouse over the sand until your mouse pointer turns to a grasping hand. There are at least 2 of these spots. Dig in each spot; one of them will have the dragon egg.

zuziq
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by zuziq on Jan 25, 09 9:40 AM
AWillowsBreeze wrote:I bought and downloaded this game, as I enjoy hidden objects games. But I can't get this game to open. It starts to open goes to a minimized black screen then freezes. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Is anyone else having problems with the game?

Willow

Having the same problem. I tried uninstalling, turning off computer and reinstalling. Still having the same problem. I have lost 16 min of play time and have not even gotten to play 1 min. Wish someone was at BFG support on the weekend.

Go to: