grannnydee
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

expansion board

[Post New]by grannnydee on Feb 24, 12 1:42 PM
can anyone help me get through this board..what dose the noise mean. please explain????? PLEASE

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:expansion board

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 24, 12 9:03 PM
Hello again! When these boards start out, there's only a few columns (or rows) lit up and the rest of the board is dark. Make matches somewhere in the small lighted portion at the very start, which will cause a new column or two to light up. Then keep moving your matches towards the far edge of the lighted region to get more columns to light up. I usually work on lighting up the whole board first before worrying about turning all the spaces gold.

The screechy noise means that some of the columns are turning dark again and the way to relight them is to make a match somewhere in the lighted section. Focus on turning all the spaces gold at the farthest edge of the board first and work backwards towards the small section that was lighted at the beginning because it will save all the gold spaces made even if the column goes dark again later. Hope that helps!

grannnydee
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by grannnydee on Feb 27, 12 6:00 AM
Thank you so much Synth, that really helped me out. I now can get thru the board pretty quickly....

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 27, 12 5:47 PM
You're most welcome, glad to have helped!

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Feb 29, 12 9:24 AM
Yes, very helpful.. And I'm glad the question was asked!

Re:Fire Realm - Path to Santorini expansion board -

[Post New]by djparis on Mar 2, 12 4:00 PM
this expansion board does not work the same as the others do - i cannot figure out how to get this board completed. it does not "expand" like the others and there is no "tutorial" board for this one in this phase. when everything is filled in and turns gold, a grip of the other slates lose the gold and open up again. i thought i was almost there and used the help button only for all of the pieces to fall off of the right side of the board. can anyone help me out here??? any tips??? thanks!!!!!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 2, 12 9:08 PM
Welcome to the pond, djparis

The way I do the Path to Santorini expansion board is by lighting up the whole board first (see my earlier post above for more details). The two columns on the far right side are sort of cut off by the board's shape and tend to go dark easily because the spaces get empty and it takes time to drag jewels back in for the matches. If you match in the dark area only, they don't count. I work around the going dark problem by continually making matches in the area near the 2 rightmost columns to keep at least one of the columns lit. Then it's a matter of looking for jewels to drag into the empty spaces for setups, but not necessarily making the match right away, because it might go dark before the move can be made...instead, create the setup, but then match somewhere else to make the right side light back up, *then* make the match on the right with the setup created earlier.

It takes a little while of doing this back and forth matching/dragging jewels for setup/matching elsewhere/clearing setup to get all the spaces on the farthest right done, but once those are out of the way, the rest of the board can be done by working backwards towards the far left without too much trouble. Enjoy!

zoeycoco
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by zoeycoco on Mar 10, 12 6:22 PM
On the boards that you finish at the bottom where it says restart or continue, which one do you choose, does it matter and what's the difference. If you restart and you've finished the board, why restart?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 11, 12 10:52 AM
zoeycoco wrote:On the boards that you finish at the bottom where it says restart or continue, which one do you choose, does it matter and what's the difference. If you restart and you've finished the board, why restart?

The restart option is if you want to try for more stars on the board; otherwise, you should pick continue. Max number of stars for non-tutorial boards is determined by the mode you play in. Untimed is 1 star, normal is 4, advanced is 5.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 14, 12 3:56 AM
I'm doing a different expansion board than what is being talked about here--at least I'm trying to do it! But the shape of the board is so that pieces won't drop down normally on both sides of the board! I have tried and tried, but I can't get the whole board to fill in at all! And I can't go on without that board being filled! Help?????????

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 14, 12 10:17 AM
Finally I made it! But it sure wasn't easy Doesn't anyone from Big Fish look at these Forums? It seems I post, but no one ever comes around to answer my post--leaving me to talk to myself

Edited on 05/14/2012 at 10:19:43 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 14, 12 6:03 PM
Hi FreeBird01, those of us offering gaming tips are by and large gamers like yourself, although the moderators do pop into the game forums here and there. If you have a technical question about a game, that's better addressed by Customer Support since most of us aren't serious computer techies and it could be any number of reasons why a game is acting up. The game forums also move slower than the Chit Chat Corner or Word Games forum, but the fishies in the pond are mostly a nice and helpful bunch in my experience here. If it seems like nobody is answering your questions, it might just be that nobody knows the answer, or if it's an older game, it will just take a little while longer.

Glad you made it past the expansion board you were stuck on!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 14, 12 6:21 PM
Thanks SynthpopAddict for at least talking to me I think there are just so many games with Forms that questions many times simply don't even get looked at by anyone at all That is why I think it would be nice, if Moderators made the rounds checking for unanswered questions. But I guess that would be a big task to do! Thanks I'm glad I made it past that expansion board myself

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 14, 12 7:43 PM
You're most welcome! Yes, there are a lot of forums that don't get a lot of traffic...just part of the territory with less-popular game genres. I think the mods lurk in the game forums more often than they let on, but their job is more to make sure the forums aren't being spammed out and that the rest of us aren't starting fish fries or otherwise breaking the rules.

Congrats on getting past the unbury board (saw your post in the other thread) too. BTW I lurk a lot in the Jewel Quest M3 forums, so feel free to post again if you get stuck somewhere else.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 16, 12 9:15 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Hello again! When these boards start out, there's only a few columns (or rows) lit up and the rest of the board is dark. Make matches somewhere in the small lighted portion at the very start, which will cause a new column or two to light up. Then keep moving your matches towards the far edge of the lighted region to get more columns to light up. I usually work on lighting up the whole board first before worrying about turning all the spaces gold.

The screechy noise means that some of the columns are turning dark again and the way to relight them is to make a match somewhere in the lighted section. Focus on turning all the spaces gold at the farthest edge of the board first and work backwards towards the small section that was lighted at the beginning because it will save all the gold spaces made even if the column goes dark again later. Hope that helps!

I am now actually on this board and it is worse than the other one I was talking about! I can't get the whole board to light up like you are talking about in this post. How do you get that to happen?

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 16, 12 9:16 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:Hello again! When these boards start out, there's only a few columns (or rows) lit up and the rest of the board is dark. Make matches somewhere in the small lighted portion at the very start, which will cause a new column or two to light up. Then keep moving your matches towards the far edge of the lighted region to get more columns to light up. I usually work on lighting up the whole board first before worrying about turning all the spaces gold.

I am now actually on this board and it is worse than the other one I was talking about! I can't get the whole board to light up like you are talking about in this post. How do you get that to happen?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 16, 12 5:46 PM
Hi FreeBird, for all expansion boards, you have to keep making matches within the lighted region to get more of the board to light up. If you pause for more than about 3 seconds, part of the lighted section will go dark again. If you make matches someplace in the dark region they don't count (no spaces will turn gold there). Another strategy besides the one I posted earlier is to get what's lighted at the beginning gold, then light up a little bit of the board at a time and match all the spaces there, focusing on turning the board gold in segments. The matches have to focused on the edge of the board that keeps expanding outwards so that you don't keep matching in the "done" parts all the time. This strategy will take longer, but should work. Good luck!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 18, 12 7:07 AM
Thanks I finally made it I don't know how you are with other games, but you are a real "Pro" with this one! A really helpful "Pro" I might add

Edited on 05/18/2012 at 7:08:22 AM PST

Go to: