bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Natural Threat: Ominous Shores technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 25, 12 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 5:04:24 PM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Natural Threat: Ominous Shores technical issues here only

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Feb 25, 12 2:32 AM
after the hour demo,i bought the game and even if it recognize my identity,i had to begin the game again!so ,i'll wait and see if somebody has the same issue and if in the game the save system is ok or not!that could may this game to be left without any chance !

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 25, 12 2:36 AM
I started where I was. No problem here.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Feb 25, 12 2:46 AM
O! not again....this game did some things that I have not seen before!
d/l...fine
hit play
GM noted 'good bye come back soon'
then got screenshot of BFG logo...like flash on/off
then screen went to bars of rainbow flashing second of this
and
then went to a 'error' message...'dump' sending to dev's! WHAT?
sent 'dump' icon to the desktop...put in recycle bin to get rid of!
twice tried...oooopsee!
went back into GM, game deleted from the 'start' menu!
A NO BUY! of course....
well have done a dr.felix.fix just last week for several games....will not list here...but this is getting way 'tired' to have one to just 'try' before deciding...back to 'no buy'...must look on positive that my bank account is 'happy'...so sad for all the games that 'could have been'....

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Feb 25, 12 2:50 AM
thanks,dobbiemijnboekje!i'll start again after deleting the beta i have in my files,and see again!

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Feb 25, 12 3:16 AM
letsdoit wrote:O! not again....this game did some things that I have not seen before!
d/l...fine
hit play
and
twice tried...oooopsee!
A NO BUY! of course....
well have done a dr.felix.fix just last week for several games....will not list here...but this is getting way 'tired' to have one to just 'try' before deciding...back to 'no buy'...must look on positive that my bank account is 'happy'...so sad for all the games that 'could have been'....

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Feb 25, 12 3:19 AM
Same as "letsdoit" hit play and computer froze - had to use task manager to close the game and unfreeze comp - then got error message and dump icon. Brand new computer so I have all requirements - deleted and not going to even try to reload.

[Post New]by szoszivirag on Feb 25, 12 3:54 AM
I had a same problem,had to start all over again and my courser blinking, so hard to click on items.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Feb 25, 12 3:55 AM
Yep, I had tyhe same thing that after I bought it, it started over from the start rather than where I was up to.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Feb 25, 12 4:01 AM
I had to start again too! Second game in a row I've had problems like this with. Any suggestions?

Pocofina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Pocofina on Feb 25, 12 4:08 AM
edmee1947 wrote:after the hour demo,i bought the game and even if it recognize my identity,i had to begin the game again!so ,i'll wait and see if somebody has the same issue and if in the game the save system is ok or not!that could may this game to be left without any chance !

I am having the same problems - maybe there is a glitch ? Please patch it up.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Feb 25, 12 4:16 AM
Oh boy, and I really enjoyed playing until......... Also got a dump icon, never seen that before. Had to do a hard shut down.Game froze and when I went back to play, game took me to the beginning and the arrow did not turn into a magnifying glass where it supposed to. Won't buy until fixed. That is the second game in a week that was corrupted somehow. I wish games would be fully tested before releasing. BigFish, please fix

dmhetman
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by dmhetman on Feb 25, 12 4:57 AM
SAME AS LETSDOIT....NEVER HAD THIS BEFORE..CAN'T PLAY..
O! not again....this game did some things that I have not seen before!
d/l...fine
hit play
and
twice tried...oooopsee!
A NO BUY! of course....

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Feb 25, 12 5:13 AM
..........and things were going so well! I played the demo and have just used a game credit to buy it. However, I TOO HAVE HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!! AAAAARRRGHHHH!!! Most annoying and totally unnecessary!! What's going on?

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Feb 25, 12 5:30 AM
Don't know if I had played the full hour or not ... but the game cut out on me and didn't open the GM (which had closed down at the start) with the option to purchase. GM says I still have 60 minutes left!

Don't know what to do I was really enjoying it too!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Feb 25, 12 5:34 AM
poggyapoo wrote:..........and things were going so well! I played the demo and have just used a game credit to buy it. However, I TOO HAVE HAD TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!! AAAAARRRGHHHH!!! Most annoying and totally unnecessary!! What's going on?

Same here...

[Post New]by ShadowGamePlayer on Feb 25, 12 5:37 AM
......I can't get as far as some of you...my virus program sees it as a virus and kills it before I can download it....I know this is not the case as I trust BF to be 100% virus free.... Not sure if I will bother to bypass my virus program

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Feb 25, 12 5:50 AM
I too have had the'dump' problem....quite worrying really as not too sure what it meant have had more than a few problems with getting any of the games to play recently.. usually our old friend 'access violation' but this was a new one on me
I uninstalled it asap and hope that it's not left any unwelcome visitors on my computer..At least the sun's shining here at the moment Hoping for better things tomorrow with the Sunday CE

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on Feb 25, 12 5:50 AM
I am having a huge problem that I don't see listed yet--the game opens and it lets me type in my name...but after typing name and hitting 'enter', my cursor completely DISAPPEARS!! It is so annoying...I can't even start playing because there's so way to hit the Play button!

I have restarted several times with no change. I buy at least 4-5 BFG games a week and have had no problems with any other games, and I have never seen anything like this. I also own many **** games, purchased both at BFG and through the **** site as recently as yesterday, so I know there are no ****-specific issues.

Any suggestions are much appreciated since my chronic illness is acting up and I REALLY need a game to distract me. \
thank you!

Ally

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Feb 25, 12 5:53 AM
The game also closed the GM when I pressed play! The cursor is blinking way to much for me to even try the game

Go to: