need polishing cloth again

[Post New]by mattatkeith on Feb 23, 12 8:17 AM
found the polishing cloth to polish silverware and did but not all silverware got polished and wont let me put them in box,so I am not able to get the fourth cannon ball. I am stuck........I have no blue cloth to polish with,the silverware just lays on cloth with polish jar on the side.I need to know how to polish the last three silverware.

Re:need polishing cloth again

[Post New]by Shitzadorina on Feb 23, 12 9:48 AM
This is a glitch in the game we're waiting to get fixed. A lot of players have had this issue. See the post Polishing Cloth, that was locked and help solvig it by reporting it detailedly to BF.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 23, 12 1:52 PM
Hi mattatkeith,

As Shitzadorina mentioned this is something we're looking into at the moment. A couple of things that you can try in the meantime is try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This won't lose your spot in the game but in some cases this can help get the game up and running. I'd also double check the walkthrough to see if there are any steps missing:

The Scruffs: Return of the Duke Walkthrough

If you click the blue text it will take you right there. However if you're still running into trouble after that I would get in touch with our Tech Support team with a Dr. Felix A rep will be able to help you out with your purchase and it will help us better track the issue.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 1:53:00 PM PST

[Post New]by happylabs717 on Feb 23, 12 7:15 PM
Same issue here. Read the locked thread. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Same problem. Cloth not there. DO NOT feel like starting the game all over again.

I want my money back. Two days in a row that BFG's have issues.

Sick of it.

[Post New]by mmm_honey on Feb 24, 12 1:04 AM
Same thing here. I got to the point of getting the last balls and it says the silverware has not been polished. And this is also the 2nd time in a weeks time this has happened to me. I have been with BigFish for several years and I have never had any trouble til here recently with the last 2 games I got and tried to play. I also would like a credit back so I can hopefully find some game on here that will allow me to finish.

[Post New]by ZultanTG on Feb 24, 12 5:35 AM
Had the same thing here, and I'm really not in the mood to spend hours repeating the game so the cloth can vanish again..... Guys Please fix the issue

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 24, 12 7:31 AM
is anyone getting through the polishing issue? I'm not. I tried to contact Customer Support as directed, and they aren't available.
kris

[Post New]by Mystery_Egypt on Feb 24, 12 2:21 PM
Same issue here, re-installing doesn't help

shian1
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by shian1 on Feb 24, 12 3:32 PM
Same as everyone else, had the cloth then it disapeared. If no fix by tomorrow I will ask for my money back.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Feb 24, 12 5:57 PM
Ditto with all the others!!! Cannot move forward and really not thrilled. I was actually enjoying this game. Lately that's been a rarity in and of itself.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Feb 25, 12 12:34 AM
I did hear from CS but I wasn't comfortable doing the steps they wanted me to try. (bad experience with that in the past). So, I did decide to play the game over and see if I could get beyond this. It didn't really take that long to replay and I was able to get through the silver polishing!

I made a real effort to place all the pieces on the blue area beneath the chest before I placed the polish and dipped the cloth. Make sure each piece brightens when you touch them and it worked! For me anyway. Good luck to everyone.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 25, 12 11:03 AM
I agree with Tam5115.

I had the lobster fork in my inventory before I tried to use the polish/polishing cloth on the silverware.

Follow Tam5115's instructions and you will be just fine.

Key words from Tam5115---place EVERYTHING on the blue cloth before starting to polish silverware.

Edited on 02/26/2012 at 4:20:06 PM PST

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on Feb 25, 12 11:16 AM

I should have come here first. I've just played the game through to this point for the second time and could not place the cloth on the last spoon. Then I thought putting it in the box would help. Noooo. Sooo frustrating! I don't know if I even want to go through a third time. What a disappointment.

[Post New]by 123Bright on Feb 26, 12 4:04 PM
I have the same problem. This is a new install for me from the latest release and so this has not been fixed as of this weekend. I would like to get notification that this was fixed so that I can re-install.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 26, 12 5:41 PM
Hi 123Bright:

Once you click on the Green Envelope, on the next screen, go to the bottom left corner and look for a box that says "Still Need Help?" Contact Us.....click on that box.

The next screen, Select Accounting & Purchasing and the select OTHER.

Fill in the Title.
Fill in the Game Name
In the Larger Box, describe what your problem is in detail and where you are in the game.

Fill in your email address, first name and last name, etc

Click on Continue.

Another screen will appear....Click on the SUBMIT button.

Your question should now be submitted and someone from Big Fish will get back to you.

Edited on 02/26/2012 at 5:44:34 PM PST

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Feb 27, 12 1:03 PM
I had the same problem but I just restarted my game again from the beginning and didn't polish the items until all the boxes were opened. The first time I polished them I didn't have the clue yet. Still loved the game and poor dog with gas cracked me up.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 2, 12 10:25 AM
Hi fishies,

Great news! We recently released an update for this game that fixes the progression block that some players were running into in Chapter 9 when trying to polish the silver.

We apologize for the trouble. For more information on how to get the newest version of this game that fixes this issue, please click on the following link:

UPDATE! New version available for The Scruffs: Return of the Duke! February 28 2012

Please contact Tech Support if you continue to experience this or any other issues after installing this update.

Also, since we already have a thread in this Game Forum dedicated to technical issues, I'll be locking this one to keep things tidy in here, but please feel free to re-post your issue HERE.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 03/02/2012 at 10:26:07 AM PST

Go to: