bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Surface: Mystery of Another World forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 24, 12 12:10 AM
Welcome to Surface: Mystery of Another World forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Surface: Mystery of Another World players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Welcome to Surface: Mystery of Another World forum

[Post New]by JulieJay on Feb 24, 12 1:41 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you ask players to be careful when posting a review based on their play of the CE version. The SE does not have the added bonus of finding the flowers!!! There were a lot of unhappy players when a previous SE game came out and reviews were posted based on the CE saying there were morphing objects to find. It spoiled the game for me and I did not buy the SE. If we want to read CE reviews we know where to go - they shouldn't be in this forum. I'm sorry but this is yet another game which I feel reluctant to buy knowing that there is that added feature in the CE which I can't afford to buy. I don't demo CE's for that reason.

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Mar 2, 12 1:23 AM
bel gioco,purtroppo un po confusionario,bisogna andare avanti e indietro per trovare la soluzione....ho impiegato molto tempo per finirlo...per il resto bella la grafica e le animazioni....

dgregory_58
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by dgregory_58 on Mar 18, 12 5:46 PM
I asked this question in the forums but haven't received any help. I need to make a cup of tea in one of the HO scenes but I can't find teapot. Is it somewhere else?

[Post New]by mondavi1184 on Mar 28, 12 9:28 AM
Can someone help me locate the plastic finger? I am in the Temple area and am supposed to clean the plastic finger. Found the soap, found the glass but no finger.

Thanks.!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 30, 12 4:51 PM
dgregory_58 wrote:I asked this question in the forums but haven't received any help. I need to make a cup of tea in one of the HO scenes but I can't find teapot. Is it somewhere else?
The tea pot is on the little side table in the archive.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 30, 12 4:53 PM
mondavi1184 wrote:Can someone help me locate the plastic finger? I am in the Temple area and am supposed to clean the plastic finger. Found the soap, found the glass but no finger.

Thanks.!
When you're in the H0S that has the plastic finger as one of the items there should be a green glass bottle with a pink plastic finger sticking out the top. Use the soap from your inventory on it.

[Post New]by herrpeg on Apr 15, 12 8:10 AM
I recently purchased Surface,mystery of another world, everything downloaded fine but it will not come up, I get the intro music and then it goes blank. Any suggestions.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 15, 12 11:58 AM
Hi herrpeg,

It sounds like there might be a technical issue going on with your game. First, check out the troubleshooting steps in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

(Just click the blue text and you'll be taken right there.)

If those suggestions don't help, it's definitely a good idea to get in touch with our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how that game is running on your computer and see how best to get things fixed for you.

You can follow the link below for more information about how to contact Tech Support and send them more info about the problem you're having:

How do I contact Tech Support?

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by poolradrad on Apr 21, 12 10:33 PM
My last ladybug is missing on the screen in the flower box on the top of the city. The hint shows where it should be and there is nothing there. The ladybugs are not an object that needs anything else. I can't go any further. Any help? I think its messed up.

[Post New]by skorstengaard on Sep 11, 12 4:08 AM
I was very disappointed that this game was so slow. The cursor was so shaky and the graphics so slow that I gave up after 10 minutes. Too bad because it looks very interesting.

[Post New]by buddysugar_71 on Oct 10, 12 3:54 PM
In the hidden object puzzle when I click on the butterfly it says "If I had some gold paint, I could color the butterfly. How do I find the gold paint to do it??

Buddysugar

[Post New]by buddysugar_71 on Oct 10, 12 4:03 PM
In the walkthrough, a paint brush with gold on the tip is shown. It doesn't show on my hidden object puzzle.

Buddysugar

lbrad
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by lbrad on Oct 26, 12 8:42 AM
You have to grind your gold, mix it in a liquid, then you have gold paint.

Game stuck - Surface: Mystery of Another World

[Post New]by kmargelot on Feb 14, 13 5:04 PM
I have been playing this game for weeks with no issues - I have loved it. I purchased the Collectors Edition. I downloaded the update when it was recently released. I played it last night as well. I have progressed a loooong way. I have the turtle, rat, monkey, and bird levels and have achieved access to the bonus content. Well, just now I tried playing the game. Loads the title page, I hit "Continue", and the screen goes black for about 3 seconds and up comes a screen looks like the game is stuck transitioning between levels using that machine thing. Meaning, all that I see are burning floorboards, the machine, and a black background behind it. Unfortunately, I can't paste a screenshot in this form field.

I have closed the app completely, deleted it from the background, restarted my iPad and even did a hard reboot of my iPad. I still get that same stuck screen when I try to continue the game. There are no functions on the screen, just that image.

Is this a known bug? I would really hate to have to delete and renown load the game. I'd have to start all over again. Please help!

KM

Philipsonh
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Philipsonh on Feb 22, 13 12:33 PM
Also posted on technical support: after playing this game to the fourth chapter, i quit out of it; subsequently, I have been unable to restart the game. Updated everything in my computer, tried with and without anti-virus program running, uninstalled and reinstalled game manager and the game 3 times ,and so forth. When attempting to start game, get error:: access violation message. also tried every workaround that I could find noted on this site, with no success. Have windows xp, sp3. Everything updated and all other games in computer work fine. Also this game DOES run on another computer, to completion, so obviously, something occurred when I exited ( quit ) the game. Any help is appreciated. Note the two computers on which I installed the game are almost identical..

Philipsonh
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Philipsonh on Feb 22, 13 12:36 PM
Buddy Sugar 71 - the gold paint becomes available LATER in the game. Keep playing and you will come across it.

[Post New]by Dentap on Feb 24, 13 3:46 PM
Thanks for a great game! I have been stuck a few times but each time I got thru it...
This time I seem stuck worse!!? It says attach the mechanical hand on the shelving unit in the archived storage, but I cannot find that room? Please help someone?
D

Go to: