Jetsetters - Attention BFG and Gamers

[Post New]by loopy1966uk on Jan 25, 09 1:40 AM
I have just tried to open this new game and had a big error message box that came up telling me not to as it was corrupted or had a virus and would be lethal to my computer. I think BFG need to be sorting it out asap and all gamers beware.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

Re:Jetsetters - Attention BFG and Gamers

[Post New]by mummypops on Jan 25, 09 1:47 AM
Welcome to the pond loopy1966uk, I have not had a problem as yet, but thanks for the warning.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 25, 09 1:53 AM
Thanks for posting this warning....Loopy and Welcome to the pond.

argistla
Flounder
Flounder
2,207 Posts

[Post New]by argistla on Jan 25, 09 2:15 AM
i have had it come up on 4monster quest,wild west quest 2 and lost in reef ,,tried to download robinson crusoe tonight and same thing,,i know it is not my comp as i keep running checks..i have sent a e-mail to help centre tonight so they may be able to sort it out ..i hope so as i love their games argistla

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 25, 09 2:18 AM
I've just finished the demo. Had some problems: some items were difficult to pick up and once I couldn't pick up the poker chip. Shame - beautiful graphics and a variety of hint options. Thanks for the warning. Have uninstalled it and will wait to see if it's OK before I consider buying it. 2 beautiful HO games this weekend! BF is spoiling us!

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Jan 25, 09 3:01 AM
What virus protection do you all use? I wonder because sometimes they give false virus warning to games. I'm sorry you two are having this problem, I know it's frustrating.

[Post New]by loopy1966uk on Jan 25, 09 3:18 AM
I just use BT internet protection but this is the first time a virus warning has come up on a BFG game. I have only ever had a problem with 3 other games from this site, Cash Cow, Samantha Swift and Scrapbook Paige. All of these I can play on other web sites without a problem, but Cash Cow won't install, Scrapbook Paige installed but wouldn't play and Samantha Swift just froze after assembling the gold statue, although it did also stop playing after I reformatted my computer when I played the trial for 20 mins then shut it down and then it wouldn't play anymore. This was the one I was most disappointed with when it failed as it looked like a very good game.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 25, 09 3:22 AM
Playing this one with no problems.

chrissy61
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by chrissy61 on Jan 25, 09 4:14 AM
downloaded it no problems I'm going demo now .Play with no problem. Have option timed or relaxed.

Edited on 01/25/2009 at 4:51:48 AM PST

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jan 25, 09 4:20 AM
loopy1966uk wrote:I just use BT internet protection but this is the first time a virus warning has come up on a BFG game. I have only ever had a problem with 3 other games from this site, Cash Cow, Samantha Swift and Scrapbook Paige. All of these I can play on other web sites without a problem, but Cash Cow won't install, Scrapbook Paige installed but wouldn't play and Samantha Swift just froze after assembling the gold statue, although it did also stop playing after I reformatted my computer when I played the trial for 20 mins then shut it down and then it wouldn't play anymore. This was the one I was most disappointed with when it failed as it looked like a very good game.

Get AVG virus software, it's free and works for me fine ....

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jan 25, 09 5:20 AM
Hi guys ~ there have been a handful of users posting over the past week or 2 about new virus warnings (presumed to be all false positives, not really viruses!) on the odd game here and there, Call of Atlantis comes to mind as being the most common complaint, similar to what happened with mcafee over xmas, but this time only on a game here and there, not the whole game manager thing

and this time it's not mcafee exclusively, altho they have been mentioned a time or 2, most often it was AVG ~ contacting about it is prob a good thing, if there are enough complaints they may complain to the antivirus maker on our behalf ... but ...

the fact is its the antivirus maker's mistake and problem, not bigfish's, and the best and first thing to do is contact the provider of your AV software let them know it's a false positive and that you need it fixed so you can use your program

they'll prob try to argue the point with you and tell you it's really a virus not a false positive but once enough people contact them and complain they'll see the light and do something about it, tho that will take some time

here's a link to info on virus messages ...

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bigfishgames.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=Z*EPCOoj

just type in "virus messages" in the "find instant answers" search box and it will take you there

azaa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,772 Posts

[Post New]by azaa on Jan 25, 09 5:39 AM
Loaded "Jetsetters" demo this AM... had no probs at all. I am considering buying depending on the length... does anyone know how many chapters, levels etc. the game has? Thanks in advance for any info!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 25, 09 5:54 AM
I just started trying the demo, and deleted it after less than 5 minutes. It worked fine for me, however:

No option for windowed mode, just fullscreen
The font size of the items to looks for is TINY. This makes no sense at all, because there was blank space below those items, and most people don't mind if only 6 or so items are listed and more are added as you find things, if that's all the space allows.

I'm not about to put up with that kind of eye strain, just to see the words of what I'm supposed to look for.

Lynndamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Lynndamc on Jan 25, 09 6:46 AM
Just downloaded Jetsetters and it loaded ok but when i went to play, my mouse curser is delayed. Geez, i hate it when that happens! I have found that to happen other times when trying a new game and stop playing and deleted the game. Does anyone know why this happens on some games and not on others? and what I can do, if anything to correct it?

thanks

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 25, 09 7:16 AM
If a game uses a custom mouse pointer, sometimes in the options you can switch to the standard system mouse pointer, which should speed things up.

[Post New]by elainedelliott on Jan 25, 09 7:26 AM
Just finished demo loved it. Like to buy but first need to know HOW LONG IS THIS ONE? Sorry for yelling, but I have been stuck with too many shorties, lol.

[Post New]by elainedelliott on Jan 25, 09 7:27 AM
Just finished demo loved it. Like to buy but first need to know HOW LONG IS THIS ONE? Sorry for yelling, but I have been stuck with too many shorties, lol.

Sorry for repeat I am trying to delete this one but cant figure out how.

Edited on 01/25/2009 at 7:35:33 AM PST

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jan 25, 09 7:40 AM
elainedelliott wrote:Sorry for repeat I am trying to delete this one but cant figure out how.

Hi elaine ~ if you look at the top of your message, the one you want to delete, there should be a red "x" alongside the edit button, just click it

you have to be signed in of course in order to do it

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Jan 25, 09 9:57 AM
Lynndamc wrote:Just downloaded Jetsetters and it loaded ok but when i went to play, my mouse curser is delayed. Geez, i hate it when that happens! I have found that to happen other times when trying a new game and stop playing and deleted the game. Does anyone know why this happens on some games and not on others? and what I can do, if anything to correct it?

thanks

I had the same thing to happen to me - as it has on several games - I hate it too - when it begins like that, I just come out (alt + tab will drop the game to task bar without exiting) and change the settings - I usually run on 1680 x 1050 - and I switch to 1024 x 768 (800 x 600 works too, and I don't know if other settings do or not) - bring the game back up and everything moves along fine - I always liken the other to "playing in molasses" lol . I have to change settings to play Lost In Reefs and Farm Mania - I have thought about emailing CS to see if they know a way to fix it, but, haven't gotten around to it yet.

Otherwise, I really like this game, but, like some others, would like to know the length...although...I found myself enjoying the slots so much - length of actual game may not really be that important!!

[Post New]by elainedelliott on Jan 25, 09 10:24 AM
okletmewin12 thanks, but when I click the "x" to says to give reason for deleting and a ok. no place to do a reason why
HERE IS REASON: HIT SUBMIT TWICE IN ERROR! LOL

Go to: