bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 23, 12 3:07 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by River_Wolf on Feb 24, 12 4:17 PM
The "FIX" didn't "FIX" the problem! Still receiving access violation...

Edited on 02/24/2012 at 4:18:52 PM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 27, 12 3:45 AM
I'm stuck in the truck in the jungle. Done HOS and cannot back out of scene. Cursor moves, hint doesn't respond. Just plain stuck.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 27, 12 7:40 AM
Sheerija wrote:I'm stuck in the truck in the jungle. Done HOS and cannot back out of scene. Cursor moves, hint doesn't respond. Just plain stuck.

I've tried all of the above, BF, I always do. I am going to start another profile, as this is a short game, but if it sticks again, I will be asking for a refund.

Enough already.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 28, 12 4:15 AM
Finished the damn thing and it wasn't worth the trouble. Even if I didn't have to start it over again and again to get it to work, it just wasn't worth the effort.

New profile did it, but it was no fun at all.

[Post New]by pinkivy24 on Mar 10, 12 9:33 AM
Still not fixed. It let me play through the 2nd scene, but I can't do anything in the 3rd (jungle) scene.

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Apr 5, 12 2:49 PM
I can't get past the spider without an access violation error....Even after starting a new profile, etc...

Abbey

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Apr 16, 12 5:43 PM

Access Violation screen greets me with each attempt to play this game. I am down 10 minutes and haven't played the game once.. As soon as I click play I receive the AV screen and have to Alt/Ctrl/Del my way out.
After reading all the "tech problem" post...including the locked one...I have decided to just delete the game. There are so many games offered on BF I am not going to waste any more time on a game which obviously has seriously problems.

Time to move on ...

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Mar 6, 13 3:15 PM
I've tried to progress in this game with 2 different profiles, so they are at different stages of the game.

What they have in common is that i can click all over the screen and nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still have the problem.

I really don't want to start a 3rd profile just to have this happen again.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 6, 13 3:19 PM
Hi BarbaraFish,

It sounds like the game is going through a kind of freeze. That sort of issue is usually related to some updates being available for the display side of things on your computer, which is why you ran into it with both profiles.

The help article below goes through how to check for those updates:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't get everything straightened out, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Mar 6, 13 3:32 PM
Wow i'm impressed by the quick reply. I was just about to add that i went to the pages you mention. I un- and reinstalled both adobe flash and shockwave and it didn't help. i'll contact customer support. Thanks.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Apr 15, 13 5:03 PM
The screen froze a few minutes into the game - when the spider appeared. I managed to get out by hitting <escape> and received an error message (not from BF) stating the game had stopped working and no solution could be found. As it is a demo I'm not going to take any chances. I have too many games with issues that I have purchased and can't play. And I can't receive two punches if I don't purchase this game today as it is the Catch of the Week.

This is a brand new gaming computer and, as far as I know, everything is up to date.

BF just lost another sale. I liked the game, too. It's was kinda fun. I didn't even manage to get the ballerina on stage. I would have received a free game if I had purchased this one. Oh well - there's another Monday in seven days. I've noticed that I am not the only one who ran into a problem when the spider appeared.

I'm going to add that I have a problem with killing a mouse with a stone. That is not necessary. I didn't like that at ALL. Scaring it, yes. Killing it, NO. I wouldn't do that in real life. Maybe it's good that the game is glitchy. It got poor reviews anyway.

Edited on 04/15/2013 at 5:13:46 PM PST

[Post New]by Georgieflip on Apr 20, 13 6:29 AM
Don't buy this game... too many technical problems with it. Stuck at the safe with access violation code.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 23, 13 6:53 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

AdrianaIP
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Cannot bring forward ballerina to open musci box

[Post New]by AdrianaIP on May 1, 13 4:22 PM
I am stuck in the frist story. In the HOG where you have to use a ballerina you pick up to open a music box to get door handle. I pick up the ballerina, but then it is lost. I cannot brng forward my inventory (if it ever went there),

I am afraid I wasted my money in this.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on May 1, 13 4:28 PM
Hi AdrianaIP,

I'm sorry to hear that happened! Uninstalling and reinstalling the game might help get that working again if you'd like to try that. Our help article here goes over that in more detail:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, our Tech Support Team will be happy to assist you so you can get that inventory working again!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Heather_G
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Heather_G on Mar 20, 14 7:14 PM
Add me to the list of people who got stuck when the spider drops down in the dressing room. I have contacted customer support, but not holding out much hope. I've tried it on three different computers. There's definately something wrong with this game.

Go to: